HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Why isn't anyone talking about Sakic?

Old
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Darkstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
FYI I don't think he is s Canuck fan

That part wasn't for him. I just like raining on the parade of those Canucks fans still dreaming the dream of Sakic coming "home". Hold on loosely but don't let go Canucks fans.

Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
no offense, then i cant see how you can even argue the point then. it was louder than many of the playoff games ive been to (much more intense) - and ive been to cup finals games against nj, double ot against the stars when drury scored, van, detroit playoffs and regular season games - ive seen them play some biggies. ill repeat i was blown away by what i saw at the nuggets game. people were out of their seats the entire game screaming on every possesion, it was sensory overload and it was a first round game. the whole ticket price thing plays to my side, if the nuggets became a contender people could afford to go. of course the avs have better attendance, theyre a better team. avs attendance is sluggish of late, and not a good flag to wave right now.

dont know how you can highly doubt anything if you dont know much about it.
And I've been here for over 30. Sorry the Nuggets aren't anywhere close to where they used to be during the Thompson-Moe-English era and they died right right before the population explosion. The basketball fanbase has never gotten out of it dormancy for long enough to reestablish itself.

As for crowd noise, who the hell could hear anything over the music at the Pepsi Center blasted at 220 decibels.

But compare how the lower levels of hockey do in comparison to basketball and you'll find your answer. College hockey easily trumps college basketball and the Eagles and Rage have a bigger following than the 14ers.

Oh yeah we have an MLS team...

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh-Vee

From the blog of the Swift Current Broncos play by play guy Jon Keen who apparently had a chance meeting with Joe at the golf course in Swift Current

Quote:
He was interested to find out when Broncos camp opened and what their prospects for this season looked like. Of course, the big question surrounding Joe is whether he's going to play another season in the NHL.

The reporter instinct in me broke into that aspect. Safe to say he's going to likely give it another go. Why not? He's still near the top of his game.

"September 18th"

That was his response when I asked him when he had to report for Avalanche training camp. You don't think he's coming back? Sounds like a sure bet you'll see him for at least another season.
http://jonkeen.blogspot.com/

Having lived in Swift Current and the pleasure of listening to Jon for road games and on the internet since leaving Swifty, I can say that Jon is as good of a source as you need.

Oh-Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
cause Sakic isnt desperate like Sundin is... likewise with TSN and all the other butt-kissing media outlets who have to hype him or theyll lose their audience.
how is Sundin desperate ? Vancouver offered him $20 M. guess Sundin's more valuable than Sakic on the open market.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

OK fine

I have it on good information Alfie who is friends with both Sakic and Sundin has offered them the tempting position of coming to play together in Ottawa for dirt cheap.

Both are willing to come but they are still working out the terms, Sakic is looking for multiple years.

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

This thread is stupid.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Because sakic already has 2 Cups, and the Avs are better than the Leafs, so the chances of Sakic going to another team are virtually nil.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old
08-06-2008, 02:02 AM
evgeni71

Cause Sakic isn't an attention ***** like Sundin.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsstatic View Post
cause sundin > sakic
Your right if were talking the ability to speak Swedish, and i raise you a double

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Atlas

I just wanted to get some clarity about something. So...now...am I right in thinking that Sakic will either be retiring or signing with the Avs?!!!

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 03:07 AM
unknown

also sundin is being linked to teams with some of the largest fan bases in toronto, montreal, vancouver and the rangers. its only natural the media gives the fans what they want. do you think avs fans wanna hear everyweek that sakic is still either going to play in colorado or retire?

unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Darkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Congratulations, you win the special Olympics. Only stupid 10 year olds who are just starting to watch the game think that. It was never mentioned in this topic seriously.
Wow... so defensive. It's like a struck a nerve.

Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
KesseltoLupul

Hedjuk-Sundin-Wolski
Smyth-Statsny-Svatos

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
KesseltoLupul

Vermette-Sundin-Alfredsson
Foligno-Spezza-Heatley
Fisher-Sakic-Kelly
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Phillips-Volchenkov
Meszaros-Smith
Lee-Schubert

Auld
Gerber

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:42 AM
MG91

He is pretty much going to retire or go back to Colorado. He is not going to sign anywhere else.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote