HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nylander On The Move? → Selling House

Old
08-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
This may end up being nothing. I remember a few years back Nabokov had his house on the market and people were speculating. In the end I think him and Dana Stubblefield traded houses or something. I remember seeing in the newspaper " E. Nabokov sells house to D. Stubblefield" and then later reading "D. Stubblefield sells house to E. Nabokov" or something to that effect.
Yeah, I remember that aswell, but the last time I heard of someone putting their house up for sale it was Dan Boyle and he went from the east coast to the west coast, so you never know.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Passthedonuts

Uggh, people are reading into this WAY too much.

Reminds me of the time in like 2002 or 2003 when Todd Bertuzzi was at his prime and put his house in West Vancouver on the market. The media was all over it. "Has Bertuzzi asked for a trade?!" they asked. It was the top story on the 6:00 news. They made contact with his agent, the team etc.

When they finally got ahold of him the next day, his response was, "We just wanted to cash in on the hot real estate market."

He ended up selling and re-locating to another area of Vancouver.

Passthedonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
BamaCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
What do the Caps need most?
D...

BamaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

I fall in the minority of Caps fans who think they should deal him. I understand wanting the depth at center and having to rely on a 38 year old Fedorov to be your 2nd center this season...but I'm just looking at the final 3 years of that deal and thinking what else that money could be used on besides Nylander.

I was never excited they brought him back but I understood why they did. I would also understand why they would see if he would want to waive his NMC to help free up room under the cap (Not that I think they are doing that...but it would make sense from a management perspective).

All that being said...I don't think he's going anywhere...at least for this coming season.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
chef223

Mccabe , Poni to Washington, Nylander and a prospect back to toronto.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Blame all this on the old guys who are all collectively sitting on their butts...
Sakic, Sundin and Selanne who are humming and hawing on what the hell
they want to do... Retire or play again

They are clogging up the bowels of the NHL trade market... and once these guys
decide, then the flood gates will be open and the teams over the cap wanting
to move players like... Nylander, Havlat, Habby, Schneider, Knuble... will be finally
able to do so.

But until these guys decide... probably in a couple weeks, nothing will happen
Selanne and Niedermayer did it last year...I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they all took the Roger Clemens route and come back mid season, make great money and not have to put their aging body's through the gruling long season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Mccabe , Poni to Washington, Nylander and a prospect back to toronto.
McCabe was the first thought that came into my mind. I just couldn't figure out how both teams could do it in a way that worked for them. Washington needs to gain cap space and McCabe alone is a bigger hit then Nylander. I thought more along the lines of Nylander & Poti for McCabe and some picks or prospects, but Toronto can't afford to give up picks or prospects.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Selanne and Niedermayer did it last year...I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they all took the Roger Clemens route and come back mid season, make great money and not have to put their aging body's through the gruling long season.

McCabe was the first thought that came into my mind. I just couldn't figure out how both teams could do it in a way that worked for them. Washington needs to gain cap space and McCabe alone is a bigger hit then Nylander. I thought more along the lines of Nylander & Poti for McCabe and some picks or prospects, but Toronto can't afford to give up picks or prospects.

Poti>McCabe.

Poti was the Caps best defensive d-man last year. He's not getting traded.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
txpd

Nylander selling his house in Maryland might well mean that he wants to pay Virginia state income taxes rather than Maryland's. When Nylander first played for the Capitals all the players lived in Maryland.

The Caps moved practice facilities from Maryland to Virginia and with that came the option of living in Virginia where the taxes are significantly less.

Were Nylander a pending free agent and the season halfway over, this might carry some weight.

This, however, means squat.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
GossomeRwing

let just say Nylander is willing to waive his NMC to go to Vancouver
Former agent is their gm maybe they say he will play on the top line... for whatever reason
With that in mind would this be a fair trade
Washinhton trades
Nylander, Jurcina Fleischmann and a 3rd rd pick
to Vancouver for
Ohlund and Kesler

Vancouver gets a
top line center
a 3- 4 Dman
Fleischmann can play wing or center

Washington get a legitimate experienced top 4 D-Man
a center who should be able to step up when Fedorov needs a break (back to back games)

Vancouver gets the pick since their players are younger if you give up youth I am guessing you want some youth back

I think both teams come out far more balanced

GossomeRwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing View Post
Former agent is their gm maybe they say he will play on the top line... for whatever reason
Washinhton trades
to Vancouver for
Ohlund and Kesler

Vancouver gets a
top line center
a 3- 4 Dman

a center who should be able to step up when Fedorov needs a break (back to back games)

Vancouver gets the pick since their players are younger if you give up youth I am guessing you want some youth back

Sorry man...i don't think you will see Kesler getting moved for anything other than overpayment.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Askel

Quote:
Washinhton trades
to Vancouver for
Ohlund and Kesler

Vancouver gets a
top line center
a 3- 4 Dman

Kesler would noy be included Ohlund alone is worth more than that. Jurcina is nothing special and fleishman is crap. The 2 best players go to washington.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Washinhton trades
to Vancouver for
Ohlund and Kesler

Vancouver gets a
top line center
a 3- 4 Dman

Yeah Vancouver's going to trade their best defenseman for an aging glass groin Nylander, a subpar Jurcina and project Fleischmann, not to mention the only bright spot on the forwards from last year, Ryan Kesler, and that all important 3rd round pick.

It isn't a fair trade at all. Vancouver will never move Kesler or Ohlund in a package with Nylander as its centerpiece.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:12 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Yeah Vancouver's going to trade their best defenseman for an aging glass groin Nylander, a subpar Jurcina and project Fleischmann, not to mention the only bright spot on the forwards from last year, Ryan Kesler, and that all important 3rd round pick.

