HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens Projected Lines per TSN

Old
08-11-2008, 09:02 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Canadiens Projected Lines per TSN

AKost-Plekanec-Kovalev-------------- (Understandable)
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay---------------- (SKost on third line? Tanguay RW?)
Latendresse-Lapierre-SKost----------- (Skost on third line? Lats LW?)
Begin-Chipchura-Kostopoulos/Laraque (Kosto and BGL spliting time? Kosto back to RW)

I found their Projections Wierd. I thought that Tanguay would be 1st LW dropping AKost down to play with his brother and Koivu. I thought Higgins and Chipper would be on the third to be shutdown forwards and have Lats playing on their RW. I thought we would keep Kosto on LW and give him full time there and Laraque full time on RW with Lapierre in the middle.

Just everything about their projections were a little off. I know we disgust lines alot but, thoughts?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
znk

I find that 2nd line interesting. It raises alot of questions as it could be used in a defensive role but it's definetly food for thought.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
le_sean

Well they'll try many different combos during pre-season. It's trying to fit Tanguay somewhere, that's the real question. But at least we know that the Kovalev line will perform, so they can always revert to that option if the offence is struggling.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:08 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well they'll try many different combos during pre-season. It's trying to fit Tanguay somewhere, that's the real question. But at least we know that the Kovalev line will perform, so they can always revert to that option if the offence is struggling.
I would like to see the different line combos they come up with also. but IMO the biggest line-up question mark was AKost or Tanguay on first line LW. Whatever combonations, our first two lines look to be a big offensive threat.

Old
08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
cottoneye

I actually like those lines a lot. IMO, S.Kost will be on the third line now because of Tanguay (at least at the beginning of the year). I also think he complements Lats nicely, better than Higgins would anyway(if he's the one you were thinking should go on the 3rd instead of S.Kost).

cottoneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:14 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Swap Tender and SK, i.e. Tender on the right and SK on the left and I find theses lines pretty sharp.

But I must question to the weakest link on that line being Lapierre...

I am unsure of Lapierre's offensive game. Chips offensive potential may be more suited.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Beakermania*

TSN is guessing just like all of us.... Carbo has given no indication of what the lines will be to start the preseason, and then preseason performance will dictate regular season lines.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
I would like to see the different line combos they come up with also. but IMO the biggest line-up question mark was AKost or Tanguay on first line LW. Whatever combonations, our first two lines look to be a big offensive threat.
I figure they will try to give Andrei K his "own" line this season. That is, take him away from Kovalev and put him back to his natural RW position, let him control/dictate the play since he's maturing. To me that would make the most sense, incase Kovalev does not return the year after, Andrei would have to be the go-to guy.

Old
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I agree with the threadstarter- these are my dream lines

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Kostitsyn-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Chipchura-Latendresse
Begin/Kostop-Lapierre-Laraque

Although knowing Carbo's reclusiveness to radical line changes, I doubt we see anything similar to that until at least Christmas

Although I REALLY want Chipchura-Latendresse back together...they compliment each other very well when they played together

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Ross MacLochness

I'd be very interested in seeing those lines but swapping AKost for Tanguay and Lapierre for Chips.

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-A Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Chipchura-S Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Laraques

Both Kostitsyns get to be the go to guy on their line offensively. It gets Andrei back on the right side without the Plekanec-Kovalev duo losing anything.

We know Akost-Plekanec-Kovalev will be dynamite, but if Andrei continues his to develope the way he's capable of this could give us 2 amazing lines (4 possible 30 goal scorers in Pleks, Kovy, Higgins, A Kost... all 6 of these guys can skate, handle the puck well and pass the puck extremely well) a very decent third line with the crafty Sergei making plays, Latendresse with the size and soft hands, and Chipchura taking care of business defensively. And who doesn't like that 4th line?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
I figure they will try to give Andrei K his "own" line this season. That is, take him away from Kovalev and put him back to his natural RW position, let him control/dictate the play since he's maturing. To me that would make the most sense, incase Kovalev does not return the year after, Andrei would have to be the go-to guy.
So like

Tanguay-Pleks-Kovalev<<Kovalev's lin
SKost/Higgins-Koivu-Akost <<<<<this would be AKost's line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I'd be very interested in seeing those lines but swapping AKost for Tanguay and Lapierre for Chips.

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-A Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Chipchura-S Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Laraques

Both Kostitsyns get to be the go to guy on their line offensively. It gets Andrei back on the right side without the Plekanec-Kovalev duo losing anything.

We know Akost-Plekanec-Kovalev will be dynamite, but if Andrei continues his to develope the way he's capable of this could give us 2 amazing lines (4 possible 30 goal scorers in Pleks, Kovy, Higgins, A Kost... all 6 of these guys can skate, handle the puck well and pass the puck extremely well) a very decent third line with the crafty Sergei making plays, Latendresse with the size and soft hands, and Chipchura taking care of business defensively. And who doesn't like that 4th line?
Latendresse is a natural RW and SKost (So ive heard) is a natural LW so if you just switch them. then this looks good

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-11-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
TSN is guessing just like all of us.... Carbo has given no indication of what the lines will be to start the preseason, and then preseason performance will dictate regular season lines.
+1000

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
VanNistelrooy

If anything doesn't work i would try :

Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - AKost
Latendresse - Lapierre - Laraque (LaLaLa line)
SKost - Chipchura - Kostopoulos

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Latendresse is a natural RW and SKost (So ive heard) is a natural LW so if you just switch them. then this looks good
I'm pretty sure I've heard both say it doesn't matter to them which side they play on but I agree, let them decide amongst themselves where they want to play... it doesn't make a difference to me.

Old
08-11-2008, 09:30 PM
znk

I'm of the school of thought that wants to keep the Kost bros seperated. Give them time togheter as a carrot like last season. When ever they are paired they give that little extra. But if they were paired for a season they would get to comfortable.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Is there anybody on here who thought this somehow came from Carbo and is the guaranteed opening night lineup?

Old
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM

LOL

SK with Latendresse and Lapierre is a WASTE!

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:33 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
AKost-Plekanec-Kovalev-------------- (Understandable)
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay---------------- (SKost on third line? Tanguay RW?)
Latendresse-Lapierre-SKost----------- (Skost on third line? Lats LW?)
Begin-Chipchura-Kostopoulos/Laraque (Kosto and BGL spliting time? Kosto back to RW)

I found their Projections Wierd. I thought that Tanguay would be 1st LW dropping AKost down to play with his brother and Koivu. I thought Higgins and Chipper would be on the third to be shutdown forwards and have Lats playing on their RW. I thought we would keep Kosto on LW and give him full time there and Laraque full time on RW with Lapierre in the middle.

Just everything about their projections were a little off. I know we disgust lines alot but, thoughts?
No Sundin ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 09:55 PM
kovalost27

The Top 6 is going to be really abstract until the season starts. If Sundin signs, we would have a better understanding onto how the lines would be set up
Tanguay - Sundin - S Kostitsyn
A Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Latendresse/Kostopoulos - Koivu - Higgins
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque

However, if Sundin doesnt sign, that leaves Montreal with 7 possible Top 6 players and like usual, the best players/chemistry get the best spots.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
otto bond

Quote:
I see no problem with kostitsyn playing with Kovalev! This was basicly our top line last year so what is the dought?
Sure there will be a time that Andree will play with out Kovy but what's the rush?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 10:11 PM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I'm of the school of thought that wants to keep the Kost bros seperated. Give them time togheter as a carrot like last season. When ever they are paired they give that little extra. But if they were paired for a season they would get to comfortable.
Why is that? I don't think the Sedins get too comfortable because they play together...I think it would be quite the opposite.

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post
Why is that? I don't think the Sedins get too comfortable because they play together...I think it would be quite the opposite.
I'm thinking that it's not a issue for them. They are just happy with playing on the same team. On the same line must be just pure joy but they seem to have made their own path. They are not twins either. So on the same line or not, they are on our team and would want to chose just one. them being brother just makes it better for the tals!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I see no problem with kostitsyn playing with Kovalev! This was basicly our top line last year so what is the dought?
Sure there will be a time that Andree will play with out Kovy but what's the rush?
To have two explosive and dangerous lines at all times. Last year, though the offence was spread out, the Kovy line was the only one that posed a huge threat when out there. If you throw Tanguay with Kovy and Plekanec you have maybe an even scarier line, then throw Andrei on the 2nd, who was at a PPG pace the last half, to give teams nightmares. He just needs to go to his natural position sometime and be a team leader. Right now he's letting Kovalev do the work and is complimenting him. People need to compliment Andrei, he has the skill and just needed the confidence which he got last year.

Old
08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Tanguay said in an interview on the night of the trade, on the show La Zone on SRC, that he can play RW as well as LW. I think the show is archived on the SRC site if you don't believe me. If it's true that he's comfortable there, even though I can't recall him ever playing RW as a NHLer, it would be excellent.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
muzion

I find that the projected lineup per TSN makes a lot of sense, and could very well be our starting lineup on opening night. Only thing I see is that Chipchura could beat out Lapierre as the 3rd center. As a fan, I'd rather see A Kost play on Koivu's RW on the second line but I doubt it'll happen.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote