HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Primeau out another 3-4 Weeks!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2004, 08:20 AM
  #1
Flyersguru
Registered User
 
Flyersguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
Primeau out another 3-4 Weeks!

Rob parent is reporting this today...

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=215420&rfi=6


can it get any worse?

Flyersguru is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 08:39 AM
  #2
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguru
can it get any worse?
Please don't ask that question...I'm afraid of the answer.

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 09:15 AM
  #3
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,460
vCash: 2539
Yeah, I agree. And then there is the schedule of top teams then next few weeks.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 09:33 AM
  #4
FlyersHomer DM03
Registered User
 
FlyersHomer DM03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Allentown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguru
can it get any worse?
uhhhhh...oh

I read in yesterday's paper that Primeau was just about rid of all the post-symptoms. Time for Handzus to step up, because this team is in trouble.

Alexei Zhamnov is a good player, and any center at all will help us, but I'm beginning to think that Clarke should of went and gotten more of an energy player, instead of a guy deemed 'soft'. I don't know if one was available, but for the price we gave up (not hefty, but plenty), there probably would of been.

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 10:08 AM
  #5
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,460
vCash: 2539
This was in today's (Saturday's) New York Post/Larry Brooks' column (I put the full story on the trade rumor hockey board):

Meanwhile, Holik has come under heavy criticism from Canadian commentators the last week over his refusal to fight Donald Brashear in the final minutes of last Saturday's game in Philadelphia. The enforcer stalked Holik in an attempt to gain retribution for the Ranger center's collision two nights earlier with Keith Primeau that concussed the Flyer center. When Holik refused to take the bait from Brashear, a brawl involving Chris Simon that spilled over to include Jamie Lundmark and Danny Markov ensued. "Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent. That is my opinion. I'm not going to fight because someone else thinks I should."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 10:13 AM
  #6
MPFly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Crazy to think but if the Flyers were forced to look for a guy that fills Primeauís on ice roll Holik is perfect and with his ridicules contract should be available for little more than a draft pick. How ironic?

MPFly is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 10:16 AM
  #7
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,460
vCash: 2539
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFly
Crazy to think but if the Flyers were forced to look for a guy that fills Primeauís on ice roll Holik is perfect and with his ridicules contract should be available for little more than a draft pick. How ironic?
Just to clarify, the rumor in the New York Post is Holik going back to New Jersey. I posted the quote here because it deals with Primeau's injury.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
  #8
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
Just to clarify, the rumor in the New York Post is Holik going back to New Jersey. I posted the quote here because it deals with Primeau's injury.
It's not even a rumor; it's Brooks being desperate for something to write and a deadline over his head. He even reports in the story that Holik was dumbstruck when the mere idea was floated past him. It's a ridiculous notion.

At the same time, should the Rangers elect to put Holik on the market, it'll take more than a pick to get him.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 11:12 AM
  #9
MPFly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
9 million a year for the next 3 years. It will be the Rags adding the pick to just to get some one to take that absurd contract.

MPFly is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 12:53 PM
  #10
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFly
9 million a year for the next 3 years. It will be the Rags adding the pick to just to get some one to take that absurd contract.
Hmmm ... doubt it. As you wrote yourself, he's the perfect playoff addition, and more than one team will inquire after him.

We'll certainly see if Holik actually goes on the market.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 08:00 PM
  #11
biggbloo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
I miss Primeau most of all!!

Although I enjoy J.R.,there is nobody on this team who plays with as much heart and soul as K.P. Get better soon Keith,you're sadly missed!

biggbloo is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 11:31 PM
  #12
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
This was in today's (Saturday's) New York Post/Larry Brooks' column (I put the full story on the trade rumor hockey board):

Meanwhile, Holik has come under heavy criticism from Canadian commentators the last week over his refusal to fight Donald Brashear in the final minutes of last Saturday's game in Philadelphia. The enforcer stalked Holik in an attempt to gain retribution for the Ranger center's collision two nights earlier with Keith Primeau that concussed the Flyer center. When Holik refused to take the bait from Brashear, a brawl involving Chris Simon that spilled over to include Jamie Lundmark and Danny Markov ensued. "Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent. That is my opinion. I'm not going to fight because someone else thinks I should."


Holik won't fight anybody- ever. The reason he won't- because he doesn't know how- didn't learn how when he was young and is afraid of getting tuned up. Brashear is the last guy in the league he'd even dream of fighting. Maybe he'd fight Martin St. Louis or Theo Fleury while drunk- or maybe if Gretzky came out of retirement....

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 11:52 PM
  #13
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,589
vCash: 500
never trust players with the uni-brow

RoDu is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 12:14 AM
  #14
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers

Holik won't fight anybody- ever. The reason he won't- because he doesn't know how- didn't learn how when he was young and is afraid of getting tuned up. Brashear is the last guy in the league he'd even dream of fighting. Maybe he'd fight Martin St. Louis or Theo Fleury while drunk- or maybe if Gretzky came out of retirement....
I think Theo would kick his butt.
Feds just needs to "not see him in time to avoid hitting him in the jaw" at the next game.

Rex88 is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 09:21 AM
  #15
MPFly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Yes, dedalus ďon the iceĒ Holik would be a great play-off addition for any team. But he is grossly over paid, I can not even come up with an adjective that sufficient describes his contract. Ridicules and absurd donít do it enough justice. No team is going to pick up a 9 million a year contract in this labor market except maybe the Rangers. He wont be going any where unless the Rags pick up some of the tab.

MPFly is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 10:16 AM
  #16
stanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (statement from Bobby Holik)
"Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent."
Um, Bob? You lost that game, bud.

stanley is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 10:43 AM
  #17
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Um, Bob? You lost that game, bud.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
  #18
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Um, Bob? You lost that game, bud.
Err ... yeah but Holik wasn't the one looking for payback, remember?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFly
No team is going to pick up a 9 million a year contract in this labor market except maybe the Rangers.
We'll simply agree to disagree on this one. Hopefully we don't find out since I happen to favor Holik in a Blueshirt. You keep and pay the guy for his ability to shut down guys like Federov (not to mention his ability to do damage with his hits) and he's done both as a Ranger just as he used to as a Devil.

Also as you say yourself, the market opens up for his services if the Rangers eat contract. For the Rangers, eating contract has never been a hindrance, and considering how cheaply they're getting Jagr, it should mean even less if they decide to move Holik.

dedalus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.