It isn't a fair trade at all. Vancouver will never move Kesler or Ohlund in a package with Nylander as its centerpiece.
Where are you getting this? Nylander's only health issue was his shoulder, which is back to 100%. He doesn't have a history of injuries (at least not when he can stay away from Yonkman ). He's less injury-prone than Ohlund, really...

That said, I agree the trade is too one-sided. Fleischmann is a real unknown, still, with a bit of upside but who's time is running out. Jurcina is all but useless (although I still hold up some hope that he can bounce back to his '07 form, in which case he'd be great).

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
VaSabresFan

Nylander's cap hit is about 4.85 and the Caps are already 2.25 over the cap. So if they moved Nylander it would probably be for picks and prospects, unless it was a package deal because they can not take on much more salary.

VaSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSabresFan View Post
Nylander's cap hit is about 4.85 and the Caps are already 2.25 over the cap. So if they moved Nylander it would probably be for picks and prospects, unless it was a package deal because they can not take on much more salary.
I know. Some people think that he'll be kept. But somebody has to go. Could be V-Koz...

TOML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
I know. Some people think that he'll be kept. But somebody has to go. Could be V-Koz...
If you read this post here you'll see that nobody needs to get traded from Washington at least not for now.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...9&postcount=78

They MAY make a minor move during training camp but they can easily make it work without trading away Nylander.

At worst they'll have to trade away a player like Brashear or Bradley but it all really comes down to whether or not Alzner makes the team.

From everything I've read it seems that Pothier is more then likely going to miss the entire season and if that's true then the Capitals aren't in that much trouble afterall.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSabresFan View Post
Pothier's going on LTIR, so they'd only be over by ~900K, and that's only if/when Alzner makes the team. If Lepisto takes his spot (which isn't that likely), we're just under.

So we can afford to take a roster player back, as long as they're a bit cheaper. A mil or two (to build some breathing room) in savings is good, if it has to be done.

I still think moving Nylander now would be a mistake, and doubt he would consent in the first place.

Old
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
txpd

ah...another trade thread where its an invitation to slam the capitals.
Nylander isn't going to be traded. Jurcina might be, but I doubt it. The Caps used defensemen 9 deep on the depth chart last season.

Pothier is already on LTIR and has been back to draft day. The Caps only real salary cap issue is clearing enough space to have some flexibility come the trade deadline.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 02:33 PM
GossomeRwing

I didn't know Kesler was such a important cog in Vancouver
let just take Kesler out of the trade

Nylander, Jurcina, Fleischmann and a 3rd for Ohlund and Shannon
Is that close to being a fair trade now?

Jurcina doesn't need to be special he just needs to be able to played on the 2nd D-man pairing I am sure he is capable of that
Vancouver has already spent a pretty penny on the D already and with Edler play I would guess he is in for a decent pay-day next season
Mitchell 3.5
Bieksa 4.25
Salo 3.75
Elder .550
Krajicek 1.1
Jurcina is only making 912,000 I would call that peanuts for a 3-4 D-man
Heck even if they had him as the 5th D-man, 912,000 really isn't that much money

GossomeRwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
If you read this post here you'll see that nobody needs to get traded from Washington at least not for now.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...9&postcount=78

They MAY make a minor move during training camp but they can easily make it work without trading away Nylander.

At worst they'll have to trade away a player like Brashear or Bradley but it all really comes down to whether or not Alzner makes the team.

From everything I've read it seems that Pothier is more then likely going to miss the entire season and if that's true then the Capitals aren't in that much trouble afterall.
Ah right. But is Pothier done?

Old
08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
nautikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Ah right. But is Pothier done?
Yes. Unfortunately, he can't even play with his kids without getting a headache.

nautikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
I didn't know Kesler was such a important cog in Vancouver
let just take Kesler out of the trade

Nylander, Jurcina, Fleischmann and a 3rd for Ohlund and Shannon
Is that close to being a fair trade now?

Jurcina doesn't need to be special he just needs to be able to played on the 2nd D-man pairing I am sure he is capable of that
Vancouver has already spent a pretty penny on the D already and with Edler play I would guess he is in for a decent pay-day next season
Mitchell 3.5
Bieksa 4.25
Salo 3.75
Elder .550
Krajicek 1.1
Jurcina is only making 912,000 I would call that peanuts for a 3-4 D-man
Heck even if they had him as the 5th D-man, 912,000 really isn't that much money
It depends which Jurcina you're getting. Jurcina of 07 was a hitting machine, a physical force with a powerful slapshot. Jurcina from 08 was a waste, not aggressive enough, bad positioning, didn't ever use his shot, not a good passer, terrible decision maker.

Jurcina of 07 is a capable second pairing guy, and is the guy that was a steal when the Caps got him from Boston.

Jurcina from 08 is a barely adequate #6, if that, and is the guy the Bruins dumped on the Caps for a 4th rounder (or so I imagine).

I'd like to think Jurcina can get his game back next year, and who knows, he may be the kind of guy that can really go all out in a new environment. But have no illusions, he's far from a sure thing as a #4.

Old
08-15-2008, 03:45 PM
MarryMarner

McCabe for Nylander?

Antropov-Sundin-Kulemin
Steen-Nylander-Tlusty
Blake-Stajan-Hagman
Mayers-Moore-Bell/Devereaux/Hollwegg

Kaberle-Kubina
Finger-Colaiacovo
Frogren-Stralman

Toskala
Joseph

MarryMarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautikal View Post
Yes. Unfortunately, he can't even play with his kids without getting a headache.
Man. That's a sad story.

Old
08-16-2008, 08:58 AM
SML

Nylander has like 6 kids. It's possible the hut got too small for the tribe. If he has a NMC, I don't see how this is a prelude to anything other than him having a new house.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote