HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Favorite moment from "the classic 08' Brodeur-mortification series"?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
  #151
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Like I said, stop with the nonsense because there is so much Ranger related venom in the threads on the Devil board that it's laughable.

You don't see 1/4 of the bashing of the Devils as you do with the Rangers on your board and that is simply a fact so let's stop pretending.

JR#9* is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
  #152
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Like I said, stop with the nonsense because there is so much Ranger related venom in the threads on the Devil board that it's laughable.

You don't see 1/4 of the bashing of the Devils as you do with the Rangers on your board and that is simply a fact so let's stop pretending.
That may be true...but don't you dare say that I'm a "huge" part of those.

I'm not pretending about anything....

cj225 is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
  #153
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Like I said, stop with the nonsense because there is so much Ranger related venom in the threads on the Devil board that it's laughable.

You don't see 1/4 of the bashing of the Devils as you do with the Rangers on your board and that is simply a fact so let's stop pretending.
Nope. That "1/4" is completey made up and defy you to back it up (but treat it as fact if it makes you feel better). Equal at best and there's nothing wrong with it.

Jersey Fresh is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
  #154
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,283
vCash: 500
why can't we be friends? why can't we be friends?
why can't we be friends? why can't we be friends?

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 04:36 PM
  #155
PromNite
Cloud Strife
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
I have had an infraction for a post i made over there before it was something pathetic like when someone said they wish Gomez had is head taken off, i said you wouldn't catch him and i got a warning, pm'd the mod and aired my views and recieved another infraction.
If what you say is true, then that is outrageous. An infraction for saying that 'you can't catch Gomez?' I've said worse, only when provoked, and have never gotten an infraction.

And how the heck do you get an additional infraction for PM'ing a mod to try to air your views, as long as you are courteous.

I have often said that my most hated team is the Devils, and it is 99% because of HFboards. The pissing matches here are indescribable. I would hate no teams if I had never visited this board, but the 'big dick contest' that happens here every effing day sided me.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
  #156
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
I'll be interested to see what Obama and McCain have to say on this topic. That'll be key in my decision.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
  #157
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
If what you say is true, then that is outrageous. An infraction for saying that 'you can't catch Gomez?' I've said worse, only when provoked, and have never gotten an infraction.

And how the heck do you get an additional infraction for PM'ing a mod to try to air your views, as long as you are courteous.

I have often said that my most hated team is the Devils, and it is 99% because of HFboards. The pissing matches here are indescribable. I would hate no teams if I had never visited this board, but the 'big dick contest' that happens here every effing day sided me.
I apologize for making you hate the Devils.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
  #158
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
People, who really cares about these idiots? Some of the Devils fans are actually respectful and are fun to engage in good debate with, for exmaple daveskirtun seems like a good guy, his posts are always well thought out and reasonable.

But the rest of them, the idiots, let them whine and *****, who cares? Them having to come over here and defend their lousy team and their aging (yet elite) goaltender just shows their insecurity. Things we say often touch a nerve, and people become defensive, but only because they know some of these things are true, or at least have some truth to them. You see far less Ranger fans over on their board because we're not so insecure about our own team.

Rangers are on the way up, Devils are on the way down. When Marty retires, it wouldn't surprise me to see the franchise fold completely. Once they lose that elite goaltending, they'll be cellar-dwellers probably immediately. They don't have a replacement, at least not an adequate one, and they don't have the assets to trade for anyone worth trading for. Their farm system is among the worst in the league, they haven't drafted well in recent years, they've even been forced to try to recreate the past because they can't attract any free agents. So they have to go out and bring back Rolston & Holik, which I personally find hilarious. Shows just how desperate they are.

The Rangers, on the other hand, are on the rise. We're an up-and-coming team, with a solid (albeit not elite) core group of players, and one of the top farm systems in the league. And the most important piece, our franchise goaltender, is locked up for six more years.

The future is bright in New York, not so in Newark. So let these fools have their "fun" bashing the Rangers. They do it because they're jealous. Just like we used to do with them, but now the tables are turned, and now it's our turn.

Turambar is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
  #159
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
why can't we be friends? why can't we be friends?
why can't we be friends? why can't we be friends?
hey, idiot devils fan, pretzel is spelled pretzel, not pretzle!!!!
i hate you, i hate you!!!



i hope everyone realizes i'm joking

DubiDubiDoo is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
  #160
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
hey, idiot devils fan, pretzel is spelled pretzel, not pretzle!!!!
i hate you, i hate you!!!



i hope everyone realizes i'm joking
RaNgErs are teh suucccqq !!!!111!!


I just dont see why we cant have a civilized conversation with each other.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
  #161
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
People, who really cares about these idiots? Some of the Devils fans are actually respectful and are fun to engage in good debate with, for exmaple daveskirtun seems like a good guy, his posts are always well thought out and reasonable.

But the rest of them, the idiots, let them whine and *****, who cares? Them having to come over here and defend their lousy team and their aging (yet elite) goaltender just shows their insecurity. Things we say often touch a nerve, and people become defensive, but only because they know some of these things are true, or at least have some truth to them. You see far less Ranger fans over on their board because we're not so insecure about our own team.

Rangers are on the way up, Devils are on the way down. When Marty retires, it wouldn't surprise me to see the franchise fold completely. Once they lose that elite goaltending, they'll be cellar-dwellers probably immediately. They don't have a replacement, at least not an adequate one, and they don't have the assets to trade for anyone worth trading for. Their farm system is among the worst in the league, they haven't drafted well in recent years, they've even been forced to try to recreate the past because they can't attract any free agents. So they have to go out and bring back Rolston & Holik, which I personally find hilarious. Shows just how desperate they are.

The Rangers, on the other hand, are on the rise. We're an up-and-coming team, with a solid (albeit not elite) core group of players, and one of the top farm systems in the league. And the most important piece, our franchise goaltender, is locked up for six more years.

The future is bright in New York, not so in Newark. So let these fools have their "fun" bashing the Rangers. They do it because they're jealous. Just like we used to do with them, but now the tables are turned, and now it's our turn.
Oh, bravo. Cold up there on that soap box? You're obviously not going to find anything intelligent in a "Marty bashing" thread, so why get upset when you find nothing but bickering? Some of you guys post insightful, thoughtful things on the Devils board, and vice versa. If I were to go into the Ranger lineup thread and post something stupid, like I have in this thread, I could understand your qualms. This thread is meant to act as a fenced-in-area, if you will, for the everlasting Devils-Rangers debate.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
  #162
PromNite
Cloud Strife
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I apologize for making you hate the Devils.
LOL, I've always hated the Devils somewhat... but you are a good poster... guys like Muttley make me hate the Devs a lot more. Also guys like BrooklynDevil who can't spell a player's name outside the Devils organization piss me off. I'm sure I'll get some points for this post.

PromNite is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
  #163
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
People, who really cares about these idiots? Some of the Devils fans are actually respectful and are fun to engage in good debate with, for exmaple daveskirtun seems like a good guy, his posts are always well thought out and reasonable.

But the rest of them, the idiots, let them whine and *****, who cares? Them having to come over here and defend their lousy team and their aging (yet elite) goaltender just shows their insecurity. Things we say often touch a nerve, and people become defensive, but only because they know some of these things are true, or at least have some truth to them. You see far less Ranger fans over on their board because we're not so insecure about our own team.

Rangers are on the way up, Devils are on the way down. When Marty retires, it wouldn't surprise me to see the franchise fold completely. Once they lose that elite goaltending, they'll be cellar-dwellers probably immediately. They don't have a replacement, at least not an adequate one, and they don't have the assets to trade for anyone worth trading for. Their farm system is among the worst in the league, they haven't drafted well in recent years, they've even been forced to try to recreate the past because they can't attract any free agents. So they have to go out and bring back Rolston & Holik, which I personally find hilarious. Shows just how desperate they are.

The Rangers, on the other hand, are on the rise. We're an up-and-coming team, with a solid (albeit not elite) core group of players, and one of the top farm systems in the league. And the most important piece, our franchise goaltender, is locked up for six more years.

The future is bright in New York, not so in Newark. So let these fools have their "fun" bashing the Rangers. They do it because they're jealous. Just like we used to do with them, but now the tables are turned, and now it's our turn.
Yeah, that should get things back on track. Rangers posters don't travel well because there's an entirely different level of enforcement between the two forums. And while there probably is more Ranger content on the Devils board than there was vice versa (actually there was next to none anywhere before this thread got posted),
the flame throwing here can be ridiculous. You don't want to see it, don't go inciting it.

No one was stupid enough to post in my thread because they would have gotten rung up. You don't want to see run-ins of posts and the silly bickering, it's pretty easy to stop. There's a couple of posters with a serious attitude, I mean, read your post. You're not a kid, either. If those posters would chill, gee, I bet this would tone down.

It's not enough to say "gee, the Devils sucked against us and we whipped their ***** six ways to Sunday", you gotta go with garbage like "I bet they'd fold." Yeah, that's some great valuable content there.

guyincognito is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
  #164
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
FYi - I never said that our fanbase was better then yours!
Sorry, CJ. Just came off that way for me. Sorry for misunderstanding your post.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
  #165
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
LOL, I've always hated the Devils somewhat... but you are a good poster... guys like Muttley make me hate the Devs a lot more. Also guys like BrooklynDevil who can't spell a player's name outside the Devils organization piss me off. I'm sure I'll get some points for this post.
You're better off doing what I did and put posters like them on ignore.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
08-09-2008, 03:08 AM
  #166
Ranger35
Zuccarello!
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
To get back on topic, the entire series was awesome. It was terrific to get back to the way things should be, the Rangers beating the Devils in the playoffs, and forget about that anomaly in '06.

Ranger35 is offline  
Old
08-09-2008, 07:34 AM
  #167
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Closed pending moderator review of board policies on the topic of NJD.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.