HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT- I like to fight too much, any tips to control my anger?

Old
08-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
Wow, chill. I'm sure there's lots of people out there that enjoy the rush of a fight that aren't in jail. I'm not a hoodlum or a criminal, I don't beat someone's head in with a pipe if that's what you think. As for me thinking I'm the ****, I don't think I am, but I hate it when someone walks up acting like they are, hence why I start being rude, and sometimes, a fight escalates.
Grow up and mature...the rush of a fight??? People get hurt or killed in fights, it is never an effective of dealing with anger. Seek help if you can't control your rage, only 2 year olds that verbalize their feelings have temper tantrums.

Last edited by Tedi: 08-03-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: that can't verbalize
Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 07:19 AM
sevil

vCash: 500
I bounced for four years.. when you run into the wrong guy.. you will probably end your fighting career.. and by the way he doesnt have to be 350lbs.. I have a few friends that are 5 foot 8 and 185lbs that could probably tear you apart... when you end up hurt for weeks, or with something broken and you miss summer you will slow down the fights.

Trust me there is always someone better and at 16 (nothing personal) there are alot of guys better at fighting than you... and just think more and more guys are carrying knives and perhaps guns... you might only want to take it to fists but if you embarass someone...they may take it to the next level..

start asking yourself what really is making you mad... and solve that problem

family, school, girls, work, friends, there is an issue ... solve it.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 07:49 AM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Take any kind of martial arts classes such as boxing or muay thai. I guarantee you that unleashing those punch and kicks on bags and mits will calm you down after a session of intense training.
This.

If you enjoy fighting, you probably can make a living out of it.

Moreover, you probably need something to let aggression flow. I had the same problem, and fixed it doing Judo for a few years.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I used to get into fights as a teen.. then I got kicked in the face by a 350 pounds bouncer..................

try it, Ghandi will lead your life after that.
In Gatineau we have Dominic Filiou (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Filiou) - one of the biggest strongmen in the world - bouncing one of our bars. So far I haven't seen anyone cross him.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
In Gatineau we have Dominic Filiou (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Filiou) - one of the biggest strongmen in the world - bouncing one of our bars. So far I haven't seen anyone cross him.
I saw him on TV, he's huge, only a dumb*** or someone really, really, really drunk would challenge him

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Wanting to fight all the time demonstrates you might have a self-esteem problem, you feel you have to prove to yourself and others that you're a "man".

Fighting will not correct your shortcomings, be they physical or psychological. And you have to remember that you will one day fight the 'wrong guy' who will come back to get you with 2-3 pals because he cant fight and he'll give you a nice long stay in a hospital.

You need to see someone for that, before you piss off the one person who will clean your clock and maybe maim you for life.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:16 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
What I would suggest is that you take that adrenaline rush you get from a fight, and use it in a socially acceptable manner...eg boxing, sports, whatever.

You seem to have a competitive nature...consider that getting older and use that drive to succeed...not engage someone physically, but rather mentally.

Old
08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
znk

Quote:
I woudn't have gotten mad if she hadn't been so rude about it. She leaned over and said '' shut off your ******* phone '' not even a please, or in a nicer choice of words. As for mooks...why are you passing judgement? I am not insecure, nor is there nothing going on in my life, I'm happy, and live well with the people who respect me. Once again, it's not like I go around hitting people who haven't done anything to me, yes I enjoy the rush of a fight, but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there.

No offense, but I just get the vibe that because you've been in fights with *******s, you feel the need to stereotype everybody. I'm not like that. I'm naturally nice to people, until they give me a reason not too, and when they do, that's when I start getting rude, and then, sometimes, a fight happens.

I've appreciated the suggestions of some people on here, but some people are being straight ********** about it. I would never be able to hit someone in the head with a pipe, or something of the sort, because that's just not me, but I do get into fist-fights, and some people are replying like I'm a thug.
And what about using a phone in a movie theater? Dont you think that's rude? No matter how you try to hide it everyone sees the glow of the lcd screen.

From the description of your story she was right. You should have left it there. Put your cell phone in your pocket and forgot about it.

Last edited by znk: 08-03-2008 at 09:43 AM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
steamtrain
shred photog

I was never quite as aggressive as you describe, but I did tend to get in people's faces if they gave me ****. I used to take more risks in general at that age. Now I'm older, getting married in a couple weeks, and it really puts things in perspective. Is is worth it to tell the wrong dude to go **** himself, and end up dead in a back alley?

I dunno, you're still 16 and not likely to be dealing with people that would kill you for fighting, but give it a few years and take it to the streets or a nightclub, and your attitude will get you ****ed, eventually.

