HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens Projected Lines per TSN

Old
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
I like the youth the energy and the mix of talent there is in the Latendresse-Lapierre-SKost line. Sure there might be a vet lacking on the line but at least this way they all might share the puck and they can all play there own style of hockey not having to worry that a vet will be behind there back if they don't pass them the puck or make a mistake making the vet player look bad. I'm always a little worried putting 3 young kids on the same line but I think that the 3 of them have enough experience that it should not be a problem.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Talent Analyst

Tanguay said that he will have no problem to play RW.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/257747.html

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Tanguay said that he will have no problem to play RW.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/257747.html
crap, i would of hoped that Tanguay would want to stay LW so that he could play with Koivu and Latendresse and our 3rd line would be Higgins-Chipchura-S.kost, witch would be an amaising 2-way line

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 05:02 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
crap, i would of hoped that Tanguay would want to stay LW so that he could play with Koivu and Latendresse and our 3rd line would be Higgins-Chipchura-S.kost, witch would be an amaising 2-way line
Agree with you on all fronts.

I think Higgins said he didn't mind to play RW not that he insisted on playing RW.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
ekof232

vCash: 1195
In my eyes, the most important thing for our squad will be to get a good chemistry going on all lines. I wouldn't mind seeing Kovalev (or anyone else) in a second or third line, if it meant better overall production from everyone.

We have the offensive punch neeed, we just need to let it work, allow everyone's talent to sift through and mesh, and let our players build their own rhytm while implimenting our system, that's all.

If we manage to get good chemistry going, and stay relatively healthy, we'll be a pretty strong team this year.

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Lats already has strong chemistry with both SKost and Chips, so unless Sundin signs here, you can expect Higgins to play with Tanguay and Koivu and besides, not sure Lats is ready for the full time duty of playing against one of the top-two lines of the opposing team. Yes he does have the offensive abilities, but is still lacking in the defensive department, too much so for that line.

Funny how the only ones who don't see it this way are the Lats fanboys. TSN and RDS both stated that it's most likely that Higgins will play with Tanguay and Koivu.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Lats already has strong chemistry with both SKost and Chips, so unless Sundin signs here, you can expect Higgins to play with Tanguay and Koivu and besides, not sure Lats is ready for the full time duty of playing against one of the top-two lines of the opposing team. Yes he does have the offensive abilities, but is still lacking in the defensive department, too much so for that line.

Funny how the only ones who don't see it this way are the Lats fanboys. TSN and RDS both stated that it's most likely that Higgins will play with Tanguay and Koivu.
1) Carbo has said nothing... TSN and RDS are guessing just like we are.

Besides I still prefer

Higgins - Pleks - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - AKost

2) Carbo loves juggling lines... I'm sure we'll see plenty of combos in preseason before we know what we have for game 1 of the regular season.... and im sure we'll see new combos along the way too.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekof232 View Post
In my eyes, the most important thing for our squad will be to get a good chemistry going on all lines. I wouldn't mind seeing Kovalev (or anyone else) in a second or third line, if it meant better overall production from everyone.

We have the offensive punch neeed, we just need to let it work, allow everyone's talent to sift through and mesh, and let our players build their own rhytm while implimenting our system, that's all.

If we manage to get good chemistry going, and stay relatively healthy, we'll be a pretty strong team this year.
Carbo doesn"t have this first-second-third line mentality. He gives ice-time to the guys who are deserving it. He wants to have good offensive output from his three main lines and good defensive coverage from ALL his lines combinations. Those three lines would ideally have the same amount of ice-time at 5 on 5 , + extra minutes for his PP units.

All Carbo needs now is a two-way (so called) third line center who can generate some offence. That would be solved by Sundin's arrival. If not, Lapierre, Chipchura or a vet UFA will have to center that line.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:08 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
AKost-Plekanec-Kovalev-------------- (Understandable)
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay---------------- (SKost on third line? Tanguay RW?)
Latendresse-Lapierre-SKost----------- (Skost on third line? Lats LW?)
Begin-Chipchura-Kostopoulos/Laraque (Kosto and BGL spliting time? Kosto back to RW)

I found their Projections Wierd. I thought that Tanguay would be 1st LW dropping AKost down to play with his brother and Koivu. I thought Higgins and Chipper would be on the third to be shutdown forwards and have Lats playing on their RW. I thought we would keep Kosto on LW and give him full time there and Laraque full time on RW with Lapierre in the middle.

Just everything about their projections were a little off. I know we disgust lines alot but, thoughts?
Again...Guillaume Latendresse will never be a regular RW in the NHL. Hes neither a good enough dangler or fast enough to be good on his off-side.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
dutchy29

Well I think Higgins will have to prove pretty early whether he deserves to be on the second line or not, I think he can but he would be the first to drop if his production doesnt improve from last season.
BGL will probably play a role intermittently on the 1st, 2nd and 4th lines.
I hope Chipchura gets a real chance to play a full season.
Kostopolus and BGL will probably play lots as Begin is quite injury prone anymore.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
**** off, Tanguay. Stay LW. Andrei Kostitsyn should be going to RW.

****kkkk, get the hint GUY!

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
1) Carbo has said nothing... TSN and RDS are guessing just like we are.

Besides I still prefer

Higgins - Pleks - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - AKost

2) Carbo loves juggling lines... I'm sure we'll see plenty of combos in preseason before we know what we have for game 1 of the regular season.... and im sure we'll see new combos along the way too.
Where did I say Carbo said this??? I said ""TSN and RDS both stated that it's most likely"", which they did. That didn't imply anything else, just saying most people see the logic of having Higgins on the two first lines especially since he was 3rd for goals on the team last season.

Oh, and I do expect the lines to change often, but you'll see Higgins much more regularly on the top6 than Lats, unless of injuries. I'm just tired of the old gimmick of putting Higgins on the 3rd so the messiah Latendresse can get his spot on the top 6 which he isn't fully ready for yet.

I do agree on those lines, as it would put Akost on his natural side and also, Higgy is more suited for the front of the net as AKost is doing on the KPK line as AKost is more suited to do something similar to what Kovy does on the right side, but I'm guessing if all else fails, Carbo will gladly go back to the trio which did great things last season, the PKP line.

And Lats does have good chemistry with both Chips and SKost, so we'll probably see that line along the way.

I mean, all this is speculative as Sundin might still come here. Just tired of seeing Lats being put where he's still not ready to go. All in due time. Also, his game might be better and he could make the top 6, but if we concentrate on what has been done in the last season, Higgins belongs on the top 6 and Lats won't take his place until he has proven he can do more than get offensive stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Again...Guillaume Latendresse will never be a regular RW in the NHL. Hes neither a good enough dangler or fast enough to be good on his off-side.
With the right elements on the line with him and the proper experience and development, he could get threre, but he's a long way from there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Well I think Higgins will have to prove pretty early whether he deserves to be on the second line or not, I think he can but he would be the first to drop if his production doesnt improve from last season.
BGL will probably play a role intermittently on the 1st, 2nd and 4th lines.
I hope Chipchura gets a real chance to play a full season.
Kostopolus and BGL will probably play lots as Begin is quite injury prone anymore.
Huh????

27 goals on the second line, which was also the 3rd highest goal scorer on the team, with a career high of 53 points, playing most of the year with the underachiever who left for Boston?????

Yet he should be relegated downwards if he doesn't improve when he's already shown improvement in the last season???

You're kidding right?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-14-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Where did I say Carbo said this??? I said ""TSN and RDS both stated that it's most likely"", which they did. That didn't imply anything else, just saying most people see the logic of having Higgins on the two first lines especially since he was 3rd for goals on the team last season.
My point was not to imply that you said that Carbo said it. My point is that you are taking the word of TSN and RDS on our line combos as the word of god. TSN and RDS knows little more than any poster on these boards at this point. Its not like Carbo has said anything about what he will do, or the habs are having practices that TSN can watch to figure out the lines.

Their Game Day lines are accurate cause they get to speak to the coaches and go to practice. Their lines right now are guesses at best.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote