Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Midwest Hockey League Is Going To The “Dogs”

Old
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
evansvilleicemen

vCash: 500
Midwest Hockey League Is Going To The “Dogs”

The Midwest Hockey announced today the addition of the Chicago Bulldogs to their roster of teams for the league’s inaugural 2008-2009 season.

The Chicago Bulldogs are owned and operate by Mr. Alex Martinez and will play their games at the Darien Sportsplex Ice Arena in Darien Illinois, a suburb of the Windy City. The Chicago Bulldogs organization has been around since 2004, playing mostly in local leagues and in tournaments. In four years they have won 3 League Championships, 2 Tournament Championships and has been a League Finalist 3 times. Not to mention that, in 2006, they took a trip to Las Vegas and were finalist in the Labatt’s Blue USA Hockey National Championships. Martinez and his entire organization are excited about stepping up to the next level and joining in the Midwest Hockey League.

Owner Alex Martinez, “The Chicago Bulldogs are excited to begin our MWHL affiliation. I am looking forward to working with Wade Stuckey, Chip Rossetti and the entire MWHL organization. I have been impressed with their professionalism from day one and am excited to build our new relationship both personally and professionally.”

Midwest Hockey League president Wade Stuckey was excited to see this all finally come to fruition. “We have been working with Alex for a while now and we were finally able to get it finished. As always, the MWHL doesn’t announce things until everything is in place. All of that was finished up today. We are very excited to have the Bulldogs in the Midwest Hockey League.”

The Midwest Hockey Leagues inaugural season will begin in November. Look for the rest of the league teams and the season schedule in the coming weeks.

evansvilleicemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Kevin Wey

vCash: 500
Well, this is an easier addition to the MWHL than a brand new team, since the Chicago Bulldogs already have been in existence for a bit.

I don't know much about the owner, Alex Martinez, other than the fact he apparently played for this team, too, when it was a senior team (and not a semi-pro team in the MWHL, and I don't say semi-pro as an insult.)

My research of the Darien Sportsplex seems to put it on par for what the MWHL is looking at in Year One (1,250 seating capacity), and it has two ice sheets.

So, again, hopefully the Bulldogs organization is up for this task and what will be necessary to operate in the MWHL. But, it is a nice location given the MWHL's current footprint.

Here's a link to the Bulldogs' current website.

http://www.chicagobulldogshockey.com/

Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote