Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Tickets to Ingolstadt

Old
08-05-2008, 09:08 AM
vatali
Life Long Slacker

vCash: 500
Tickets to Ingolstadt

I am coming to Munich, Germany for vacation in december. I was looking at the 21st game for Ingolstadt. How hard is it to get tickets? are they available gameday? can I drive from munich and return to munich on the same day or should I get a hotel in Ingolstadt for a night.

Thanks

vatali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Toni Porkka

Munich - Ingolstadt = 81 km
Even a German fan would drive home...

In December the Panthers play the following games:
27 So, 07.12.2008 18:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt DEG Metro Stars
28 Fr, 12.12.2008 19:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg
30 Fr, 19.12.2008 19:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt Krefeld Pinguine
32 Di, 23.12.2008 19:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt Füchse Duisburg
34 So, 28.12.2008 18:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt Hannover Scorpions

But I do not now anything about the ticket situation there...

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Hey vatali,
what's the date of the game you want to attend? Cause Ingolstadt does not play at home on the 21st of December and according to the league's schedule, the Ingolstadt's 21st game of the season is in November.
Looking at the schedule in December, you should have no problem getting tickets at gameday anyway. Neither Duesseldorf, Wolfsburg, Krefeld, Duisburg nor Hannover are known to draw huge masses of fans to the games, so do not worry about tickets, as Ingolstadt hardly sold out last season.
Concerning the accomodation, you should be able to get back to Munich before midnight (in case you want to attend a game starting at 7:30 pm), if you go by train. If you have a car at hand, it takes about an hour from Ingolstadt to Munich, so I guess accomodation is not necessary unless you want to enjoy some 'Weissbier'.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:34 AM
vatali
Life Long Slacker

I think I was looking at last years schedule. thansk for updating me. I will be in munich and stuttgart from teh 18th to the 25th, so I guess i'll be aiming for the 23rd.

Thanks for the help.

Vat

Old
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Snoil11

Hey vat,
you shouldn't have any problems getting tickets for that game. Duisburg is the least likely team to generate a sell-out. You however should not be surprised to see the venue half-empty at this day.

Old
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
mexicohockey

Go to Augsburg

Vatali,
I am far from being an Augsburg fan, but I'd really recommend you to go to see Augsburg playing Straubing the same night you are intending to travel to Ingolstadt. More interesting game, and nicer settings
The rink at Augsburg is a semi-open venue - pretty cold in winter - with an awesome atmosphere, huge standing sectors, old style german hockey flair at its best.
Augsburg is as easy to reach as Ingolstadt, and during that time of the year you could enjoy a stroll over the Augsburg christmas market which is a perfect warm up for a game the night before christmas eve. Central Station is within walking distance from the rink, so - unless I were an Ingolstadt or Duisburg (or of one of the players involved) - I'd go to Augsburg any day of the week.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
vatali
Life Long Slacker

Where is that in relationship to Munich? I was intrested in ingolstadt because that was the team I followed during the NHL lockout. I am not adverse to going somewhere else to watch a game though. I wasn't planning to be in Ingolstadt other than to watch the game, so changing plans at this point will be fairly easy. I will have a car that whole week, and am used to driving 25-30 miles to and from work each day, so a 45 mile drive to get there isn't a concern for me.

Thanks again group for your help.

Vat

Old
08-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Toni Porkka

Munich - Augsburg 43 miles...

From a cultural point of view Augsburg is the nicer selection, too.

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:23 AM
Snoil11

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&hl=de...1&ie=UTF8&z=10

I affirm mexicohockey's and Toni Porkka's recommendations. Augsburg's stadium is something special and among the last of these sort of hockey venues and a must-see, if you are interested in old-school German hockey flair. Moreover Augsburg vs. Straubing is a Bavarian derby and you can expect lots of visitors from Straubing as well, so the atmosphere will be much better than in Ingolstadt the same night.

Last edited by Snoil11: 08-07-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old
09-13-2008, 12:27 AM
xDerekRx

Vatali,

Im from the US and visited Munich last year like yourself. My friend and I also did the ERC Inglostadt trip (note the avatar!)

Im not saying anything most people here havent said but just thought Id share.

We took a train. No more than 40mins-hour from Munich. Very easy ride. Then you just take a bus to Saturn Arena. Although when the game ended we walked to the station, fine by me

As far as tickets. We went to the final home game of the season against Frankfurt. The Lions brought tons of fans that mobbed the bus from the train we were on. Also Inglostadt had to win the game to make the playoffs. AND their arena is small. So add those 3 things up and know we were able to walk up to the window 1 hour before game time and STILL got good tickets. ( I consider the standing tickets in the corners good) No seat is bad there.

I thought it was a great time, good competitive hockey. Grabbed the cool ERC third jersey with Bellisimo on the back (My friend of course got a Jimmy Waite) Fans are friendly.

As for Augsberg. My friend and I are upset we didnt have time to goto a game there. We saw many pictures of the open air arena. Looked sooo cool. We just ran out of time otherwise we had it planned on our to do list.

Either way Inglostadt is very easy with public transit to get to. And if you were a fan, no reason not to go.

xDerekRx is offline   Reply With Quote