HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Toni Ritter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
  #1
BornReady
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Toni Ritter

Anyone know if he is coming to NA to play in the CHL ?

Some people thought he might be a late rounder in the draft, maybe coming to NA will help his position for next year ?

Heard he is a good big winger, any more info (other then stats ?)

BornReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 06:22 AM
  #2
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,300
vCash: 500
It's not certain yet what he'll be doing this upcoming season for sure, but he is currently training with the DEL team.

The DEL camps opened last week. Test games are already being played.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 01:59 PM
  #3
mexicohockey
Registered User
 
mexicohockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DF
Country: Mexico
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
After his strong campaign with the Montreal Juniors, would you consider it likely that he will get some love at this years NHL draft?

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 09:12 AM
  #4
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
After his strong campaign with the Montreal Juniors, would you consider it likely that he will get some love at this years NHL draft?
He's technically not ranked for this summer's draft and there are 6 Germans among the top 200 ranked Europeans.

I have not seen if he's listed in the North American ranks.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
  #5
mexicohockey
Registered User
 
mexicohockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DF
Country: Mexico
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
He's technically not ranked for this summer's draft and there are 6 Germans among the top 200 ranked Europeans.

I have not seen if he's listed in the North American ranks.
No, he isn't. But I consider him right now among top three german skaters eligible for this year's draft. And he is already in NA and has proven that he can produce. THN had him on their hot list twice since december.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
  #6
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
And he is already in NA
he was.

he signed with mannheim (DEL) and will likely play in heilbronn (2nd-tier).

i think that hurts his draft chances. and it hurts his development, but that's another story.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
  #7
mexicohockey
Registered User
 
mexicohockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DF
Country: Mexico
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
he was.

he signed with mannheim (DEL) and will likely play in heilbronn (2nd-tier).

i think that hurts his draft chances. and it hurts his development, but that's another story.
If that's the case his chances drop significantly. I had him earmarked as a dark horse for the later rounds.
And his development...sigh....could be a nice fit for the German national team one day, wouldn't have to develop that much anyway...
I don't know what made him make the decision, but there could be worse scenarios than playing and living in Montreal, a full junior career is imo so much better than being tossed around in the Adler system.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 03:59 AM
  #8
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
If that's the case his chances drop significantly. I had him earmarked as a dark horse for the later rounds.
And his development...sigh....could be a nice fit for the German national team one day, wouldn't have to develop that much anyway...
I don't know what made him make the decision, but there could be worse scenarios than playing and living in Montreal, a full junior career is imo so much better than being tossed around in the Adler system.
i think while having some great skills his skating needs a tremendous boost in order to be an effective player. and he won't learn skating in germany. that was the biggest reason i liked him over in the Q.
and even to become a national team player he has a long road ahead. the adler system rarely make you a national team player simply because you get no DEL ice-time. mannheim has the best youth program, by far, but once the players are 18/19 they should move on to teams where they get ice-time. in mannheim they won't get any chance.
playing in heilbronn can't be the solution for ritter.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
  #9
mexicohockey
Registered User
 
mexicohockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DF
Country: Mexico
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
he was.

he signed with mannheim (DEL) and will likely play in heilbronn (2nd-tier).

i think that hurts his draft chances. and it hurts his development, but that's another story.
http://www.sportsjuniors.com/?p=7154

Appears that he will return to the Juniors. Better choice than the Bundesliga IMHO

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:22 AM
  #10
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
http://www.sportsjuniors.com/?p=7154

Appears that he will return to the Juniors. Better choice than the Bundesliga IMHO
Good choice for him....

Maybe he'll have a good year?

A spot in the DEL, II. Bundesliga or whatever is acting as a type of Oberliga will almost always be there waiting for him if he decides to return.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.