HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Shootout lineup?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2008, 10:57 PM
  #1
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Shootout lineup?

What trio do you want to see us start out with this season? I'm sure the lineup will be juggled around throughout the season, but who do you think would be the best three to start with, and in what order?

My picks:

1. Frolik if he makes the team, if not then Olesz
2. Horton
3. Weiss

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 11:42 PM
  #2
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 50
Frolik is a beast in shootout....

1. Frolik
2. Horton
3. Kreps
4. Weiss
5. Matthias

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:16 AM
  #3
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
Frolik is a beast in shootout....

1. Frolik
2. Horton
3. Kreps
4. Weiss
5. Matthias
Yeah, Frolik is just so well suited for the shootout. I like your pick of Kreps at #3. I like how he looked in shootouts last season. I was debating between him and Weiss at that spot. I picked Weiss at #3 because that's a pressure spot, and I don't like putting Frolik, Olesz, or Horton at that spot, I think they'd do better with less pressure on. Weiss just seems to me to be a guy that performs well in pressure situations and would be the best one on the team at handling that.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 04:18 AM
  #4
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Yeah, Frolik is just so well suited for the shootout. I like your pick of Kreps at #3. I like how he looked in shootouts last season. I was debating between him and Weiss at that spot. I picked Weiss at #3 because that's a pressure spot, and I don't like putting Frolik, Olesz, or Horton at that spot, I think they'd do better with less pressure on. Weiss just seems to me to be a guy that performs well in pressure situations and would be the best one on the team at handling that.
I agree it seems Weiss always comes thru in pressure situations. However, I just see alot of Flippula in Kreps with his backhand move he does so well just like Flipper, I feel like we will see more of it.. In my opinion those that can put it shelf like he can on the backhand always are key in the shootout. Weiss never really goes shelf backhand, Horton neither... Olesz tries but never succeeds... Who knows about Frolik. I looove Kreps.


Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 08:26 AM
  #5
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 50
Horton
Olesz
Weiss
Kreps
Matthias/Zednik

Obviously, Frolik would be in there, but I don't think he'll start in the NHL. I think Ballard was 0/2 in shootouts last year and Stillman had no attempts.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
  #6
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
I agree it seems Weiss always comes thru in pressure situations. However, I just see alot of Flippula in Kreps with his backhand move he does so well just like Flipper, I feel like we will see more of it.. In my opinion those that can put it shelf like he can on the backhand always are key in the shootout. Weiss never really goes shelf backhand, Horton neither... Olesz tries but never succeeds... Who knows about Frolik. I looove Kreps.

I agree, he has a killer backhand shelfer.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 08:58 PM
  #7
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,348
vCash: 500
Horton
Olesz
Kreps

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
  #8
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 50
What, no Dvo?

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
  #9
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
What, no Dvo?
I would put Bouw in the shootout before Dvo!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 11:16 AM
  #10
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 50
I probably should've put one of these in my post -->

Dvorak was my favorite player when he was an Oiler, but he was painful to watch in scoring situations. His speed often gave him chances, but he would always shoot it right at the goalie's chest. It got to the point where I wouldn't even get excited when he got a breakaway. You just knew he was going to screw it up.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
  #11
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Horton
Frolik
Weiss
Bouwmeester
Kreps

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
  #12
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,738
vCash: 50
I'd think Ville with his wrists should be pretty alright in the shootout, has he been good in them?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
  #13
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
I'd think Ville with his wrists should be pretty alright in the shootout, has he been good in them?
Actually, he isn't bad at all in the shootout. Only problem, he probably won't play much this season, unless injuries occur.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.