HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rank the Atlantic division final standings...

Old
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
okay, i know they arent sure things, but they still do asure a need. Redden > Malik, Backman. and I bet you by Mid-February most of Rangerland will love Voros just as much as Avery. Naslund also played on a defensive team, while playing out of position. i really do question your hockey knowledge my friend.
Oh stop with your excuses with Naslund. A poster came on here and posted he had the same amount of shots and scoring chances as he had almost every year in Vancouver and that means nothing to you? Maybe the guy had an off year OR it could very well mean we got another player with his best years way behind him.

And to be honest I don't care what you think about my hockey knowledge. I know what I know and that the Pens are the better team now and they were the better team last April. It's not my fault you don't like to hear such things.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Radek27

Quote:
wow, just wow. I DONT THINK THE RANGERS WILL WIN THE DIVISION LOOK AT MY POST! jesus christ dude.
So then why are you giving me crap if you agree with me then? Shalaka laka dude!

Old
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
So then why are you giving me crap if you agree with me then? Shalaka laka dude!
Because you think the Pens will get 118pts, i was just arguing saying that your highly overrating them, and then you go on nonsense about how there so much better. honestly i couldnt careless about "How much better they are than us" Because even if Mario Friggen Lemieux came out of Retirment and played for them, they still wont hit 110pts.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Because you think the Pens will get 118pts, i was just arguing saying that your highly overrating them, and then you go on nonsense about how there so much better. honestly i couldnt careless about "How much better they are than us" Because even if Mario Friggen Lemieux came out of Retirment and played for them, they still wont hit 110pts.
Fair enough. But you have to admit they are a very fun team to watch play. Crosby/Malkin is going to be something special this year I think. To me it's all about MA Fluery and if he keeps getting better and doesn't regress that team is going to be very dangerous and 110pts isn't out of the question. I just don't think it's that far as a stretch that your making it out to be. Not as far as the Rangers getting 95+ pts this year atleast.

Old
08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Garfinkel1

All I have to say is
Point total
102 points...Penguins of 07 > Penguins 08.. 94-97 like the Rangers.
097 points...Rangers of 07 < Rangers of 08...I would say 94-97 points this year.

If you think the penguins are going to win 9 more games this year.. I think your crazy
They went 47-27-8, so if we leave the OT the way it is. They need to go 57-18-08. That means every 10 games they need to win 7 games consistently. You guys go in a 'slump' and win only 5, the next 10 games good luck getting 9 so you can keep on pace. This is probably why Gong is taken aback. This guy honestly believes his Penguins will get 118 points. Lets try and be realistic on the forums here.

And if Crosby, Malkin, Fleury get's hurt this year. good luck keeping that pace.

EDIT:Oh, one more thing..Just a thought. Since the Atlantic Division is so tough and with the new schedule we don't have to play each other so much. Should we expect a point increase in our division' teams?

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 08-13-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 07:53 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
All I have to say is
Point total
097 points...Rangers of 07 < Rangers of 08...I would say 94-97 points this year.

If you think the penguins are going to win 9 more games this year.. I think your crazy
They went 47-27-8, so if we leave the OT the way it is. They need to go 57-18-08. That means every 10 games they need to win 7 games consistently. You guys go in a 'slump' and win only 5, the next 10 games good luck getting 9 so you can keep on pace. This is probably why Gong is taken aback. This guy honestly believes his Penguins will get 118 points. Lets try and be realistic on the forums here.

And if Crosby, Malkin, Fleury get's hurt this year. good luck keeping that pace.
First, you haven't quoted anyone, so you're referring to the Penguins as "you guys" on a Rangers board. Second, this guy who predicts the Pens to get 118 points and is so adamant that the Rangers won't be as good is not only not a Pens fan to my knowledge, but also is located in New Jersey.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
All I have to say is
Point total

EDIT:Oh, one more thing..Just a thought. Since the Atlantic Division is so tough and with the new schedule we don't have to play each other so much. Should we expect a point increase in our division' teams?

How do you figure the Atlantic Division is tough? The Devils and Isles are not that good and the Rangers took a step back. I don't see this division as being tough anymore. I think the Devils will have a very poor season. To me this is why over 110 pts is so realistic, the other teams in the division got that much weaker and they should have more head to head wins this year earning more points. When was the last time all 3 metro teams missed the playoffs? Could happen this year.

Old
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Rangers2319

vCash: 1039
pittsburgh has to be the most overrated team in the NHL, just b/c they have crosby people think instant stanley cup.. remember we were equal to them last year before hossa, BUT when they traded for hossa they traded away couple of good young players they also lost big man george lacroix via free agency (however you spell it) so in my eyes they are a weaker team this year than last year so with that being said

devils - 98pts
rangers - 96pts
flyers - 96pts
penguins - 94pts
islanders 72pts

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post

Now let's look at ours:
Gomez- Yes
Zherdev- ?
Drury- Yes
Naslund- ?
Dawes- No
Prucha()- No
Dubinsky- No
I'm sorry, I'll give you Gomez and Drury. Zherdev and Naslund are probables. But in no way are Prucha, Dawes and Duby consistent.

Edit: I just realised this was on the Rangers board. I will silently bow my head and leave now.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I'm sorry, I'll give you Gomez and Drury. Zherdev and Naslund are probables. But in no way are Prucha, Dawes and Duby consistent.

Edit: I just realised this was on the Rangers board. I will silently bow my head and leave now.
Dubinsky was so consistant they moved him up to the first line. Dawes, he was hit or miss. But it would hot streak, cold streak. Regardless, How many players net 14 goals their first full season, let alone 61 games and 2 playoff goals in 10 games. Regardless, he scores goals and he scores big goals while still being a smart passer.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
First, you haven't quoted anyone, so you're referring to the Penguins as "you guys" on a Rangers board. Second, this guy who predicts the Pens to get 118 points and is so adamant that the Rangers won't be as good is not only not a Pens fan to my knowledge, but also is located in New Jersey.
I'm not a Pens fan I'm a Ranger fan. Just because I think the Pens are better doesn't make me a Pens fan. You can like other teams and still follow your favorite. I just don't think my team or any other in this division are as good as the Pens.

Old
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm not a Pens fan I'm a Ranger fan. Just because I think the Pens are better doesn't make me a Pens fan. You can like other teams and still follow your favorite. I just don't think my team or any other in this division are as good as the Pens.
Not sure if you didn't see, but that's what I said.

Old
08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
pittsburgh has to be the most overrated team in the NHL, just b/c they have crosby people think instant stanley cup.. remember we were equal to them last year before hossa, BUT when they traded for hossa they traded away couple of good young players they also lost big man george lacroix via free agency (however you spell it) so in my eyes they are a weaker team this year than last year so with that being said

devils - 98pts
rangers - 96pts
flyers - 96pts
penguins - 94pts
islanders 72pts
I know, Lacroix was a game-breaker...

Old
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post

know your place Devil Fan

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Rangers2319

vCash: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
I know, Lacroix was a game-breaker...
he was a solid phyiscal player, who will protect cry baby crosby now?

go back to your own board looking at your avy makes me puke

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 08:30 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:

Eric Godard. I'm not really causing trouble, I thought I'd just throw my input in, since it seemed like a friendly enough start. Especially since I began by standing up for the Rangers squad, contending with a Rangers fan in the process.

And it's Laraque.

Old
08-13-2008, 09:22 PM
NYR27

just to throw in my 2 cents

philly
pitt/NYR
Pitt/NYR
NJ
NYI

pitt doesnt scare me like they used to and here is why:

they gave up the world for Hossa and did not get him back. Sid will be Sid and Malkin will be Malkin, but beyond that, lets take a look:

MAF is unstable and got REALLY hot at the right time - reminds me of the Giants of last season and nobody is thinking they are the next big thing because of it

Staal is a solid player but not a superstar, he is consistant but to me is not a real gamebreaker, just when you cannot focus on him because of his linemates, he can hurt you.

Orpik and Gill are good but its a lot to ask of them to carry an otherwise average defense

Gary Roberts (old as he may be) and Ryan Malone were the heartbeat of that team. They were the ones digging/scrapping and getting dirty. Look who they replaced them with - Miro Satan - who is a soft player and Ruslan Fedetenko who is steady but on a serious decline since he was a SOLID player with TB

pitt will be good on the shoulders of their stars, but they are certainly not as good as last year and definitely not the juggernaut some people are making them out to be

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Pittsburgh-101
Rangers-98
Flyers-97
Devils-94
Islanders-0

Top 4 are playoff teams.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:

Laraque was never much of a protector/enforcer

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
Gary Roberts (old as he may be) and Ryan Malone were the heartbeat of that team.
if Pittsburgh is in trouble for losing Roberts, I can't imagine how much trouble we'll be in for losing Shanahan

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
NYR27

apples and oranges, shanny is a sniper who occasionally could mix it up when necessary

roberts is a mixup guy who occasionally would chip in. shanny was never and inspiration anywhere but in the locker room or in the goal celebration huddle

roberts was a fan fav and will be a bigger loss than a lot of people realize

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
lol@Pittsburgh getting 118 points. They are probably still the best team in the division simply because of Crosby and Malkin, but the gap between them and the rest of the division is extremely close in my opinion.

I see them winning the division right now. They gained alot of good experience last season and if Crosby stays healthy, he's going to have a tremendous season. I'm going to also say that the Rangers get 2nd and Sather's risky moves pay off big time. I think it's a good core group and I just see Brandon Dubinsky making The Leap this season.

Right behind us is Philly, and that's no disrespect to a Flyers team that is really talented on both ends of the ice. I just think their defense is a bit of a question mark, but they have an excellent goalie and they will have no problem scoring goals.

The Devils will once again make the playoffs, but I think their days of dominating this division are coming to an end. I'm not that impressed with their moves this off-season and as great as Brodeur is, the clock is ticking on his career. Still, they always find a way to get in and they should have a decent season. I just don't know how many more of these are in the cards for them.

The Islanders will finish 5th, but they are building for the future and you know they are going to inexplicably win a few games over the teams above them, frustrating them to no end and then they will go out and lose 7-1 to the Panthers the next night.

1. Pittsburgh 101
2. Rangers 98
3. Philadelphia 97
4. New Jersey 91
5. Islanders 75

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Hmm, let's do some math shall we?

Rangers lose:
Avery (15)
Tyutin (5)
Jagr (25)
Shanahan (23)
Straka (14)
Hollweg (2)
Net Loss: 84 Goals

Rangers Gain:
Voros (7)
Zherdev (26)
Naslund (25)
Kalinin (1)
Rissmiller (8)
Fritsche (10)
Net Gain:77 goals

Rangers Net Loss: 7 goals

Penguins Lose:
Malone (27)
Roberts (3)
Hall (2)
Ruutu (6)
Hossa (29)
Net Loss: 67

Penguins Gain:
Fedotenko (16)
Satan (16)
Cooke (10)
Godard (1)
1 Roster Player I am Missing To Replace Roberts, Lets assume same 2 goal production since I think Godard replaces Hall, Cooke replaces Ruutu, and Fed & Satan replace Malone and Hossa (2)
Net Gain: 45 Goals

Penguins Net Loss: 22 goals.

Technically speaking, both teams lost some goals, although the Rangers really add Sjostrom for a full year, and thats probably good for another 10-12 goals added to our total, while Orr probably plays 20 games all year, so you can subtract his 1 or 2 goals, giving us another net 8-10 goals to our total...if you want to be super precise.

Regardless, it would seem the Penguins lost a HELL of a lot more than the Rangers did. Also you can do a net loss of Backman and an addition of Pock if you like, probably not worth the effort since Backman was more or less useless while he was here.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Hmm, let's do some math shall we?

Rangers lose:
Avery (15)
Tyutin (5)
Jagr (25)
Shanahan (23)
Straka (14)
Hollweg (2)
Net Loss: 84 Goals

Rangers Gain:
Voros (7)
Zherdev (26)
Naslund (25)
Kalinin (1)
Rissmiller (8)
Fritsche (10)
Net Gain:77 goals

Rangers Net Loss: 7 goals

Penguins Lose:
Malone (27)
Roberts (3)
Hall (2)
Ruutu (6)
Hossa (29)
Net Loss: 67

Penguins Gain:
Fedotenko (16)
Satan (16)
Cooke (10)
Godard (1)
1 Roster Player I am Missing To Replace Roberts, Lets assume same 2 goal production since I think Godard replaces Hall, Cooke replaces Ruutu, and Fed & Satan replace Malone and Hossa (2)
Net Gain: 45 Goals

Penguins Net Loss: 22 goals.

Technically speaking, both teams lost some goals, although the Rangers really add Sjostrom for a full year, and thats probably good for another 10-12 goals added to our total, while Orr probably plays 20 games all year, so you can subtract his 1 or 2 goals, giving us another net 8-10 goals to our total...if you want to be super precise.

Regardless, it would seem the Penguins lost a HELL of a lot more than the Rangers did. Also you can do a net loss of Backman and an addition of Pock if you like, probably not worth the effort since Backman was more or less useless while he was here.
I like the analysis but I think you overrated the Pens' loss in goals. First Crosby might not be injured next season which will help their totals, but I figure Satan and Fedotenko gotta do better than 16 goals a pop on that Pens' team.

Then again you could up the Rangers' goal totals too....

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I like the analysis but I think you overrated the Pens' loss in goals. First Crosby might not be injured next season which will help their totals, but I figure Satan and Fedotenko gotta do better than 16 goals a pop on that Pens' team.

Then again you could up the Rangers' goal totals too....
yep, not as cut and dry as the numbers suggest. For instance Dawes will likely up his total playing top 2 line minutes for a full year, Prucha is unlikely to have such a terrible year again, AND STILL PLAY. If he sucks, someone else will take his spot, if hes good, well then hes clearly not sucking anymore.

Also Gomez not playing with the human anchor in Shanahan will likely see some increase in offense.

Pens will definitely see increases from Crosby (barring injury), Fed, and Satan.

Injuries are the great equalizer though, Rangers have some nice depth in Hartford who can probably step up and not be huge gaping black holes for long periods of time...AA, Korpedo, Moore, Byers, etc. Can the Pens say the same?

Its an interesting argument, but I think its pretty easy to see, on paper at least, the Pens got a LOT weaker, and the Rangers likely are treading water offensively.

Oh, and i Forgot Redden, Woops. tack on another 6 goals to our total and subtract whatever Strudwick and Malik scored.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote