HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles Fans - What do you want for Parrish

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2004, 04:47 PM
bandwagon

vCash: 500
Isles Fans - What do you want for Parrish

The Canucks need some secondary scoring, and a lot of the best options are already gone. However, Mark Parrish strikes me as a nice addition as he's got good wheels, a nice shot and goes hard to the net. He'd nicely complement the Sedins, IMO.

Is he available and what would he cost us?

Old
02-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon
The Canucks need some secondary scoring, and a lot of the best options are already gone. However, Mark Parrish strikes me as a nice addition as he's got good wheels, a nice shot and goes hard to the net. He'd nicely complement the Sedins, IMO.

Is he available and what would he cost us?

he is available, but unfortunately the Isles and Nucks aren't good dance partners. We need a physical stay at home dman

Old
02-21-2004, 05:04 PM
bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
he is available, but unfortunately the Isles and Nucks aren't good dance partners. We need a physical stay at home dman
We do have Allen, but we can't afford to move him. You wouldn't be interested in picks/prospects or a guy like Chubarov I imagine.

People must be getting sick of Canuck fans always offering the same things for their players...

Old
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
Lets crank it up a notch then.

Allen, Cooke, 05 1st rounder
for
Hamrlik,Parrish

Old
02-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon
We do have Allen, but we can't afford to move him. You wouldn't be interested in picks/prospects or a guy like Chubarov I imagine.

People must be getting sick of Canuck fans always offering the same things for their players...

I don't know what the Isles are going to do with Parrish. Hunter and Weinhandl have been good, but you really don't want to count just on rookies or Czerkawski in the playoffs. So, my personal belief is that they will hold onto Parrish.

If they did decide to move him, I think Allen + could be a reasonable deal. Picks, prospects, and third liners will get nothing done.

The Hamrlik deal that your fellow Nuck fan posted is pretty unrealistic, from both sides. Nucks won't take on that kind of salary, they probably won't deal Cooke (because the return would never compensate for his utility during a grinding playoff series). As for the Isles, they arguably give up the best two players in the deal.

Old
02-21-2004, 05:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Lets crank it up a notch then.

Allen, Cooke, 05 1st rounder
for
Hamrlik,Parrish

Allen's the only part of your offer I think the nyi would want.

Cooke a fine player,but isles have quality 3rd liners,not enough elite skill on their roster.using trade chips on another quality 3rd liner is wasting assets.
and that late 1st in a so so draft holds no appeal.

Old
02-21-2004, 06:16 PM
bandwagon

I've heard enough. I'm willing to give up on the idea of getting Parrish...

Closed Thread