HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-NJ

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Mark Pavelich

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus

Think anyone might be moved as soon as tomorrow?
Yes, Tjutin and Ortmeyer for Lang to join the playoff express.

Old
02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Profet

Jamie "Langenbrunner" (the one in the blue jersey...you know...the one with Lundmark on his jersey) had a nice end to the period.

Here's hoping for at least 3 1st rounders in 2004.

Old
02-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
Jamie "Langenbrunner" (the one in the blue jersey...you know...the one with Lundmark on his jersey) had a nice end to the period.

Here's hoping for at least 3 1st rounders in 2004.
Dont dis Sam.

He is one of the areas in which we are better than most in the NHL.

Old
02-21-2004, 01:51 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
Yes, Tjutin and Ortmeyer for Lang to join the playoff express.
There was a time that comment would actually frighten me. Not anymore. This team is DONE and while Sather will make all the usual public pronouncements, he knows perfectly well what time it is.

Old
02-21-2004, 01:53 PM
rickyrod

i kind of dissapointed they pulled dunham. the chances of the score being run up for to 12 seems distant now.

rememer when broduer used to be able to stop the kinds of goals that he's let in today?
actually, i dont think many people would have stopped that jagr shot. but that rucinsky goal was very soft. dunham soft.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
There was a time that comment would actually frighten me. Not anymore. This team is DONE and while Sather will make all the usual public pronouncements, he knows perfectly well what time it is.
All jokes aside, this will be a huge trade deadline for the future of the Rangers and we have a complete buffoon at the helm. Until "blames everything but himself" is gone there is no reason for hope.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:01 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Anyone else just waiting for JD or Sam to finally say something honest? Something that we're all thinking? I mean after 7 years of no playoffs, I just want JD to finally say this team sucks. Or this team can't play D for ****. Or actually speak out against Sather, or at least the way this organization does business. I mean all you have to look at his how the Devils are compared to the Rangers. Diciplined, built from within, Defence #1 priority, truly a TEAM. They OWN the ****ing Rangers, a team that is the exact opposite of them...

Old
02-21-2004, 02:10 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
All jokes aside, this will be a huge trade deadline for the future of the Rangers and we have a complete buffoon at the helm. Until "blames everything but himself" is gone there is no reason for hope.
That's why I'm hoping for a pick-based trade deadline. I'm not as sold on Dolan keeping Sather as almost everyone else is, so obviously if Sather goes at the end of the season, someone else is using the picks acquired at the deadline.

The other thing is this; even if Sather is around for the draft, I'd much rather he had more and higher picks with which to work. I have no confidence in his drafting ability, but I do know the higher and more often he picks, the more likely he'll at least get lucky.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:26 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Anyone else just waiting for JD or Sam to finally say something honest? Something that we're all thinking? I mean after 7 years of no playoffs, I just want JD to finally say this team sucks. Or this team can't play D for ****. Or actually speak out against Sather, or at least the way this organization does business. I mean all you have to look at his how the Devils are compared to the Rangers. Diciplined, built from within, Defence #1 priority, truly a TEAM. They OWN the ****ing Rangers, a team that is the exact opposite of them...
JD: "Maybe management needs to look at the whole situation after a loss like this".

Sam & JD were talking about how the Rangers should probably be sellers at the deadline and should be looking to pick up draft picks/prospects. JD said that Sather understands the situation he's in, but doesn't want to admit that the season is over. Its not open criticism of the team, but at least you could tell Sam & JD understand whats going on and what needs to be done.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
JD: "Maybe management needs to look at the whole situation after a loss like this".

Sam & JD were talking about how the Rangers should probably be sellers at the deadline and should be looking to pick up draft picks/prospects. JD said that Sather understands the situation he's in, but doesn't want to admit that the season is over. Its not open criticism of the team, but at least you could tell Sam & JD understand whats going on and what needs to be done.
They're in a tough situation as well. Every game you can here the "Fire Sather" chants in the back. I'm sure that Sam and JD do have opinions about how disgraceful this franchise is right now. However, as announcers and employees of MSG network, it is partly their job to make sure that fans keep tuning in to their broadcasts. As such, they really can't say what they might truly feel. And I thought they actually made some good points today and said about as much as they could about how bad things are.

02-21-2004, 02:33 PM
rickyrod

sam and jd dont need to say what we are all thinking. the crowd chants come through the tv loud enough.
the fact that every time there is a blow out the get very lax with the play by play and start talking about other teams is a sneaky way of doing that. today they were talking about the caps and their trades.

it's a level of class that espn doesnt have.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:43 PM
AXN

Quote:

They never said draft picks and prospects. They need a new goalie. Dunham was Brutal. The first two goals should have been stopped.
Different players would be nice. Kovalev, Nedved and even Leetch should be traded. Get younger players that can play. They got enough stars who can't score.
The goaltending stinks so badly they have to give up 7 goals to the devils.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Bure9*

Quote:
That's why I'm hoping for a pick-based trade deadline. I'm not as sold on Dolan keeping Sather as almost everyone else is, so obviously if Sather goes at the end of the season, someone else is using the picks acquired at the deadline.

The other thing is this; even if Sather is around for the draft, I'd much rather he had more and higher picks with which to work. I have no confidence in his drafting ability, but I do know the higher and more often he picks, the more likely he'll at least get lucky.
All Sather does at the draft is stuff his face with ice cream. The guy was barely awake when Maloney and Renney wanted to introduce the kid they just drafted to him. Didn't you see the Rangers Inside, Out show?

Old
02-21-2004, 02:46 PM
nyr5186

Quote:

I'd also like to see more picks acquired rather than other teams' prospects, but I dont think whether Sather is here come draft time has much to do with who we pick. Sather has nothing to do with the draft; the guy didnt even know who Jessiman was when he was going up on the podium to greet him. Its mainly the scouts who make the decisions along with Renney. Sather is just the figurehead and makes believe like he knows what he's doing by shaking everybody's hand when they get picked. And I dont think you can just fire all the scouts along with Sather because they've been traveling the world looking at players year-round. It would be a waste on both parts to get rid of them and bring in new guys who would have no idea who to draft.

Question: Isn't Sather's wife a scout for this team? How odd would it be if Sather got fired and she kept her job?

Old
02-21-2004, 02:52 PM
dedalus

Quote:
It would be a waste on both parts to get rid of them and bring in new guys who would have no idea who to draft.
Depends whom you bring in. David Conte would walk in with his own scouting reports. So would any other director of scouting.

In any case the basic point remains; give to whomever the best and highest number of picks possible. Heck, I trust Christer Rockstrom to do some good things with picks.

Old
02-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Fletch

Funny how much we still talk about goaltending...

as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.

Old
02-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Bure9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.
When was the last time Dunham stole a game for the Rangers? Remember how the Rangers used to ride Richter? That won't happen with Dunham. He stinks. Way too inconsistent.

I should say that I am against trading for a goalie, though. The Rangers should be in a position to draft one of Montoya or Schwartz.

Last edited by Bure9*: 02-21-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old
02-21-2004, 03:14 PM
GW

At this point they should be send players like Ortmeyer back and start rotating Hartford players in and out of lineup for the experience

Old
02-21-2004, 03:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

That would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
When was the last time Dunham stole a game for the Rangers? Remember how the Rangers used to ride Richter? That won't happen with Dunham. He stinks. Way too inconsistent.

I should say that I am against trading for a goalie, though. The Rangers should be in a position to draft one of Montoya or Schwartz.
the last time the Rangers played the Debbies. This team plays no semblance of defense. The goalie is hardly to blame for most of this crap we see on a nightly basis.

Old
02-21-2004, 03:36 PM
sickboy35

Quote:

i might have been wrong in saying three, but fletch he's not even making easy saves anymore! the first one was shot from a bad angle and he let it in. thats stop 99 out of 100 times! the 100th being dunham. he doesn't steal games, as someone pointed out earlier, the defense is atrocious, thats not his fault but he's got to make the easy ones too. oh well, they need to do what we all hope for and thats to tear it down to the core and rebuild! pipe dream? yeah i think so!

Old
02-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
At this point they should be send players like Ortmeyer back and start rotating Hartford players in and out of lineup for the experience
Or perhaps they could bring up the entire Wolfpack team and see if they could do better?

Old
02-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Fletch

Stole a game?

one may not think a goalie can steal a 6-2 game, but he basically stood on his head to keep the Rangers in the Islander game. Could've easily have been 4-2 Islanders, on the way to 6-2. It's absolutely ridiculous what a goalie needs to stand up to in the Rangers net. It's not worth the Rangers' time, effort, prospects or picks to bring in a goalie that will regularly steal a game, i.e., Richter circa the '97 playoffs. No shame in winning games as a result of the team in front of you playing well. Dunham's good enough for this team to be a playoff contender, granted not a win in the playoffs. The team in front of him has failed. He's good enough for this team next season, and perhaps good enough for Lundqvist to take things over...perhaps.

Old
02-21-2004, 04:52 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Or perhaps they could bring up the entire Wolfpack team and see if they could do better?
Bring up Dominic Moore. He can do better than Nedved. Trade Nedved and Dunham for a goalie. Maybe Khabibulin.

Old
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan

Davidson saying something bad about the rangers for more than 10 seconds will never happen. Nothing is more obvious than how he comments that the Rangers were using their legs in the game vs Ottawa WHENIT WAS 7-1 OTTAWA!!!

Old
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:

The goaltending is crap, but your right the Rangers absolutley brutal defense is the biggest problem. Hell the defense may actually be worse than it was a few years ago & that defense made Richter look bad.

Closed Thread