HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 is NOT Montreal Canadiens' 100th season!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
  #251
Rocket Jr.
 
Rocket Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
'With a successful 2007-08 behind us, we are now looking ahead to the 100th season in Canadiens history' - Ray Lalonde, page 2 of vol 22.7 of the Canadiens Magazine.
Ray is right on ! We are looking ahead at the 100th season in Canadien history. Regardless of the NHL, the Canadiens have been around for 99 seasons, years, winters or whatever, it will be the 100th time that the Canadiens go from one 4th of dec to another and that can't change.

Like stated too many times, Canadiens will be 99 on 4 dec 2008 and 100 on 4 dec 2009, anything between that is their 100th season, the centennial.

Rocket Jr. is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
  #252
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Daniel, I'm not sure exactly what is the nature of your argument here. Is the problem simply that the media are saying "the 100th season" instead of "the 100th year of existence"? If it's just that, then I understand - I personally don't see why anyone should care about such a semantic issue, but I admit you're right.

But if you don't agree about the basic fact that 2008-2009 season is the last full season before the anniversary of the habs franchise in fall 2009 (and the beginning of its 101th year as a franchise), then I simply don't understand your logic.
Goldthorpe, I can appreciate your question, because the thread is becoming quite long to read.

Yes, the media, the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens organisation is calling it the 100the season. That's the source of the confusion.

In the latest CANADIENS magazine, the chief editor is refering to the upcoming season as the 100th.

A rep from the NHL wrote me that it's the 100th, but never wanted to tell me that it's the NHL's 92nd. They wrote it's the 91st, last year they wrote it was the 90th, the year before they wrote it was the 89th.

In order to say that it's Montreal's 100th, they have to count the lock-out year, but the league hasn't been counting it for the last few years. Maybe they are making a mistake.

Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
  #253
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
Yer joking I hope?

At the end of the 100th season?

The 2009-2010 season will end in December 2009?

And if you think it's the 100th season, that's fine, but there are proofs out there that it's not the 100th. That's all I reported.

Oh, maybe I wrote those lines in Wikipedia and I'm a secret NHL.COM contributor or maybe I stole Dan Rosen's password and wrote articles under his name.
My definition of the canadiens is the whole damn organization....not just the players. This organization was created in december 1909. When you use real earth math with real earth time at the end of this season you get 100 seasons of existence.
In history books you will get Canadiens 1909-2009 and NOT 1909-2004 2005-2010. In my books Bob Gainey part of the organization and he didnt spend the lockout season on vacation. He worked for and recieved pay from the Montreal Canadiens. This team is going to be 100 years old no matter how much tin foil you put arround your head. When you celebrate your 10th birthday you have already lived 10 years and you are starting your 11th year.

1909-1910----season=1----age=0
2008-2009----season=100----age=99

We are living the 100th season. it's the 100th time the GM makes plan for the season. It's the 100th season someone is getting paid by Le Club De Hockey Canadiens.

Le Club de Hockey Canadiens could drop hockey today and start a football team and they would still be celebrating their 100th season.

znk is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
  #254
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
aren't you the guy that sued Warner Brothers for false advertising after watching the Never-Ending Story and being vexed the film was only 94 minutes?
Wasn't it 99 minutes?

Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
  #255
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
My definition of the canadiens is the whole damn organization....not just the players. This organization was created in december 1909. When you use real earth math with real earth time at the end of this season you get 100 seasons of existence.
In history books you will get Canadiens 1909-present and NOT 1909-2004 2005-present. In my books Bob Gainey part of the organization and he didnt spend the lockout season on vacation. He worked for and recieved pay from the Montreal Canadiens. This team is going to be 100 years old no matter how much tin foil you put arround your head.

1909-1910----season=1----age=0
2008-2009----season=100----age=99

We are living the 100th season. it's the 100th time the GM makes plan for the season. It's the 100th season someone is getting paid by Le Club De Hockey Canadiens.

Le Club de Hockey Canadiens could drop hockey today and start a football team and they would still be celebrating their 100th season.

Check mate

 
Old
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
  #256
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 11,774
vCash: 500
The power of semantics... I love it.

Stop saying "100 seasons". You're confusing yourself, DB.

My take is that the Canadiens are starting celebrations this season, leading to December 2009 and celebrate their 100th anniversary. We are hosting the All Star Game and the draft after the 08-09 season since the anniversary is in 2009. The number of seasons is NOT important; the foundation date is.

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
  #257
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
My goodness, 11,000 posts..

Yep, there must be a reason why they call it their 100th season.

But the thing is that is important, they will not start the celebrations this season because of the upcoming centenial year or the upcoming 100th birthday; they are celebrating their 100th season.

The latest Canadiens magazine is clear as day that they will do that. On page 2, the chief editor, Ray Lalonde is refering to the upcoming season as the 100th.

'With a successful 2007-08 behind us, we are now looking ahead to the 100th season in Canadiens history' - Ray Lalonde, page 2 of vol 22.7 of the Canadiens Magazine.

Maybe that's why they got the All-star game, the NHL draft, not because it's a centennial year. Maybe not.

Listen up Bo-diddly, first off, the league didn't give the Habs the all-star game and the draft because it's their 100th season, they did it because 2009 will mark their 100th year as a franchise. Is it any coincidence that the league gave them the all-star in 2009, not 2008, not 2010, but 2009, same with the draft. Now follow me if you will (crossing my fingers BIG TIME), the league couldn't have given them in 2008 nor 2010 because that wouldn't be in the centennial year.

Also, since the all-star and draft we are gonna get are consequently events in the 2008-2009 season, it is quite normal that they start the celebrations at the beginning of that season, don't you agree, especially since formally, whereas the team has not played 99 seasons yet to this day, the Habs organization will be celebrating a 100th season in 08-09 as they were active as organization in the pre-season before the lockout and after the lockout, employees were cut down, but daily management of the organization kept going in the lockout.

For them, it pretty well seems like the 100th time around. Getting my drift? I know it's hard to not put everything in the perspective of your own little self as you haven't seen the team play in that season, but to the organization, it was one more year/season that went by, because they were there, working.

Now since almost every event that will occure in the centennial year, including the 2009 all-stars, the 2009 playoffs and the 2009 draft are all part of the 2008-2009 season, don't you think it was logical for them to celebrate it from the start of that season? Instead of having the all-stars in 2010, the draft in 2010, the playoffs in 2010 as part of the 101 first anniversary, so that the start of that season coincides with about THREE months of the centennial year, which will end on dec 4th 2009????? All that to please some nitwits who get their panties in a bunch because of a technicality that most just don't care about????

Are you starting to see the ridiculousness of your whole crusade??

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
  #258
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
you're insinuating that a season only includes the hockey games played. That's not true. It's not seasons of play. It's seasons of operation.
That's YOUR understanding of it.

In accounting, there's no such thing of 'season of operation'. It's a year of operation, it has an annual report. Ins and Outs.

Nobody is making a mistake on the number of years of operations of the club. They will be 99 soon, 100 next year. But we are starting to celebrate when they are 98. Doh.

A season is, according to Webster:

The schedule of official games played or to be played by a sports team during a playing season

It has nothing to do with year, operations of a league/team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I'm not advocating moving the celebration - in fact, I pointed out I didn't understand why someone would care about something like this.

I'm just trying to understand what precisely is his objection. If he simply wants to lobby the media so that they say "100th year of existence" instead of "100th season", it's still a pedant point but at least it's true. If he feels like wasting time on this then he can be my guess.

But if he really claims that the 2008-2009 season is not the 100th "year" of existence (a year finishing in fall 2009) then he's factually wrong.
Yep, the 100th year will start on December 4 2008 and end on the same date in 2009.

Nobody is making a mistake on that.

I simply found confusing information about the so called 100th season, some say it is, some say it isn't. Not me, but journalists, information online, information provided by the NHL themselves.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-13-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
  #259
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
That's YOUR understanding of it.

In accounting, there's no such thing of 'season of operation'. It's a year of operation, it has an annual report. Ins and Outs.

Nobody is making a mistake on the number of years of operations of the club. They will be 99 soon, 100 next year. But we are starting to celebrate when they are 98. Doh.

A season is, according to Webster:

The schedule of official games played or to be played by a sports team during a playing season

It has nothing to do with year, operations of a league/team.
So what did the accountants do with Le Club De Hockey Canadiens durring the lockout? please enlighten me.


And from December this year to the end of the season what year of the team's existence will this be?

znk is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
  #260
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
Goldthorpe, I can appreciate your question, because the thread is becoming quite long to read.

Yes, the media, the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens organisation is calling it the 100the season. That's the source of the confusion.

In the latest CANADIENS magazine, the chief editor is refering to the upcoming season as the 100th.

A rep from the NHL wrote me that it's the 100th, but never wanted to tell me that it's the NHL's 92nd. They wrote it's the 91st, last year they wrote it was the 90th, the year before they wrote it was the 89th.

In order to say that it's Montreal's 100th, they have to count the lock-out year, but the league hasn't been counting it for the last few years. Maybe they are making a mistake.


Maybe because the league isn't the Habs, maybe you should understand that the Habs had a financial year for that season, that the management had to pay players and that FOR THEM, NOT THE LEAGUE, it is their 100th season as a franchise. And to them, it is only a technicality that doesn't mean much because everything about those celebrations is related to their 100th year of existence as a franchise, their 100th year since their foundation, so every event was to coincide with the 100th year, which is 2009... like I said in my previous post.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:01 PM
  #261
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
So what did the accountants do with Le Club De Hockey Canadiens durring the lockout? please enlighten me.


And from December this year to the end of the season what year of the team's existence will this be?
They got their UI

 
Old
08-13-2008, 08:02 PM
  #262
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Maybe because the league isn't the Habs, maybe you should understand that the Habs had a financial year for that season, that the management had to pay players and that FOR THEM, NOT THE LEAGUE, it is their 100th season as a franchise. And to them, it is only a technicality that doesn't mean much because everything about those celebrations is related to their 100th year of existence as a franchise, their 100th year since their foundation, so every event was to coincide with the 100th year, which is 2009... like I said in my previous post.
Management definitely did not pay the players. I'm guessing you're referring to lower level leagues though.

Little Nilan is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
  #263
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
That's YOUR understanding of it.

In accounting, there's no such thing of 'season of operation'. It's a year of operation, it has an annual report. Ins and Outs.

Nobody is making a mistake on the number of years of operations of the club. They will be 99 soon, 100 next year. But we are starting to celebrate when they are 98. Doh.

A season is, according to Webster:

The schedule of official games played or to be played by a sports team during a playing season

It has nothing to do with year, operations of a league/team.

Do you actually realize that not all companies have their year end at Dec 31st??? Do you actually realize that hockey teams have their financial years spread over two years (like many companies/corporations do eg: Sony corp, Rockstar). Saying it has nothing to do with the financial management is jsut plain stupid. The franchise is still there, paying, having employees work, for them it IS a season, albeit a different kinda season then they are used to, and to them, as a franchise, it counts. It's not because some schmuck on the internet thinks he's brilliant for pointing a technicality that I am sure upper management was already well aware of, that they are gonna change their plans, which are personal to them as a company. Don't you think that BG, Gillet and Boivin are fully aware that the 2004-2005 season was cancelled and that it isn't counted in NHL playing seasons??? Nevermind the poor soul locked away in the basement siffting through archives, the organization had plans for almost a decade now to celebrate it this upcomming season.

Funny how you don't respond to my arguments about the all-stars, draft and playoffs of 2009 all coinciding with the 2008-2009 season and how it is logical to start the celebrations at the beginning of this season.

Also, you say they are in the 98th year of operation, well you like to play play with technicalities?? They are living their 99th year right now until dec, not the 98th, they've COMPLETED the 98th last december. DOH!


Last edited by Ozymandias: 08-13-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:08 PM
  #264
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
I simply found confusing information about the so called 100th season, some say it is, some say it isn't. Not me, but journalists, information online, information provided by the NHL themselves.
Daniel, you are incredibly obtuse.

Why do you keep saying "I reported" as if you are unearthing something important? What do you mean you "found confusing information?" You didn't find anything. You just can't do simple math.

Why do you say "some say" it's the 100th season... Not some, everybody but you.

Some say it isn't? No, *you* say it isn't. Everybody else is able to make the simple leap of logic that if the team has been around for 100 years, then it's the Centennial.

What is most baffling about this entire thread is that you simply won't listen to anybody, and keep parroting the same nonsense, then on top of that, you have the balls to pretend you've "found something."

How's the investigation going?

How's the shocked Montreal Canadiens archvist doing? Is he okay? Has he recovered from the shock of your major finding?

Do you think it's odd that posted this nonsense on multiple message boards and at each place you've been met with laughter and mockery?

Why do you think that is Daniel?

FerrisRox is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
  #265
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
Management definitely did not pay the players. I'm guessing you're referring to lower level leagues though.
they paid those in the AHL.

znk is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
  #266
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
Dear Daniel,
Please respond to all the posts explaining how old the Habs are. Maybe start with the list of years from 1909 to today. Count them. Tell me how many you've counted.
Don't say I'm insulting you, I'm just asking you to count.
I appreciate your 'tone'. I'm not saying that everyone is insulting either, while most did.

I'm not talking about years. I'm reporting about seasons.

Nobody is disputing the years, yet, cuz I might, you never know. :-)

Obviously, everybody that thinks that it's the 100th is because they are counting the 2004-2005 year of operation as a season, eventhought there was no hockey season.

It's a matter of interpretation, maybe, most probably. And I've been trying to get a confirmation for the past 2 days from the NHL, but they cannot even confirm it's the 91st or 92nd.

The latest argument is that we are counting 8 NHA season, 90 played seasons, 1 unplayed season, and 1 upcoming season, to add to 100.

It could be possible. But I smell a cover up..

Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
  #267
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
That's YOUR understanding of it.

In accounting...
well that explains everything for me.

This borderline psychotic obsession is what everyone is poking fun at you about, in case you haven't noticed. You want to raise a point? Try not ending every sentence in exclamation marks in your OP.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
  #268
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
I appreciate your 'tone'. I'm not saying that everyone is insulting either, while most did.

I'm not talking about years. I'm reporting about seasons.

Nobody is disputing the years, yet, cuz I might, you never know. :-)

Obviously, everybody that thinks that it's the 100th is because they are counting the 2004-2005 year of operation as a season, eventhought there was no hockey season.

It's a matter of interpretation, maybe, most probably. And I've been trying to get a confirmation for the past 2 days from the NHL, but they cannot even confirm it's the 91st or 92nd.

The latest argument is that we are counting 8 NHA season, 90 played seasons, 1 unplayed season, and 1 upcoming season, to add to 100.

It could be possible. But I smell a cover up..
There....we have it.

The thing that makes the most sense is a coverup.

That a sign of something...

znk is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
  #269
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Daniel, you are incredibly obtuse.

Why do you keep saying "I reported" as if you are unearthing something important? What do you mean you "found confusing information?" You didn't find anything. You just can't do simple math.

Why do you say "some say" it's the 100th season... Not some, everybody but you.

Some say it isn't? No, *you* say it isn't. Everybody else is able to make the simple leap of logic that if the team has been around for 100 years, then it's the Centennial.

What is most baffling about this entire thread is that you simply won't listen to anybody, and keep parroting the same nonsense, then on top of that, you have the balls to pretend you've "found something."

How's the investigation going?

How's the shocked Montreal Canadiens archvist doing? Is he okay? Has he recovered from the shock of your major finding?

Do you think it's odd that posted this nonsense on multiple message boards and at each place you've been met with laughter and mockery?

Why do you think that is Daniel?
On BleacherReport, it was well received.

On Habfans, it was iffy.

On the Canadiens.com thread, it was ok, I would say, 100 times better conducted than here.

Here, it's been quite funny.

You think it's nonsense, that's your prerogative.

I never wrote that the archivist was in SHOCK, I said he was surprised. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't take very long to recover from a surprise.

I never wrote on Wikipedia that it was the 99th year, someone else did. It's not a matter of interpretation or calculation. Some people think it's not the 100th season, the NHL received other comments about that, as stated in the email I got from the NHL.

Many agree that it's not the 100th season and they are referering that we are starting the 100th year celebration, the 100th birthday.

Some think that we should count the cancelled season, and it could be a valid argument, but the communications from the NHL implies that they are not counting it.

Not because the Preds made the same assumption that means it's right.

How's the investigation going? Very weird indeed. More on that later, I'm still reading all the flames.

Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
  #270
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
I appreciate your 'tone'. I'm not saying that everyone is insulting either, while most did.

I'm not talking about years. I'm reporting about seasons.

Nobody is disputing the years, yet, cuz I might, you never know. :-)

Obviously, everybody that thinks that it's the 100th is because they are counting the 2004-2005 year of operation as a season, eventhought there was no hockey season.

It's a matter of interpretation, maybe, most probably. And I've been trying to get a confirmation for the past 2 days from the NHL, but they cannot even confirm it's the 91st or 92nd.

The latest argument is that we are counting 8 NHA season, 90 played seasons, 1 unplayed season, and 1 upcoming season, to add to 100.

It could be possible. But I smell a cover up..
Oh man, you're priceless!! Call Mulder and Scully and don't forget to put on that tinfoil hat.

It's not ""everybody that thinks that it's the 100th is because they are counting the 2004-2005 year of operation as a season, eventhought there was no hockey season""

It's actually the organization that thinks that, because they were there in the 2004-2005 season, they were there working, DO YOU ACTUALLY GET THAT?? and that for them, it is unconsequential whether the team played or not, the franchise was active, a lot of employees related to management and finance were there WORKING.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
  #271
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
The latest argument is that we are counting 8 NHA season, 90 played seasons, 1 unplayed season, and 1 upcoming season, to add to 100.

It could be possible. But I smell a cover up..
HF really does have the perfect smiley for every occasion...

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
  #272
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
well that explains everything for me.

This borderline psychotic obsession is what everyone is poking fun at you about, in case you haven't noticed. You want to raise a point? Try not ending every sentence in exclamation marks in your OP.
How, now I have BPD.

Great.

But I agree, I made numerous mistake in my OP, but it was my first. I'm learning alot in this thread.

Speaking of which, what is the record for a first thread created by a new user?

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I made this logo for you. You can use it if you like. I think it will help you explain your point of view in a more serious and coherent way.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is precious.

I will save it for very long memories.

Something to tell my grand kids one day.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-13-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Daniel Bigras is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
  #273
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
How, now I have BPD.

Great.

But I agree, I made numerous mistake in my OP, but it was my first. I'm learning alot in this thread.

Speaking of which, what is the record for a first thread created by a new user?
You're not there yet NOOB.

You seem to have BDP, because you seem obsessed in not seeing the obvious.

And just the fact you think there's a cover-up says a lot about that.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 08-13-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
  #274
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Daniel, you are incredibly obtuse.

Why do you keep saying "I reported" as if you are unearthing something important? What do you mean you "found confusing information?" You didn't find anything. You just can't do simple math.

Why do you say "some say" it's the 100th season... Not some, everybody but you.

Some say it isn't? No, *you* say it isn't. Everybody else is able to make the simple leap of logic that if the team has been around for 100 years, then it's the Centennial.

What is most baffling about this entire thread is that you simply won't listen to anybody, and keep parroting the same nonsense, then on top of that, you have the balls to pretend you've "found something."

How's the investigation going?

How's the shocked Montreal Canadiens archvist doing? Is he okay? Has he recovered from the shock of your major finding?

Do you think it's odd that posted this nonsense on multiple message boards and at each place you've been met with laughter and mockery?

Why do you think that is Daniel?
Ferris

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
  #275
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
How, now I have BPD.

Great.

But I agree, I made numerous mistake in my OP, but it was my first. I'm learning alot in this thread.

Speaking of which, what is the record for a first thread created by a new user?
Not trying to make fun of anyone's mental health. At least not on purpose.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.