HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles Fans - What do you want for Parrish

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2004, 04:47 PM
  #1
bandwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Isles Fans - What do you want for Parrish

The Canucks need some secondary scoring, and a lot of the best options are already gone. However, Mark Parrish strikes me as a nice addition as he's got good wheels, a nice shot and goes hard to the net. He'd nicely complement the Sedins, IMO.

Is he available and what would he cost us?

bandwagon is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:00 PM
  #2
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon
The Canucks need some secondary scoring, and a lot of the best options are already gone. However, Mark Parrish strikes me as a nice addition as he's got good wheels, a nice shot and goes hard to the net. He'd nicely complement the Sedins, IMO.

Is he available and what would he cost us?

he is available, but unfortunately the Isles and Nucks aren't good dance partners. We need a physical stay at home dman

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:04 PM
  #3
bandwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
he is available, but unfortunately the Isles and Nucks aren't good dance partners. We need a physical stay at home dman
We do have Allen, but we can't afford to move him. You wouldn't be interested in picks/prospects or a guy like Chubarov I imagine.

People must be getting sick of Canuck fans always offering the same things for their players...

bandwagon is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
  #4
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
he is available, but unfortunately the Isles and Nucks aren't good dance partners. We need a physical stay at home dman
Lets crank it up a notch then.

Allen, Cooke, 05 1st rounder
for
Hamrlik,Parrish


monster_bertuzzi is online now  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:21 PM
  #5
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon
We do have Allen, but we can't afford to move him. You wouldn't be interested in picks/prospects or a guy like Chubarov I imagine.

People must be getting sick of Canuck fans always offering the same things for their players...

I don't know what the Isles are going to do with Parrish. Hunter and Weinhandl have been good, but you really don't want to count just on rookies or Czerkawski in the playoffs. So, my personal belief is that they will hold onto Parrish.

If they did decide to move him, I think Allen + could be a reasonable deal. Picks, prospects, and third liners will get nothing done.

The Hamrlik deal that your fellow Nuck fan posted is pretty unrealistic, from both sides. Nucks won't take on that kind of salary, they probably won't deal Cooke (because the return would never compensate for his utility during a grinding playoff series). As for the Isles, they arguably give up the best two players in the deal.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:22 PM
  #6
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Lets crank it up a notch then.

Allen, Cooke, 05 1st rounder
for
Hamrlik,Parrish

Allen's the only part of your offer I think the nyi would want.

Cooke a fine player,but isles have quality 3rd liners,not enough elite skill on their roster.using trade chips on another quality 3rd liner is wasting assets.
and that late 1st in a so so draft holds no appeal.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 06:16 PM
  #7
bandwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
I've heard enough. I'm willing to give up on the idea of getting Parrish...

bandwagon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.