HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - HF Fantasy Football

Old
09-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Teddy Peckman

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Hop on the Gus bus, Furrotte is in, T-Jack is out in Minnesota. lol

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Guess what 3-1 is? Not as good as the G-MEN. Tony Romo, chokes again.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
rprice92

ya only cuz the giants had a bye week who knows what could have happened, denver lost too... and i guess we can say the bills and titans are better than the giants.. don't hate the best team in the nfl when they lose by 2 points to the red skins.. i can't wait to see the giants get lit up twice again this years by the best team and america/the worlds team this year

rprice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice92 View Post
ya only cuz the giants had a bye week who knows what could have happened, denver lost too... and i guess we can say the bills and titans are better than the giants.. don't hate the best team in the nfl when they lose by 2 points to the red skins.. i can't wait to see the giants get lit up twice again this years by the best team and america/the worlds team this year
You know what I know, the Giants Owned the Redskins, and beat them.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:24 AM
rprice92

that's nice... all great teams suffer a few losses on their way to greatness... look at your giants last year... although the only reason i cheered for them in the super last year was because i didn't want the pats to go completely undefeated... but anyways Dallas is winning the super bowl this year

Old
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
that's nice... all great teams suffer a few losses on their way to greatness... look at your giants last year... although the only reason i cheered for them in the super last year was because i didn't want the pats to go completely undefeated... but anyways Dallas is winning the super bowl this year
They aren't, because Tony Romo doesn't win in the playoffs.

And for the record if you're a "great team" you don't lose to weaker teams like the Skins.

Old
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You know what I know, the Giants Owned the Redskins, and beat them.
Redskins look way better now then they were in week 1. We will find out how good the Giants are or aren't in the coming weeks when they actually play some good teams. And I don't count the Redskins from week 1 a good team, because they were all out of sink with there new west cost offence which they are using this year. My hat is definetly off to the Redskins they were definetly the better team yesterday.

Starscream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Redskins look way better now then they were in week 1. We will find out how good the Giants are or aren't in the coming weeks when they actually play some good teams. And I don't count the Redskins from week 1 a good team, because they were all out of sink with there new west cost offence which they are using this year. My hat is definetly off to the Redskins they were definetly the better team yesterday.
We'll have to see, but right now they are 3 and 0.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
rprice92

so what about the giants last year losing to dallas in the reg. season? and last i recall, lil b**ch eli didn' win any playoff games til last year so...

Old
09-29-2008, 11:49 AM
BleedOil83

Quote:
so what about the giants last year losing to dallas in the reg. season? and last i recall, lil b**ch eli didn' win any playoff games til last year so...
..Until he defied history in the making (and the impossible) and won a Super Bowl.

But that doesn't count for anything. Go Pats!

BleedOil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
That's true, but then he won 3, all on the road, beat the, then, undefeated Patroits and won the Superbowl and Superbowl MVP.

Romo still hasn't won in the Playoffs, and Eli is a Superbowl MVP. That's what my score card reads.

Props to the Titans and Bills as well, 4-0. The Titan's defense is sick.

Old
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
jsho

The Redskins almost look like a completely different team when compared to Week 1. Their offence looked lost that week and Campbell almost looked lost out there, but now its almost a 180. Im looking forward to the next game when they play the Giants. But aside from the Redskins, the Giants start off the season pretty easy. The Rams, and Bengals they just got by? The next 3 weeks should be a breeze for them as well.

Theres been so many suprises this season so far though. Who would have thought the undefeated teams would be there. That and many of the favorites have gotten off to mediocre starts. I know my team sure has gone through a rough time, but I still have faith.

Go Pats.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 12:37 PM
rprice92

Quote:
That's true, but then he won 3, all on the road, beat the, then, undefeated Patroits and won the Superbowl and Superbowl MVP.

Romo still hasn't won in the Playoffs, and Eli is a Superbowl MVP. That's what my score card reads.

Props to the Titans and Bills as well, 4-0. The Titan's defense is sick.
and romo has played what? 2 playoff games so far? eli had what? 2 or 3 before he finally won? so ya you're basing it on a terrible argument there

Old
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
and romo has played what? 2 playoff games so far? eli had what? 2 or 3 before he finally won? so ya you're basing it on a terrible argument there
You'd be right, if they hadn't played head to head.

Dallas is a good team and Romo is a decent QB, but he's got to step up in the big time.

Old
09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
jsho

Quote:
You'd be right, if they hadn't played head to head.

Dallas is a good team and Romo is a decent QB, but he's got to step up in the big time.
Manning has his ring but if you compare seasons so far, Romo is owning Eli in almost every catagory (even with this arguement, Brees is hands down the best QB in the NFC right now though). Season end it will be the same and the Cowboys will own the better record. Giants havnt and wont face a decent team till Week 8, then Week 9 you can enjoy the game youve been debating over.

Old
10-05-2008, 01:13 PM
BleedOil83

How in the hell is the PHI/WAS game not televised, yet I have 10 different feeds with SEA/NYG? And let's not forget the two barn burners in IND/HOU and SD/MIA. Network TV rocks.

Stupid early Seahawks game.

Old
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM
hfboardsuser

My team:

QB- Romo
WR- Johnson
WR- Jennings
WR- Marshall
RB- Peterson
RB- Turner
TE- Cooley
BN- Graham
BN- Lewis
BN- Burress
BN- Addai
BN- Coles
BN- Chambers

K- Bironas

Def- Chicago

Cooley is actually doing something besides showing his **** everywhere.

And GO BEARS.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

And the best team in the NFC still is? The G-Men. Hey, I was wondering, did anyone see where the Seattle Seahawks were this Sunday. I mean I saw the Giants playing a team in white, but there's not why that was the Seahawks, that had to be the Argos or Rams or somethings.

David Carr threw for a TD, that's all you need to know. 4-0 and dominating. Congrats to Titan's fans 5-0, props.

Old
10-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
And the best team in the NFC still is? The G-Men. Hey, I was wondering, did anyone see where the Seattle Seahawks were this Sunday. I mean I saw the Giants playing a team in white, but there's not why that was the Seahawks, that had to be the Argos or Rams or somethings.

David Carr threw for a TD, that's all you need to know. 4-0 and dominating. Congrats to Titan's fans 5-0, props.
Without their prima donna WR, to boot. The Titans are winning squeakers, but the Giants are devastating.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
Without their prima donna WR, to boot. The Titans are winning squeakers, but the Giants are devastating.
To be honest, I was a bit worried about Burress being suspended, after the first drive, my fears were gone. Manning shredded the Seahawks, that was ridiculous.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
I wouldnt quite say that about Tennesse. Aside from Week 1 and yesturday, their point spread has been 17, 19, and 13. The 2 games that were close however were against teams that were actually good, Jacksonville and Baltimore. They have a bye then KC. They will 6-0, but Week 8 I think is when they go to 6-1 when they face the Colts.

They Giants have 2 easy weeks coming up against Clevland and San Fran. But efter that its Pittsburgh, Dallas then Philly. They wont be unbeaten after those 3. Week 13 against the Redskins is the game that im sure everyone will be waiting for however. Washington is a much better team than they were in Week 1.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Miami is going to get burned sooner or later with this cheese offense.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
BleedOil83

This is the most bizzare season in recent memory. I guarantee you a team like Miami or Atlanta wins the SB.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I wouldnt quite say that about Tennesse. Aside from Week 1 and yesturday, their point spread has been 17, 19, and 13. The 2 games that were close however were against teams that were actually good, Jacksonville and Baltimore. They have a bye then KC. They will 6-0, but Week 8 I think is when they go to 6-1 when they face the Colts.

They Giants have 2 easy weeks coming up against Clevland and San Fran. But efter that its Pittsburgh, Dallas then Philly. They wont be unbeaten after those 3. Week 13 against the Redskins is the game that im sure everyone will be waiting for however. Washington is a much better team than they were in Week 1.
No, you think they won't.

Pit can't protect the passer, and the Giants have a great pass rush.
Dal is Dal, Romo is small in big games.
Philly isn't that strong.

The rematch with the Skins should be interesting.

I'm not saying the Giants are going to remain unbeaten all season, but lets not be so hasty to hand them a loss.

Old
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
jsho

Quote:
No, you think they won't.

Pit can't protect the passer, and the Giants have a great pass rush.
Dal is Dal, Romo is small in big games.
Philly isn't that strong.

The rematch with the Skins should be interesting.

I'm not saying the Giants are going to remain unbeaten all season, but lets not be so hasty to hand them a loss.
Well to be 9-0 after all those games will be very tough to do and wont see that happening. It is true the Pittsburgh O-line has been brutal, but Ben did manage a great first half and winning drive to get it done yesturday. Pittsburgh also has a great secondary and thats winn NY tore apart yestuday against Seattle. Dallas will be motivated to win after last years playoffs. Philly is questionable. Depends on Westbrooks health really, but Philly has kinda tailspun the last 3 weeks.

Im just saying really that I cant see them being 3-0 in those games. They have had had a very easy schedule so far. Washinton wasnt the same team Week 1 and Sea, StL, and Cin are a combined 1-12. These will be tough games. Plus I dont wanna see a 16-0 team. Theres only 1 team that gets to have that, lol.