Same goes with every risky behavior - driving recklessly, binge drinking, hiking in dangerous places... kids do alot of dumb **** that they eventually grow out of when they realize the rewards of drifting around a corner on a dirt road isn't worth the risk of getting destroyed by a logging truck. You'll grow out of it once the responsibilities in your life increase - the fact that you realize its a problem is a good sign. Like others, I'd suggest channeling your aggression into something positive, like a martial art.

steamtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:50 AM
It Kills Me

Martial arts didn't help me, it was BS.. If anything, sports are better, hockey, rugby.. That's what I do now a days.

I did taeknowdo, just made me pent it up. I eventually started to walk away from fights after I had to switch schools and suspensions. But for a release, nothing beats absolutely nailing someone then getting up and making another hit (which you do in rugby)..

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Terry Cahill

Become a cop.

Terry Cahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:58 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

steroids

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:03 AM
BlairBettsBlocks

take up boxing or MMA

then, it becomes illegal to fight outside of the gym, unless its in self defense, atleast here in new york it does
i dont know about other places

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Kriss E

Grow up.
If its truly the rush of fighting you enjoy, then do MMA. Who knows, it might turn into a career.

If you don't want that, than just suck it up and realize it's quite dumb to fight with anybody that's been ''rude'' to you.
It's not because someone was ''rude'' to you that you have to respond.
Be the bigger man and move on.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Mustafa*

Actualy i did MMA and boxing in Victo for a year and it didn't help me at all, it accentuated my problem, i thought i could take anyone. With age i just became a completly clam person who react with calm in every situation, i think it changes when your at peace with yourself. Personnaly the more a situation in my life would frustrate me, the more i would challenging people and be aggressive in situation that had nothing to do with my frustration.

So i just learned that all this was ******** and that i had nothing to prove to anyone, and my life and art would never benefit from that, it would only slow me down to atain my goal. I'm quite cerebral thought.

And the vast majority of people are not intelligent, you can just talk them out of it in a very manipulative way.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Wanting to fight all the time demonstrates you might have a self-esteem problem, you feel you have to prove to yourself and others that you're a "man".
My thoughts exactly.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Blood On The Ice

Quote:
Any tips to help me control my anger, if anyone's has been or is the same way? I don't know what it is...i'm a nice guy to most people, but when someone gives me an attitude, or an attitude to friends or girlfriends, or just a guy who thinks he's the **** in general, I'm quick to start arguing and shoving and fighting or giving attitude.

Take for example....today. I'm at the movies, and I get a text, it was on vibrate so no one could hear, I take it my phone quietly and text back, with my phone next to my knee. This 20 something lady, tells me to turn off my phone in a rude manner, after the movie I look at her and tell her the movie was on the screen and not near my knee. Afterwards, her 300 pound boyfriend wanting to show off, for some reason, feels it's okay to bump into me, probably thinking I was a dumb teen who woudn't do anything about it, so I get angry and kinda shove him, asking him what's his problem, obviously, since he doesn't wanna go to jail for hitting a kid, just walks away calling me a dirtbag. I know you're not suppose to let people walk over you, but my problem is I get angry too quickly.

I'm quick to throw my fists, I've been in quite a few fights in my life, and when I think about it, it's mostly been me who started them, and I've enjoyed it. I've never fought a friend, or someone I knew, it's usually been someone who gave me or friends attitude. I kinda want to start controlling myself better though in those kind of situations, any tips?

u know i'm not the type of guy who enjoy violence but stupid jocks like you need to get their ass kicked big time. get some education. or continue to act like this and run someday into a super psycho freak that will almost kill you because of your anger management problem.

Blood On The Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Write on HFBoards and starts insulting everybody.....some do it and I'm pretty sure it helps them being more friendly in the outside world....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Write on HFBoards and starts insulting everybody.....some do it and I'm pretty sure it helps them being more friendly in the outside world....
GTFO N00B

Old
08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
GTFO N00B
See what I mean???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
See what I mean???
Anger management at its finest

Old
08-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Especially after I got woken up a week ago getting a text saying a classmate from school died in a car crash, you just never know.
I had an aunt die one day and a good friend of mine die the next. two completely different reasons but you don't know.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:30 AM
One Trick Pony

You're one of those guys who burned the police cars, aren't you?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
DrMailloux

I agree, throw all your anger at this board !

Gainey !
Carbo !
Smolinski !
Carey Price !
Latendresse !
Dandenault !

Ah, im so calm right now !

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Megaforce

I used to be a hothead, mainly when riding my bicycle and feeling threatened by cars I'd frequently yap at them at the next red light. No real fights but a lot of verbal conflict. I stopped riding my bike. Rollerblading was a lot more chill.

I think a lot of it has to do with the body overheating. It seems you're in Florida. Hot places are often more violent than cold places. So keep cool, literally and figuratively.

Eventually I got old, married, got kids, I still yell on occasion, mainly due to the work, but you can often argue and debate loudly without any fight breaking out. You can express your point of view without having to swing fists.

As for the phone in the theatre, you should have simply said to the girl "sorry" and then smiled and closed the darn thing. No point in digging in when you're wrong.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote