HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trios on RDS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
  #1
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Trios on RDS

Anyone notice the "Trios" link at RDS?
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/stats/lnh_p...&display=trios

Tanguay Koivu Kovalev
A Kostitsyn Plekanec S Kostitsyn
Higgins Lapierre Kostopoulos
Begin Chipchura Laraque

No Guillaume Latendresse - whoops! Some fans may not approve. Others will cheer

I have to say the idea of putting Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev as line 1 is growing on me.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:02 PM
  #2
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 500
No way Begin plays and not Latendresse.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:02 PM
  #3
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Anyone notice the "Trios" link at RDS?
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/stats/lnh_p...&display=trios

Tanguay Koivu Kovalev
A Kostitsyn Plekanec S Kostitsyn
Higgins Lapierre Kostopoulos
Begin Chipchura Laraque

No Guillaume Latendresse - whoops! Some fans may not approve. Others will cheer

I have to say the idea of putting Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev as line 1 is growing on me.
I Think that not even the Lats haters would put Bégin, Chipchura, Lapierre or Tomko before him in the line up.

I dont See a Kovalev-Koivu duo, the chemistery doesn't work and you need leaders on both the first lines. Tanguay alongside GMPleX and Kovy is quite interesting thought. Plex and Kovy are two scorers, having a superb passer and a responsible all around player with those two could be magical. Put Koivu in the center of his padawan Skost (Koivu Junior imho) on the left wing and his borther on the right wing and you got a well balanced second line with two 20+ goals scorer and a 30goals scorer. Plus all young player that are playing alongside Koivu are going to learn a lot about work ethics and responsabilities.


Last edited by Mustafa*: 08-15-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
  #4
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Anyone notice the "Trios" link at RDS?
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/stats/lnh_p...&display=trios

Tanguay Koivu Kovalev
A Kostitsyn Plekanec S Kostitsyn
Higgins Lapierre Kostopoulos
Begin Chipchura Laraque

No Guillaume Latendresse - whoops! Some fans may not approve. Others will cheer

I have to say the idea of putting Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev as line 1 is growing on me.
The third line is yucky!

I'd much prefer :

SKost/Higgins-Chips-Lats

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
  #5
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
man.. that took less than 15 posts

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:05 PM
  #6
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I Think that not even the Lats haters would put Bégin, Chipchura, Lapierre or Tomko before him in the line up.

I dont See a Kovalev-Koivu duo, the chemistery doesn't work and you need leaders on both the first lines. Tanguay alongside GMPleX and Kovy is quite interesting thought.
Hmmm... that would also be interesting...

Tanguay-Pleks-Kovy
Higgins/SKost-Koivu-AKost
Higgins/SKost-Chips-Lats

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:06 PM
  #7
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
This is quite representative of the quality of ''experts'' hired by RDS.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
  #8
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
This is quite representative of the quality of ''experts'' hired by RDS.
Except for Bob Hartley and Jacques Demers nobody got NHL knowledge.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
  #9
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I didn't like the k-p-k line that much in the playoffs, the only way i want the brothers on the same line is with Sundin, then plecs with kovy and tanguay, and lats koivu and higgs

but like i said, i wasnt impressed by k-p-k

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
  #10
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I didn't like the k-p-k line that much in the playoffs, the only way i want the brothers on the same line is with Sundin, then plecs with kovy and tanguay, and lats koivu and higgs

but like i said, i wasnt impressed by k-p-k
Were you impressed by anybody in the POs??

Oh wait, the Smolinski line did surprisingly well. But for the rest, none were impressive.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
  #11
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-A. Kostitsyn
Higgins-Chipchura-S. Kostitsyn
Laraque-Lapierre-Kostopolous

Stupid RDS.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
  #12
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,988
vCash: 500
Awful 3rd line for a team that should be contending....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:23 PM
  #13
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
that third line is yucky.

Put Latendresse with Lapierre, they seem to have chemistry together, with Higgins, it could be a good line.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:24 PM
  #14
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Stupid RDS.
You must mean unprefessional and ignorant RDS. I can't believe they got Habs exclusivity. And get ready for Benoit Brunet next year, it's gonna be painful, we might regret the rutabaga shaped men.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
  #15
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
that third line is yucky.

Put Latendresse with Lapierre, they seem to have chemistry together, with Higgins, it could be a good line.
Do they?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
  #16
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Were you impressed by anybody in the POs??

Oh wait, the Smolinski line did surprisingly well. But for the rest, none were impressive.
true, ill give you that.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:36 PM
  #17
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Anyone notice the "Trios" link at RDS?
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/stats/lnh_p...&display=trios

Tanguay Koivu Kovalev
A Kostitsyn Plekanec S Kostitsyn
Higgins Lapierre Kostopoulos
Begin Chipchura Laraque

No Guillaume Latendresse - whoops! Some fans may not approve. Others will cheer

I have to say the idea of putting Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev as line 1 is growing on me.
Were those lines made by Maggie the Monkey from TSN ? It certainly looks like it

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:36 PM
  #18
BadKiwi
 
BadKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Do they?
They even admitted themselves that their style of play does not mesh well. But hey, they both have french names Latendresse needs someone to slow the play down (Chipchura, Koivu, Kovalev, Sergei Kostitsyn). Lapierre needs someone to get the puck down low and stay there (Begin, Kostopoulos, Higgins, Dandenault). Latendresse with Lapierre is a very bad duo, they have the occasional nice play toogether, but these plays are very rare.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
  #19
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Except for Bob Hartley and Jacques Demers nobody got NHL knowledge.
Hartley and Demers are idiots who can't even finnish a sentance. They have no buisness doing this job. There's gotta be a standard of quality, these guys are speaking in front on thousands of young kids.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
  #20
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Do they?
Yeah I think they do, Lats and Laps stated they were each other's best friend on the team.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
  #21
BadKiwi
 
BadKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Yeah I think they do, Lats and Laps stated they were each other's best friend on the team.
Best friend is far from meaning chemistry.

After a goal Latendresse scored on a pass from Lapierre. Latendresse said something along the lines of : "I was never expecting the puck, I though Max would dump the puck like he always, I was rushing for the board." Lapierre counter attacked with : "I was suprised Latendresse was in front of me, he's usally so slow." Sure they have a nice complicity off the ice, on the ice, meh...

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
  #22
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Yeah I think they do, Lats and Laps stated they were each other's best friend on the team.
so, i wouldnt move in with my bestfriend, sure this applies to linemates as well :p

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
  #23
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
They even admitted themselves that their style of play does not mesh well. But hey, they both have french names Latendresse needs someone to slow the play down (Chipchura, Koivu, Kovalev, Sergei Kostitsyn). Lapierre needs someone to get the puck down low and stay there (Begin, Kostopoulos, Higgins, Dandenault). Latendresse with Lapierre is a very bad duo, they have the occasional nice play toogether, but these plays are very rare.
I do not recall this whatsoever. Probably missed it I guess.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
  #24
BadKiwi
 
BadKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I do not recall this whatsoever. Probably missed it I guess.
After a goal Latendresse scored on a pass from Lapierre. Latendresse said something along the lines of : "I was never expecting the puck, I though Max would dump the puck like he always, I was rushing for the board." Lapierre counter attacked with : "I was suprised Latendresse was in front of me, he's usally so slow."

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
  #25
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
so, i wouldnt move in with my bestfriend, sure this applies to linemates as well :p
You should re-consider who you define as your best friend then. And I did state on the team. I don't know if you played any organized sports at all because your analogy seems to indicate you didn't. Usually the teammate I get along the best with will be the one I play the best with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
Best friend is far from meaning chemistry.

After a goal Latendresse scored on a pass from Lapierre. Latendresse said something along the lines of : "I was never expecting the puck, I though Max would dump the puck like he always, I was rushing for the board." Lapierre counter attacked with : "I was suprised Latendresse was in front of me, he's usally so slow." Sure they have a nice complicity off the ice, on the ice, meh...
I remember that same game. When they interviewed Lats he mentions them being friend and liking playing on the same line with his best friend on the team.

Never the less we aren't Carbo so arguing over this is futile.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.