HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Who is Ottawa's best player?

View Poll Results: Who is Ottawa's best player?
Alfredsson 169 63.53%
Heatley 60 22.56%
Spezza 23 8.65%
Fisher 0 0%
Gerber 5 1.88%
Redden 9 3.38%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2008, 02:03 PM
  #101
Bob Kudelski
Registered User
 
Bob Kudelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,348
vCash: 500
Redden, totally.

Bob Kudelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
  #102
Michael Scofield
Registered User
 
Michael Scofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 500
between Spezza and Alfredsson for me.

i'd say Spezza because i think he's the slightly more complete player

Michael Scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 02:49 PM
  #103
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canuck Duck View Post
i'd say Spezza because i think he's the slightly more complete player
Than ALFREDSSON? Not a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
I don't remember Alfredsson being on pace for 50 goals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
Wasn't Alfie absent last year and this year too?
Didn't Alfie get a match penatly for intentionally shooting a puck at S.Niedermayer in the last seconds of the finals (from what I heard form my friend). You call that great leadership?

Not good at defense? So my card of him is wrong and Heatley did not get 68 takeaways in 06-07?

Spezza not shooting? So my card of him is wrong again about him having the second best shooting % in the leagur in 06-07 and getting 34 goals and being on pace for 44?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
FROM WHAT I HEARD FROM MY FRIEND
A summary proving you have no idea what you're talking about.


Last edited by DG: 08-12-2008 at 02:57 PM.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
  #104
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler
 
Jeffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Downsview
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,686
vCash: 500
Redden. He's so good, he's playing for two teams!

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 03:45 PM
  #105
Mackee
Registered User
 
Mackee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Alfredsson. Ottawa looks like a completely different team without him.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
  #106
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canuck Duck View Post
between Spezza and Alfredsson for me.

i'd say Spezza because i think he's the slightly more complete player

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
  #107
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,588
vCash: 500
Gerber FTW!!!!111!

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
  #108
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post

I comment on the IIHF beacuse you people say that Heatley has to play with Spezza to be a superstar
You people? I don't give a flying **** about what other people said in this thread. I'm the one you're quoting, not other people. I didn't say that Heatley needed to play with Spezza to be a superstar. I said Alfreddson was the Sens best player and when he was injured, both Heatley and Spezza **** the bed. It's true. I like Heatley, not sure why you're getting all pissed off because someone has a different opinion than yourself about who the best Sen is.

Do you actually know what the hell you're talking about regarding the Sens? It doesn't look like it from your posts.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 10:21 PM
  #109
Luongofan
 
Luongofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
You people? I don't give a flying **** about what other people said in this thread. I'm the one you're quoting, not other people. I didn't say that Heatley needed to play with Spezza to be a superstar. I said Alfreddson was the Sens best player and when he was injured, both Heatley and Spezza **** the bed. It's true. I like Heatley, not sure why you're getting all pissed off because someone has a different opinion than yourself about who the best Sen is.

Do you actually know what the hell you're talking about regarding the Sens? It doesn't look like it from your posts.
Wow, the 3rd person to to find out that I DON'T WATCH THE SENATORS and I don't care about them. I type from what I read at www.nhl.com. I mean, like, I was being sarcastic about being a Sens fan. I like 3 of their players and thats the only reason I even read the articles. I do really like Spezza though

Luongofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM
  #110
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greendale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
Wow, the 3rd person to to find out that I DON'T WATCH THE SENATORS and I don't care about them. I type from what I read at www.nhl.com. I mean, like, I was being sarcastic about being a Sens fan. I like 3 of their players and thats the only reason I even read the articles. I do really like Spezza though
lol...dont talk about stuff you dont know about

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
  #111
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine
 
Beyonder91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
to me its very clear

Alfy > Heatley > Spezza

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
  #112
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
Wow, the 3rd person to to find out that I DON'T WATCH THE SENATORS and I don't care about them. I type from what I read at www.nhl.com. I mean, like, I was being sarcastic about being a Sens fan. I like 3 of their players and thats the only reason I even read the articles. I do really like Spezza though
So, let me get this straight. You started a thread about a topic you don't care about and are arguing passionately about the subject, even though you know nothing about it?

Bravo, keep up the good work.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:23 AM
  #113
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
So, let me get this straight. You started a thread about a topic you don't care about and are arguing passionately about the subject, even though you know nothing about it?

Bravo, keep up the good work.
Hahaha, oh wow.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
  #114
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,319
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Hahaha, oh wow.
It wasn't a complete failure, at least it is set it stone that Alfie is our best player

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:56 PM
  #115
Luongofan
 
Luongofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
So, let me get this straight. You started a thread about a topic you don't care about and are arguing passionately about the subject, even though you know nothing about it?

Bravo, keep up the good work.
I care about three players and I wanted to know who other people think is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
Wow, the 3rd person to to find out that I DON'T WATCH THE SENATORS and I don't care about them. I type from what I read at www.nhl.com. I mean, like, I was being sarcastic about being a Sens fan. I like 3 of their players and thats the only reason I even read the articles. I do really like Spezza though

Luongofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
  #116
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
I care about three players and I wanted to know who other people think is the best.
I've read that Markus Naslund is a better all-around player than Roberto Luongo. Thoughts?

Well, I didn't read it... my friend told me.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
  #117
Luongofan
 
Luongofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
I've read that Markus Naslund is a better all-around player than Roberto Luongo. Thoughts?

Well, I didn't read it... my friend told me.
Your point is that I should get him to get an account at hfboards and make him tell it himself or do you want his phone number, email address, and address.

Luongofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
  #118
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongofan View Post
Your point is that I should get him to get an account at hfboards and make him tell it himself or do you want his phone number, email address, and address.
No, I believe you have a friend.

My point is it's hard for you to make a solid argument if all you're doing is basing it off what your friend told you. People who watch the Senators even occasionally can plainly see that at this point in time, Daniel Alfredsson is consistently the best and most important member of the team.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
  #119
Infinite Vision*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
No, I believe you have a friend.

My point is it's hard for you to make a solid argument if all you're doing is basing it off what your friend told you. People who watch the Senators even occasionally can plainly see that at this point in time, Daniel Alfredsson is consistently the best and most important member of the team.
It's true.

Infinite Vision* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
  #120
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 566
Um....why is Redden up there and how did he get votes?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 06:40 PM
  #121
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Um....why is Redden up there and how did he get votes?
Well, I have this friend.....

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
  #122
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Well, I have this friend.....

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:14 PM
  #123
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,738
vCash: 50
I'D take heatley

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
  #124
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,188
vCash: 500
5 votes for Gerber?
9 votes for Redden?

This doesn't help the credibility of these boards

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
  #125
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,319
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
5 votes for Gerber?
9 votes for Redden?

This doesn't help the credibility of these boards
I think the votes for Gerber, were because they thought he was the most important to the team which is crazy because Auld can replace him quite easily

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.