HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Advice on golf courses in your area....

Old
07-27-2008, 02:59 AM
HugginThePost

vCash: 500
OT: Advice on golf courses in your area....

I was hoping that you might be able to help a guy out with regards to the golf scene in Denver. Me and a buddy are heading down from Calgary, yah yah I know, to catch the pre-season Denver vs. Green Bay game.

While I am a Flames fan, the Broncos have always been my favorite NFL team!! It's our first time to both Denver and an NFL game so we are very excited about the trip.

We are hoping to squeeze in 3 or 4 rounds of golf while down there and I was hoping you might be able to recommend the "must golf" courses in the area. Not so much concerned with cost, just want to come away with a great golfing experience.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to throw my way.

HugginThePost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 08:27 AM
shorn89

Arrowhead golf course is a must play. The front nine looks like every other course. The back nine is unreal. It has been a while since I checked but at one time it was ranked in the top 20 courses by Golf Digest

shorn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 10:15 AM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Fossil Trace in Golden

ESPN.com awarded it the #1 course in Denver in both '07 and '08

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
quesosauce

Castle Pines, its 30mins south of denver, but they used to have an annual pga tour event there (sprint international please correct me if im wrong)

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
HugginThePost

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorn89 View Post
Arrowhead golf course is a must play. The front nine looks like every other course. The back nine is unreal. It has been a while since I checked but at one time it was ranked in the top 20 courses by Golf Digest
Thank you for this....looks great. Got the tee time set already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
Fossil Trace in Golden

ESPN.com awarded it the #1 course in Denver in both '07 and '08
Another fine looking course that we will be sure to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
Castle Pines, its 30mins south of denver, but they used to have an annual pga tour event there (sprint international please correct me if im wrong)
You're right this does look to be the cat's pajama's, unfortunately it's private. I suppose I could look at becoming a member.....I'm sure it's about as cheap as golf memeberships in Calgary!!

Thanks for your help guy's.........it's very well recieved.

Old
07-28-2008, 01:05 AM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSeaCrude View Post

You're right this does look to be the cat's pajama's, unfortunately it's private. I suppose I could look at becoming a member.....I'm sure it's about as cheap as golf memeberships in Calgary!!
... well, if you're interested, membership is by invitation only, so I hope you know somebody. Initiation is $150,000, and monthly dues are $1,200. Have fun!

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

I think this place is restricted Wang. Don't tell them you're Jewish.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 06:24 AM
HugginThePost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
... well, if you're interested, membership is by invitation only, so I hope you know somebody. Initiation is $150,000, and monthly dues are $1,200. Have fun!
I was attempting sarcasm...........

The prices are in line with some of Calgary's top courses. The funny thing is, there is a waiting list for them!!

A course I frequent, semi-private, was selling memberships two years ago for 18 grand. Today they are getting 48 grand plus 600 a month dues. We are talking about an average course here!! I guess we have the same issues as you.......lots of people want to golf in a city with a short season.

I work in Dubai, UAE..............just golfed at the Emrates Golf Club course the other day for sixty bucks - now that's value!! They hold the European PGA events there. The carts are air conditioned as well - it was 126 degrees here the other day........

Old
07-28-2008, 08:56 AM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSeaCrude View Post
I was attempting sarcasm...................
I know, that's why I put those little winkies in there.

I think it's actually "easier" to get in there, now, after the International left. They used to only have something like 200 members, very few of whom actually lived in Colorado. But they had to increase it.

The most expensive one here is Maroon Creek, in Aspen ($350K). It's also by invite only. But most places around here don't have waiting lists anymore, that's for sure. Just a very few.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 11:55 AM
tgarrett29

Take a peek at Bear Dance GC ... it's about 20 min south of Castle Pines and is a really nice course

tgarrett29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 12:37 AM
HugginThePost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarrett29 View Post
Take a peek at Bear Dance GC ... it's about 20 min south of Castle Pines and is a really nice course
Thank you for that.........booked a tee time already. The course looks amazing. It would appear that the scenery is very close to Calgary and the surrounding area. I suppose that would only make sence considering we both like in the Rockies.

Thanks again guys for the help............

All the best in 08 - 09.....it can't come soon enough.

Old
07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Joey13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarrett29 View Post
I just played Bear Dance and it wsa great. Not to far from there is The Ridge at Castle Pines North which is similar and very nice as well:
http://www.theridgecpn.com/index.php

I see you've got Arrowhead and Fossil Trace, definitely two musts. Enjoy your trip!

Joey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
bleedgreen

unrelated to the original post, as i doubt this would fit in the plans, but there is a course in the mountains call lakota canyon, or ridge in glenwood springs. its a pretty amazing mountain course with a ton of elevated tees, and a ton of my balls donated to the wildlife. to anyone heading out that way i really recommend it, not too pricey either.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Sinuuin

If you where up to going to colorado springs you could play at the Broadmoor they just finished the U.S. Senior Open a few days ago. I hear it's a nice course, never played it myself though.

Sinuuin is offline   Reply With Quote