HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Ryder had similar offer from Canucks

Old
08-06-2008, 08:40 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
OT - Ryder had similar offer from Canucks

Story in the Boston papers about Ryder. Ryder said he was offered a similar deal by the Canucks, but opted for the Bruins because of the familarity of the division and because of Julien.

Bruins look stronger than the Nucks with Savard and a healthy Bergeron up the middle over the Sedins who may potentially be gone via UFA status next season.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...sniper/?page=1

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Garo

I'm sure every Nucks fan in the world are disappointed in his choice.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 08:47 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I'm sure every Nucks fan in the world are disappointed in his choice.
I would be. Ryder alongside the Sedins would be a good combo, Anson Carter did quite well with those two and I imagine Ryder could have as well.

Flattering to Ryder that he was their first choice and that Demitra would be their 2nd.

Old
08-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Can't say anything negetive about Ryder, Exemplifies the word Perseverance. I wish him all the best over in Bean town but at the same time I hope he doesn't burn the Habs ala Leclair.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Can't say anything negetive about Ryder, Exemplifies the word Perseverance. I wish him all the best over in Bean town but at the same time I hope he doesn't burn the Habs ala Leclair.
Perseverance would be busting your ass off in practice showing people why you should be in the line-up, and doing the same thing when you get in your games.

Perseverance wouldn't be sitting in the press box, making paper airplanes, and basically packing it in for the season.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
Perseverance would be busting your ass off in practice showing people why you should be in the line-up, and doing the same thing when you get in your games.

Perseverance wouldn't be sitting in the press box, making paper airplanes, and basically packing it in for the season.
You're talking about hustling, working hard nothing in your posts describes Perseverance...take a look at his life, the development of his game, the difference stages he cleared, thats Perseverance.

Get off your high horse!

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post

Well when you post one of the best PTS per MIN over the last half of the season and still don't get to play..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Clearly we should expect Ryder to have 30+ goals this year. Honestly, I just can't see how it won't happen. New team, new opportunity, new start, a lot of people would shine and now he'll have the icetime.

If Samsonov can rebound....

Makes me laugh that 'Nucks fans are saying they wouldn't need him....we're actually talking about a team who can't score goals and don't have a lot of snipers. Who cares about the amount. It's not like the will need the money for Sundin....Ryder would have done just as great with them.

Wondering how he'll do in the long run, in the 2nd, or 3rd year of his contract but next year, he will be on fire.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
David_99

I'd personally like the thank the Canucks for offering Ryder that money. They are more then likely the only "other teams offered similar money" which drove the price up for the Bruins. Boston may have had him for cheaper. If he scores 30, they'll be happy. He'll earn his dough. If he doesn't, that's a nice chunk of Cap right there sitting in the press box a la Murray.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Just a shame that we gave all that ice time to young 'pukes'.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
laubelroc

ryder will do very well with julien you eill see.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Story in the Boston papers about Ryder. Ryder said he was offered a similar deal by the Canucks, but opted for the Bruins because of the familarity of the division and because of Julien.

Bruins look stronger than the Nucks with Savard and a healthy Bergeron up the middle over the Sedins who may potentially be gone via UFA status next season.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...sniper/?page=1
Why the hell are you reading the Boston papers for!!! TRAITOR!!!!!

08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Scotianhab

I think Ryder will have a decent season. Hopefully he struggles in his games against us though.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
ryder will do very well with julien you eill see.
I don't think so. He might score 20-30 goals, but will be -10.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Just a shame that we gave all that ice time to young 'pukes'.
Your avatar is a dark horse for sure, won't have to worry about him taking Ryder's spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

It was on habsinsideout.com

Old
08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

Hmmm....hmmm...just spying on the enemy Sir.

Before the UFA period started I personally thought that Ryder would end up with the Nucks. I agree with RE-HABS that he would have been a good fit playing with the twins.

But considering that Ryder will now get a chance to play with either of Boston's two good centerman (Bergeron/Savard) as well as play for a coach he previously had success with (Julien). I think he made the right decision.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
terreur

I am pretty sure Ryder will have his carreer high in goals... If he plays along side with Marc Savard, he will have around 35 goals in my opinion...

Savard was very underrated before and his a hell of a playmaker..

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Ryder sucks, even if he scored 50G, im happy he's gone.
I have a feeling some crazy fans will keep making threads ''a la Ribeiro'' over the course of the season if he finds success.
This thread is already annoying. What is the point of it really?..To show VAN wanted him?..Shall we make a thread for each team that wanted him/Streit/Huet?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Your avatar is a dark horse for sure, won't have to worry about him taking Ryder's spot.
Pretty ironic considering someone would have said something similar about Ryder some 6 years ago.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Boulette Cannon

The nucks should count themselves lucky to have a sucky team.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I'd personally like the thank the Canucks for offering Ryder that money. They are more then likely the only "other teams offered similar money" which drove the price up for the Bruins. Boston may have had him for cheaper. If he scores 30, they'll be happy. He'll earn his dough. If he doesn't, that's a nice chunk of Cap right there sitting in the press box a la Murray.
I would bet a month's salary that Ryder never sees the press box this season, barring him being injured. Also, to the poster that said Ryder would be (-10), a lot of that has to do with which lines players are on and match up with each night...however, seeing as how Marc Savard (who was supposed to be a horrible defensive player) finished the season at (+3) after playing vs the other teams top line most nights, I doubt Ryder will be in the negative, let alone (-10).

As Habs fans should know, Julien's teams may be offensively challenged at times, but they are never bad defensively.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:26 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Pretty ironic considering someone would have said something similar about Ryder some 6 years ago.
I hope he is another darkhorse like Ryder, I wouldn't be disappointed to see that happen again.

Old
08-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I would bet a month's salary that Ryder never sees the press box this season, barring him being injured. Also, to the poster that said Ryder would be (-10), a lot of that has to do with which lines players are on and match up with each night...however, seeing as how Marc Savard (who was supposed to be a horrible defensive player) finished the season at (+3) after playing vs the other teams top line most nights, I doubt Ryder will be in the negative, let alone (-10).

As Habs fans should know, Julien's teams may be offensively challenged at times, but they are never bad defensively.
They weren't great defensively either..tied us for GA..12th out of 30 is decent.
Savard wasn't the checking line center of Boston. He didn't get 78pts playing the role of shutting down the opponant's team's best line every game.

And once again, the +/- stat doesnt show at all how good or bad defensively a player can be.
Koivu finished a season with +1, then dropped to -21 the next year, and last year went to a -4.
Did Koivu suddenly forget to play defensively for a season?? The same season he gets career high PTS.
Same can be said with Ryder that respectively had, +10, -5, -25, -4.

This means +/- Stat is quite Bogus. But if you've watched Ryder play, you know he's far from being defensively reliable.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ryder sucks, even if he scored 50G, im happy he's gone.
I have a feeling some crazy fans will keep making threads ''a la Ribeiro'' over the course of the season if he finds success.
This thread is already annoying. What is the point of it really?..To show VAN wanted him?..Shall we make a thread for each team that wanted him/Streit/Huet?
It's a slow hockey day, thought it was interesting to see who else may have made an offer.

And regardless if Ryder does well or if he does bad there will be posts on saying why did we let him go or thank god he is gone...it is the nature of the beast on this board to do so.

Old
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Whatever, good for the Bruins yada yada.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote