HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-NJ

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2004, 01:19 PM
  #26
Mark Pavelich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus

Think anyone might be moved as soon as tomorrow?
Yes, Tjutin and Ortmeyer for Lang to join the playoff express.

Mark Pavelich is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
  #27
Profet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Jamie "Langenbrunner" (the one in the blue jersey...you know...the one with Lundmark on his jersey) had a nice end to the period.

Here's hoping for at least 3 1st rounders in 2004.

Profet is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 01:39 PM
  #28
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,671
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
Jamie "Langenbrunner" (the one in the blue jersey...you know...the one with Lundmark on his jersey) had a nice end to the period.

Here's hoping for at least 3 1st rounders in 2004.
Dont dis Sam.

He is one of the areas in which we are better than most in the NHL.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 01:51 PM
  #29
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
Yes, Tjutin and Ortmeyer for Lang to join the playoff express.
There was a time that comment would actually frighten me. Not anymore. This team is DONE and while Sather will make all the usual public pronouncements, he knows perfectly well what time it is.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 01:53 PM
  #30
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
i kind of dissapointed they pulled dunham. the chances of the score being run up for to 12 seems distant now.

rememer when broduer used to be able to stop the kinds of goals that he's let in today?
actually, i dont think many people would have stopped that jagr shot. but that rucinsky goal was very soft. dunham soft.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:00 PM
  #31
Mark Pavelich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
There was a time that comment would actually frighten me. Not anymore. This team is DONE and while Sather will make all the usual public pronouncements, he knows perfectly well what time it is.
All jokes aside, this will be a huge trade deadline for the future of the Rangers and we have a complete buffoon at the helm. Until "blames everything but himself" is gone there is no reason for hope.

Mark Pavelich is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:01 PM
  #32
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,663
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Anyone else just waiting for JD or Sam to finally say something honest? Something that we're all thinking? I mean after 7 years of no playoffs, I just want JD to finally say this team sucks. Or this team can't play D for ****. Or actually speak out against Sather, or at least the way this organization does business. I mean all you have to look at his how the Devils are compared to the Rangers. Diciplined, built from within, Defence #1 priority, truly a TEAM. They OWN the ****ing Rangers, a team that is the exact opposite of them...

RangersFan is online now  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:10 PM
  #33
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
All jokes aside, this will be a huge trade deadline for the future of the Rangers and we have a complete buffoon at the helm. Until "blames everything but himself" is gone there is no reason for hope.
That's why I'm hoping for a pick-based trade deadline. I'm not as sold on Dolan keeping Sather as almost everyone else is, so obviously if Sather goes at the end of the season, someone else is using the picks acquired at the deadline.

The other thing is this; even if Sather is around for the draft, I'd much rather he had more and higher picks with which to work. I have no confidence in his drafting ability, but I do know the higher and more often he picks, the more likely he'll at least get lucky.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:26 PM
  #34
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Anyone else just waiting for JD or Sam to finally say something honest? Something that we're all thinking? I mean after 7 years of no playoffs, I just want JD to finally say this team sucks. Or this team can't play D for ****. Or actually speak out against Sather, or at least the way this organization does business. I mean all you have to look at his how the Devils are compared to the Rangers. Diciplined, built from within, Defence #1 priority, truly a TEAM. They OWN the ****ing Rangers, a team that is the exact opposite of them...
JD: "Maybe management needs to look at the whole situation after a loss like this".

Sam & JD were talking about how the Rangers should probably be sellers at the deadline and should be looking to pick up draft picks/prospects. JD said that Sather understands the situation he's in, but doesn't want to admit that the season is over. Its not open criticism of the team, but at least you could tell Sam & JD understand whats going on and what needs to be done.

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:30 PM
  #35
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,828
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
JD: "Maybe management needs to look at the whole situation after a loss like this".

Sam & JD were talking about how the Rangers should probably be sellers at the deadline and should be looking to pick up draft picks/prospects. JD said that Sather understands the situation he's in, but doesn't want to admit that the season is over. Its not open criticism of the team, but at least you could tell Sam & JD understand whats going on and what needs to be done.
They're in a tough situation as well. Every game you can here the "Fire Sather" chants in the back. I'm sure that Sam and JD do have opinions about how disgraceful this franchise is right now. However, as announcers and employees of MSG network, it is partly their job to make sure that fans keep tuning in to their broadcasts. As such, they really can't say what they might truly feel. And I thought they actually made some good points today and said about as much as they could about how bad things are.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:33 PM
  #36
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
sam and jd dont need to say what we are all thinking. the crowd chants come through the tv loud enough.
the fact that every time there is a blow out the get very lax with the play by play and start talking about other teams is a sneaky way of doing that. today they were talking about the caps and their trades.

it's a level of class that espn doesnt have.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:43 PM
  #37
AXN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
JD: "Maybe management needs to look at the whole situation after a loss like this".

Sam & JD were talking about how the Rangers should probably be sellers at the deadline and should be looking to pick up draft picks/prospects. JD said that Sather understands the situation he's in, but doesn't want to admit that the season is over. Its not open criticism of the team, but at least you could tell Sam & JD understand whats going on and what needs to be done.
They never said draft picks and prospects. They need a new goalie. Dunham was Brutal. The first two goals should have been stopped.
Different players would be nice. Kovalev, Nedved and even Leetch should be traded. Get younger players that can play. They got enough stars who can't score.
The goaltending stinks so badly they have to give up 7 goals to the devils.

AXN is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:44 PM
  #38
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
That's why I'm hoping for a pick-based trade deadline. I'm not as sold on Dolan keeping Sather as almost everyone else is, so obviously if Sather goes at the end of the season, someone else is using the picks acquired at the deadline.

The other thing is this; even if Sather is around for the draft, I'd much rather he had more and higher picks with which to work. I have no confidence in his drafting ability, but I do know the higher and more often he picks, the more likely he'll at least get lucky.
All Sather does at the draft is stuff his face with ice cream. The guy was barely awake when Maloney and Renney wanted to introduce the kid they just drafted to him. Didn't you see the Rangers Inside, Out show?

Bure9* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:46 PM
  #39
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
That's why I'm hoping for a pick-based trade deadline. I'm not as sold on Dolan keeping Sather as almost everyone else is, so obviously if Sather goes at the end of the season, someone else is using the picks acquired at the deadline.

The other thing is this; even if Sather is around for the draft, I'd much rather he had more and higher picks with which to work. I have no confidence in his drafting ability, but I do know the higher and more often he picks, the more likely he'll at least get lucky.
I'd also like to see more picks acquired rather than other teams' prospects, but I dont think whether Sather is here come draft time has much to do with who we pick. Sather has nothing to do with the draft; the guy didnt even know who Jessiman was when he was going up on the podium to greet him. Its mainly the scouts who make the decisions along with Renney. Sather is just the figurehead and makes believe like he knows what he's doing by shaking everybody's hand when they get picked. And I dont think you can just fire all the scouts along with Sather because they've been traveling the world looking at players year-round. It would be a waste on both parts to get rid of them and bring in new guys who would have no idea who to draft.

Question: Isn't Sather's wife a scout for this team? How odd would it be if Sather got fired and she kept her job?

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:52 PM
  #40
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
It would be a waste on both parts to get rid of them and bring in new guys who would have no idea who to draft.
Depends whom you bring in. David Conte would walk in with his own scouting reports. So would any other director of scouting.

In any case the basic point remains; give to whomever the best and highest number of picks possible. Heck, I trust Christer Rockstrom to do some good things with picks.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 03:07 PM
  #41
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Funny how much we still talk about goaltending...

as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 03:13 PM
  #42
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.
When was the last time Dunham stole a game for the Rangers? Remember how the Rangers used to ride Richter? That won't happen with Dunham. He stinks. Way too inconsistent.

I should say that I am against trading for a goalie, though. The Rangers should be in a position to draft one of Montoya or Schwartz.


Last edited by Bure9*: 02-21-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Bure9* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 03:14 PM
  #43
GW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
At this point they should be send players like Ortmeyer back and start rotating Hartford players in and out of lineup for the experience

GW is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 03:23 PM
  #44
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
That would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
When was the last time Dunham stole a game for the Rangers? Remember how the Rangers used to ride Richter? That won't happen with Dunham. He stinks. Way too inconsistent.

I should say that I am against trading for a goalie, though. The Rangers should be in a position to draft one of Montoya or Schwartz.
the last time the Rangers played the Debbies. This team plays no semblance of defense. The goalie is hardly to blame for most of this crap we see on a nightly basis.

jas is online now  
Old
02-21-2004, 03:36 PM
  #45
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.


i might have been wrong in saying three, but fletch he's not even making easy saves anymore! the first one was shot from a bad angle and he let it in. thats stop 99 out of 100 times! the 100th being dunham. he doesn't steal games, as someone pointed out earlier, the defense is atrocious, thats not his fault but he's got to make the easy ones too. oh well, they need to do what we all hope for and thats to tear it down to the core and rebuild! pipe dream? yeah i think so!

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:09 PM
  #46
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
At this point they should be send players like Ortmeyer back and start rotating Hartford players in and out of lineup for the experience
Or perhaps they could bring up the entire Wolfpack team and see if they could do better?

Bruwinz37 is online now  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:30 PM
  #47
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Stole a game?

one may not think a goalie can steal a 6-2 game, but he basically stood on his head to keep the Rangers in the Islander game. Could've easily have been 4-2 Islanders, on the way to 6-2. It's absolutely ridiculous what a goalie needs to stand up to in the Rangers net. It's not worth the Rangers' time, effort, prospects or picks to bring in a goalie that will regularly steal a game, i.e., Richter circa the '97 playoffs. No shame in winning games as a result of the team in front of you playing well. Dunham's good enough for this team to be a playoff contender, granted not a win in the playoffs. The team in front of him has failed. He's good enough for this team next season, and perhaps good enough for Lundqvist to take things over...perhaps.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:52 PM
  #48
AXN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Or perhaps they could bring up the entire Wolfpack team and see if they could do better?
Bring up Dominic Moore. He can do better than Nedved. Trade Nedved and Dunham for a goalie. Maybe Khabibulin.

AXN is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
  #49
Smash255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Massapequa
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Anyone else just waiting for JD or Sam to finally say something honest? Something that we're all thinking? I mean after 7 years of no playoffs, I just want JD to finally say this team sucks. Or this team can't play D for ****. Or actually speak out against Sather, or at least the way this organization does business. I mean all you have to look at his how the Devils are compared to the Rangers. Diciplined, built from within, Defence #1 priority, truly a TEAM. They OWN the ****ing Rangers, a team that is the exact opposite of them...

Davidson saying something bad about the rangers for more than 10 seconds will never happen. Nothing is more obvious than how he comments that the Rangers were using their legs in the game vs Ottawa WHENIT WAS 7-1 OTTAWA!!!

Smash255 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
  #50
Smash255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Massapequa
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
as were the fans. I did happen to miss the first goal. But did Dunham have a chance on the next three? I think on one, Leetch and Poti, for some reason, both go after the guy with the puck leaving a Devil on Dunham's far side for an easy goal. On another, somehow Elias creates a one-on-one situation with Dunham, ultimately resulting in a goal. I forget the third by now, but I think it was a PP goal in which, as usual, there's noone clearing the front of the net.

But go ahead, let's blame goaltending for these blowouts and get a new goaltender, trading up for this guy, and we shouldn't be surprised when the results are not too different. I'm not for using a trading piece to get a new goaltender at this point. I'm into using trading pieces for help on defense, help at forward, picks and prospects.

The goaltending is crap, but your right the Rangers absolutley brutal defense is the biggest problem. Hell the defense may actually be worse than it was a few years ago & that defense made Richter look bad.

Smash255 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.