Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Leopold

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 01:17 PM
vega007

vCash: 500
Let me get something straight. I don't HATE Calgary. In fact I've lived there for many years and will live there for a few more.

My point is that Calgary is hardly the top destination in the NHL. I myself grew up dreaming of playing for Calgary but the vast majority of kids don't.

How do you think Eric Nystrom feels about being drafted by Calgary? He's an American, going to an American school. He enters the draft, it looks like he's going to be drafted by Phoenix and then he goes to Calgary. You're telling me YOU wouldn't feel just a little ripped off?

I hate when guys like Lindros or Bryant get drafted by cities like Quebec City or Charlotte and force a trade. But it's a cold hard reality my friends.

once again.......I DON'T HATE CALGARY

Old
02-25-2004, 01:42 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Let me get something straight. I don't HATE Calgary. In fact I've lived there for many years and will live there for a few more.

My point is that Calgary is hardly the top destination in the NHL. I myself grew up dreaming of playing for Calgary but the vast majority of kids don't.

How do you think Eric Nystrom feels about being drafted by Calgary? He's an American, going to an American school. He enters the draft, it looks like he's going to be drafted by Phoenix and then he goes to Calgary. You're telling me YOU wouldn't feel just a little ripped off?

I hate when guys like Lindros or Bryant get drafted by cities like Quebec City or Charlotte and force a trade. But it's a cold hard reality my friends.

once again.......I DON'T HATE CALGARY
oh sorry....I assumed when you said:
Listen man. Calgary sucks. I'm glad to be out of that @#$*^@#. I hope I never go back. Of course I'll still go to the 'Dome a few times a year for a Flames game but Boston
that you hated Calgary...how silly of me

anyways, yes Nystrom is an American...but his dad is from Calgary initially. maybe Nystrom is open-minded?

I'll ask you a different question to change things up

why does someone like Joel Otto, an American who ended his career in Philadelphia, continue to live in Calgary?

Old
02-25-2004, 01:47 PM
vega007

Didn't know Bobby Nystrom was born in Calgary.....I was born here in 1983 myself

No idea about Joel Otto. Just because one guy likes it doesn't mean everyone will.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Wow Vega, you're way off. Your takes are really fresh.

You say you live in the bridge and you like it better than Calgary? Ok buddy, then how about you stay there and leave the bigger and better city to us.

And the calgary home market is declining? It's always been big and getting even bigger now that you don't have to put that 5% anymore and can finance the entire purchase. This makes it easier now for those who can't put down that down payment. It's called accessibility. I don't know where you get your info or takes from man.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
How could you feel sorry for a guy like Nystrom or Lindros being drafted by a Canadian city? Who cares? It's their problem. You don't get to pick your team that's why it's called a draft. You don't like, you don't wanna go to Canada, don't play hockey. There's always that chance so if Canada is so bad why take it? Nevermind Vancouver is always among the select few cities ranked as best cities in the world to live in, that most american cities with teams don't care or aren't as knowledge about the game as canadian fans, and that most hockey players will tell you they love playing in a hockey town, ie, anywhere in Canada!!!!

Old
02-25-2004, 03:04 PM
looooob

Quote:
Didn't know Bobby Nystrom was born in Calgary.....I was born here in 1983 myself

No idea about Joel Otto. Just because one guy likes it doesn't mean everyone will.
I should clarify. Bob Nystrom was born in Sweden, but was raised in rural Alberta and played his Junior hockey in Calgary

as for the Otto thing that was kind of my point. you say just b/c Otto likes it doesn't mean everyone will....that is true. I'm saying just because you and Val Bure don't seem to care for the city much...others might

Old
02-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Hitman*

Quote:
? All I'm saying is how I can see how Florida or California are better destinations for someone from Russia, or Minnesota I believe in Leopolds case.

Seriously if I said to you hey buddy I'll pay you $2million bucks a year to raise your kids in the middle of nowhere where there's eight months of snow and the government will tax you mercilessly.........or you can go to sunny Florida, your kids can chill on the beach and you can forget about paying any kind of serious taxes.....what would you choose?
You're right, Sunny California does sound alot more like Russia and Minnesota. How the hell would they ever make the adjustment to living in Calgary coming from those vacation hotspots. I bet Leopold never saw snow before he came here. No wonder he wants out.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
vega007

touchy, touchy

funny thing is I never said one word about Leopold not being happy here. I think we should just leave this

the dude who thinks I said the bridge was better than calgary......never said that. i said i was staying in lethbridge right now

rather be in boston, where i'll be back next week

of course i'll be back in time for mid april, for the start of the playoffs! I can't wait.

Lets remember we're all friends and we're all on the same side here. sorry if i offended anybody

Old
02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
It might be like that in parts of Detroit or New York City, but that doesn't it's like that in every other major American city. Aggessive panhandlers get in my face during just about every visit to Toronto & Montreal. That doesn't mean if reflects on all of Canadian society.
Every major US city has large amount of drug and gang activity. It's an undenibale fact.

Heck, even the city I live in, populatipn 320,000 has a sizeable dose of both.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:08 AM
kruezer

Hey, on a side note, isn't Nanaimo the fastest growing Canadian city?

Closed Thread