HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Short Hansen interview

Old
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Jake

vCash: 500
Short Hansen interview

Danish online news source, Sporten.dk, has an interview with Jannik Hansen today.

Short version:

"I want to prove that I deserve a spot on the NHL team - the next couple of weeks consists of hard physical training on the ice and with the weights in Manitoba Moose, to get ready for the camp in Vancouver in September."

The article then goes on to explain that he's been practicing daily with Mads and Mikkel Bødker (Drafted 8th overall, Phoenix) in Rødovre, Denmark, this summer.

"I were expecting more games last season, but were injured twice and missed two and a half month. It's said that the next season is always the most important, but there's an additional pressure on me now that I'm on the last year of my contract."

Another Danish forward, Frans Nielsen, recently signed a three year one way contract with Islanders.

Source: http://www.sporten.dk/jannik-vil-vaere-fast-mand-i-nhl

Last edited by Jake: 08-07-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Ajackalit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Danish online news source, Sporten.dk, has an interview with Jannik Hansen today.

Short version:

"I want to prove that I deserve a spot on the NHL team - the next couple of weeks consists of hard physical training on the ice and with the weights in Manitoba Moose, to get ready for the camp in Vancouver in September."

The article then goes on to explain that he's been practicing daily with Mads and Mikkel Bødker (Drafted 8th overall, Phoenix) in Rødovre, Denmark, this summer.

"I were expecting more games last season, but were injured twice and missed two and a half month. It's said that the next season is always the most important, but there's an additional pressure on me now that I'm on the last year of my contract."

Another Danish forward, Frans Nielsen, recently signed a three year one way contract with Islanders.

Source: http://www.sporten.dk/jannik-vil-vaere-fast-mand-i-nhl
thanks for the update Jake, it's much appreciated!

Ajackalit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Kmaz

Thanks indeed. There is alot of hope for Hansen to make next years roster. Hopefully he suprises and not only makes the team, but secures a top-6 role.....hopefully!

Kmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmaz View Post
Thanks indeed. There is alot of hope for Hansen to make next years roster. Hopefully he suprises and not only makes the team, but secures a top-6 role.....hopefully!
It seems that a lot of posters think that Hansen may have the skills to make the team, but that there may not be any spots left. Would you agree on that?

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
It seems that a lot of posters think that Hansen may have the skills to make the team, but that there may not be any spots left. Would you agree on that?
I think he has the skills to play with Kesler and Burrows on the third line. Problem is, there are way too many pluggers on this team. If he does better than them in camp though, I don't see why AV wouldn't put him on the team.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Jake

Happy to feed some news your way. With no regular NHL spot, the Vancouver media is not as interested in him as the Danish media is. (and even that is pretty paltry, unfortunately).

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Kmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I think he has the skills to play with Kesler and Burrows on the third line. Problem is, there are way too many pluggers on this team. If he does better than them in camp though, I don't see why AV wouldn't put him on the team.
Absolutley. That should be the line he is aiming for. A fast, defensive/counter offensive line could do very well at creating havok for opposing teams. I seem to recall Hansen finding some chemistry with Mo a few years ago, but that isn't a concen now. However, I think he had some good, crisp passes and a solid wrist shot to the high blocker of Turco (easily could've gone in against a lesser goalie (atleast sharpness) than Turco. He and Kesler could provide some deadly rush plays.

Old
08-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Zorbane

Quote:
Absolutley. That should be the line he is aiming for. A fast, defensive/counter offensive line could do very well at creating havok for opposing teams. I seem to recall Hansen finding some chemistry with Mo a few years ago, but that isn't a concen now. However, I think he had some good, crisp passes and a solid wrist shot to the high blocker of Turco (easily could've gone in against a lesser goalie (atleast sharpness) than Turco. He and Kesler could provide some deadly rush plays.
Also with Kesler and Burrows on his line he can brush up on his trash talking

Zorbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
And Burrows can be the finisher on that line...hahaha.

Old
08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Kmaz

Quote:
And Burrows can be the finisher on that line...hahaha.
Gotta bring back the paint.... the new*WARNING:this plan isn't new* gameplan.

There's even some triangle action it there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BurrtheBomb.JPG‎ (22.6 KB, 119 views)

Old
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Zorbane

Did Burrows just destroy the goalie?

Zorbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbane View Post
Did Burrows just destroy the goalie?

hahaha...i was going to ask the same thing.

Old
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
zepps

Quote:
Gotta bring back the paint.... the new*WARNING:this plan isn't new* gameplan.

There's even some triangle action it there.

Thanks. That made my day. Also, thanks for the the article. Like most others, I have soft spot for Hansen. It's unfortunate that we'll never see Bulis and Hansen on the same line again.

Why isn't it hockey season yet?

zepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Shareefruck

Every time Hansen's played with Kesler and Burrows in the preseason, they've absolutely dominated. I seem to remember a game where they each had 3 points or something.

Hansen deserves a legitimate look this year every bit as much as Raymond got last year.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
tantalum

I'm sure Gillis and AV would love nothing better than for Hansen and Brown to shine in camp. Having younger players come in and be able to play an NHL role allows him to move Pyatt and Pettinger and maybe save some cap money to make further moves.

The key is that there is going to be honest to goodness competition for the bottom 6 and extra forward spot. In that group Kesler, BUrrows, Johnson, and Hordichuk are likely safe and will be canucks for the season.

BUt after that you have Hansen, Brown, Krog, Shannon, Pyatt, Pettinger, Cowan, Rypien, Jaffray, maybe Wellwood, Raymond, GRbaner depending on the state of the second line when camp rolls around all looking for one of those 4 spots.

And no I don't think Pyatt or Pettinger are shoe ins to be in the opening day lineup. They are going to get pushed hard and their roster spots could be up for grabs.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
I'm sure Gillis and AV would love nothing better than for Hansen and Brown to shine in camp. Having younger players come in and be able to play an NHL role allows him to move Pyatt and Pettinger and maybe save some cap money to make further moves.

The key is that there is going to be honest to goodness competition for the bottom 6 and extra forward spot. In that group Kesler, BUrrows, Johnson, and Hordichuk are likely safe and will be canucks for the season.

BUt after that you have Hansen, Brown, Krog, Shannon, Pyatt, Pettinger, Cowan, Rypien, Jaffray, maybe Wellwood, Raymond, GRbaner depending on the state of the second line when camp rolls around all looking for one of those 4 spots.

And no I don't think Pyatt or Pettinger are shoe ins to be in the opening day lineup. They are going to get pushed hard and their roster spots could be up for grabs.
I highly doubt Pyatt's job is in jeopardy, unless you mean he could be traded. Pettinger could be another story, as he hasn't proven much with this team yet.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk View Post
I highly doubt Pyatt's job is in jeopardy, unless you mean he could be traded. Pettinger could be another story, as he hasn't proven much with this team yet.
That's exactly what I mean. I don't mean to suggest Pyatt will be playing in the minors but rather that he is going to have to fight for icetime on this team and that he could lose that fight when everything is taken into account (i.e. who is pushing him, that Pyatt may have some trade value etc).

Old
08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
tantalum

Quote:
That's exactly what I mean. I don't mean to suggest Pyatt will be playing in the minors but rather that he is going to have to fight for icetime on this team and that he could lose that fight when everything is taken into account (i.e. who is pushing him, that Pyatt may have some trade value etc).

Old
08-07-2008, 11:04 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
Hansen should get a long hard look at the #3/#4 wing spot. Top 2 lines is extremely unlikely, I'd be surprised if he ever makes it as a scoring winger. If he out plays Pettinger/Pyatt it frees one of them up for a trade and lowers our cap hit which is nice. He's still got to earn the spot though.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Huh? Pettinger was one of our decent players down the strech. I think he scored 4 goals or something down that strech as well

Old
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

I hope Hansen does well. I'm half danish and it would be nice to see these kids succeed.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Vector

Quote:
Huh? Pettinger was one of our decent players down the strech. I think he scored 4 goals or something down that strech as well
This is what bugs me. People seem to forget how good Pettinger was. He was working his ass off, stood up for his teammates, and scored some goals.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:30 AM
hackey
Oh Did I Offend You

There's too many NHL caliber players and salaries ahead of Hansen for him to
play on the nucks this year

No room on the top 6 with
Bernier, Wellwood and Raymond

and he's not good enough

No room on the bottom 6
Pettinger
Pyatt
Burrows
Hordichuk
Johnson
Kesler

So unless there's a rash of injuries or they trade someone for his benefit
which is doubtful... its the Moose for him this year.

Don't forget he was the 287th player pick out of 291 players in the
2004 draft. 296 players were picked before him for a reason. The nucks
picked him in the 9th round because... well they had to pick someone

But give him credit... he is beating the odds... at least played a few NHL games a
couple years ago

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Team could always roll with a 23 man roster.

maybe something like

Burrows Kesler Pyatt
Petinger Johnson Hordichuk
Hansen Brown

with Cowan, Krog , Shannon and Wellwood down in Manitoba. There might be some teams Hordichuk wouldn't be dressed against.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 02:47 AM
endlessdream83

It wouldn't surprise me to see Hansen make the team, and either alternate with Hordichuk or force Pettinger down to the 4th line where HE would alternate with Hordichuk. I think Mike Brown is a real long shot to make it at this point, as Burrows is a better pest/grinder and Hordichuk is a better fighter. Mind you, if either of them gets hurt at all this season, Brown will be the first one to come up!

endlessdream83 is offline   Reply With Quote