HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

The Most Overrated Player

View Poll Results: Who is the most overrated?
Rick Nash 13 12.15%
Dany Heatley 4 3.74%
Jeff Carter 21 19.63%
Chris Higgins 26 24.30%
Anze Kopitar 2 1.87%
Alexander Frolov 4 3.74%
Other (Include in reply) 37 34.58%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Nash is too overrated.........by TPS

Look at their website, you can't blink without looking at Nash

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Louis Houde

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Daniel Brière and Phil Kessel

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 06:45 PM
8snake

IMO the whole Detroit Red Wings team is overrated. Lidstrom is only good because of Zetterberg, Zetterberg is only good because of Lidstrom and the system makes them all better than they really are. Zetterberg is the best two-way forward in the world. Live with it, embrace it, accept it.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
flamebird

no1 on that list is overrated at all

flamebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM
PinkPanther

I went with 'other'. No one on that list is overrated. It's Sundin for me that's an overrated player IMO. He's good but far from the super star he's often made out to be.

PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 08:52 PM
mckeefan*

Kostitsyns. Just because he and his brother survived the Chernobyl disaster doesn't make them good.

mckeefan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Sundin has hit 70+ points since 1996 (the only reason he didn't hit it the year before was he was uncharacteristically injured). Only TWO years in his career has he hit less than 70 points actually, and one was his rookie year, the other he only played in 47 games (and had 47 points).

Can somebody please tell me how this can possibly be considered as overrated? If overrated means one of the most (if not the most) consistent players in the current NHL year after year playing at a very high level-then yes you're absolutely right.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeefan View Post
Kostitsyns. Just because he and his brother survived the Chernobyl disaster doesn't make them good.
man oh man will you eat crow one day

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeefan View Post
Sorry but that's funny

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
No I just put him up there because he is a normal Top 10 center in the league to everyone else and to Kings fans he is the second comming of christ

And many Kings fans think Frolov is a better player than one of Spezza, Heatley or Alfredsson so that is why I put him on the poll
You're terribly misinformed. I don't think any Kings' fan in the world believes that Frolov is better than one of Ottawa's big three.

I suggest you stay up past your bed time to watch some Kings' games, though. Your ignorance is staggering.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
flamebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damannnnaa View Post
Sundin has hit 70+ points since 1996 (the only reason he didn't hit it the year before was he was uncharacteristically injured). Only TWO years in his career has he hit less than 70 points actually, and one was his rookie year, the other he only played in 47 games (and had 47 points).

Can somebody please tell me how this can possibly be considered as overrated? If overrated means one of the most (if not the most) consistent players in the current NHL year after year playing at a very high level-then yes you're absolutely right.
agreed, even though i'm a leaf fan, i hate when people say he's overrated

Old
08-10-2008, 10:31 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
When people start putting Thomas Kaberle in the top 5 defensemen in the NHL I go
I only know Tomas Kaberle sadly

I say myself the same thing when people put Markov in the top 5

One good season and hes a top 5 d-man.....

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
flamebird

Quote:
Who do you think is the most overrated player in the league? I included my choices and an other option

Zetterberg: 1

Phaneuf: 3

Sundin: 2

M. Richards: 4

Campbell: 2

D. Sedin: 1

H. Sedin: 1

Malkin: 1

Pahlsson: 1

Pads McGee: 1

Malone: 1

Spezza: 2

Price: 1

J. Staal: 1

Visnovsky: 1

B. Richards: 1

Kaberle: 1

Drury: 1

Nabokov: 1

Komisarek: 2

Regehr: 2

Briere: 1

Kessel: 1
, definatly the most underrated played in the league

Old
08-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup View Post
You're terribly misinformed. I don't think any Kings' fan in the world believes that Frolov is better than one of Ottawa's big three.

I suggest you stay up past your bed time to watch some Kings' games, though. Your ignorance is staggering.
Oh and there pops the excuse out again, "You don't know because Kings games are too late for you to watch so you must know nothing about our players"

I have already told you I stay up to watch the Kings play Colorado almost every game with my brother, it isn't that late where I used to live, 9:00PM start - 11:30 finish

And yes I can't quite remember the name of the thread but some Kings fans said that because Frolov is so good defensively they would take him over Spezza or Heatley not Alfie though, I guess you guys aren't too (Fill in the blank)

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:06 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Vanek

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
How The HELL is Heatley Overrated? he's easily one of the Top 10 Players in the League. Rick Nash is a Little overrated but hes a fantastic player. But to be honest with you bro,none of the players on your list are really overrated.

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Nashology

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
Evgeni Nabakov. He had no buisiness getting nominated for Vezina. He's save % was average at best on a very good team. People who wanted him to win over Broduer was laughable.
1st in Wins
3rd in Shutouts
3rd in GAA

opposed to Brodeur

2nd in Wins
9th in Shutouts
5th in GAA

San Jose doesn't allow many shots per game. Goalies who only face 15-20 shots a game will generally have low Save %s. If he had a high Save% his GAA would be like 1. Other than GAA, Nabby has Brodeur beat in every goaltending category. It isn't like Brodeur was top 5 either in Save Percentage.

Also San Jose wouldnt've been good without Nabby. Everyone on their team but Thornton struggled offensively. Only JT and Mickalak hit 50pts. Their D was also anchored by Rivet, Vlasic, Ehrhoff and DOUG MURRAY.

Nashology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
mytor4*

Yes Jordan Staal is by far the most overrated player .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Oh and there pops the excuse out again, "You don't know because Kings games are too late for you to watch so you must know nothing about our players"

I have already told you I stay up to watch the Kings play Colorado almost every game with my brother, it isn't that late where I used to live, 9:00PM start - 11:30 finish

And yes I can't quite remember the name of the thread but some Kings fans said that because Frolov is so good defensively they would take him over Spezza or Heatley not Alfie though, I guess you guys aren't too (Fill in the blank)
Stupid?

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 11:58 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:

At least we are smart enough not to base an entire organization's fans based upon 1-2 stupid posters unlike you seem to be doing. I'm glad that there are one or two idiots on our forums just as there are on yours with the difference that you can't differentiate from them or form an opinion on the greater amount. Should add Meszaros as I have seen a Sens fan say he is worth more than Kopitar/Frolov since thats how we are putting people on this list.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:01 AM
mckeefan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
man oh man will you eat crow one day
Nah. Habs fans act like their elite talents but they'e just figure skaters with sticks.

mckeefan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:02 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
When people start putting Thomas Kaberle in the top 5 defensemen in the NHL I go
If anything, Kaberle is underrated. I mean... have you watched him play?

I'm a Habs fan, but I would take Kaberle any day of the week, before any of our D-Man. Before Markov? Well it's arguable but I think I'd even take him before Markov.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:29 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:

Wow, you watch a grand total of four Kings' games a year where you used to live. I'm impressed.

And you obviously don't know a thing about any Kings' player considering you think Kopitar and Frolov are overrated. If anything, they don't get enough attention because they play on a west coast, non-playoff team. If either played for the Senators, they'd be superstars. Especially Kopitar.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
Vanek
Good call! i think everyone forgot about him, didnt he make 10million bucks last year?

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 675
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
How Frolov ends up on a list of options of overrated players is beyond me let alone that he has some people who have voted for him.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote