HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

For those of us trying to lose weight and get in shape

Old
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

vCash: 500
For those of us trying to lose weight and get in shape

Here is a very inspiring story about Flyer's prospect Patrick Maroon, or "Fat Pat" as he was called when he weighed in at 260 pounds at 6 foot 1, now he is around 220 pounds at 6'4".

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Diet & Exercise, what do you know . Good for him.

Diet isn't even that hard. I mean there are great diets, but people just cut out the soda/beer (it's ok occasionally), junk food and fried foods it's amazing what a difference it makes.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
RangersFan88*

the hole issue with the fat people is their simply dumb or they are genetically ****ed (in their mind or body)

being in good shape is simple biology

i used to weight 242 with a height of 5'9 at the age of 17
i used to play american football so it didnt really bother me but then i seriously wanted a girlfriend so i started an atkins died and worked out a bit
and by a bit i mean: i quited football and i made like 20 pushups every night, thats it !
+ a smart and healthy nutrition :
it was kind of an Atkins diet but not really .Atkins is known for being low to no carb.
my nutrition based on meat and vegetable and fruits + i could eat candy sometimes i drank coke but i didn't touch potatoes rice noodles or bread.
now the point is with no carbos entering your body ,it still needs something to burn, to make energy and there we have it . the body wont burn the fat first it will burn the muscle first .so you'll end up with far less muscle and fat but to much skin to straighten up ^^.

well it ended then when after only 3 months (and it certainly was no torture) i was 18, 6'1 and 209 pound
today i am 20 still 6'1 and staying around 201 and happy that i had no yoyo effect.
i am pretty lucky cause since i was like five i have been a little fat kid ,today i am fine ,of course i liked to be more athletic but i'm working on that ; )

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
noobman

At age 17, I was 6'1 and about 230 pounds.

Now at age 19, I'm 6'2 (and a half) and weigh in at about 190. At one point I had dropped to 180lb. What I've put on since then is mostly muscle... though I'm still a bit fatter than I'd like to be at 15.5% body fat (gunning for about 13)

Weight loss, IMO, is much easier than muscular development. I don't have the appetite for efficient muscle growth.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
RangersFan88*

what about protein drinks?

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan88 View Post
what about protein drinks?
My diet is acutally pretty protein deficient for gaining muscle.

I use at least one protein powder shake (whey protein) every day with my breakfast (a shot of protein gets the brain going better than any amount of coffee). I usually end up taking two or three for the day though, based on how much exercise I do (my protein powder has an ample supply of carbs as well).

I was actually in the same boat as you... I grew up as the big fat kid, lol.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote