HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/nyi

Old
08-16-2008, 09:48 PM
GRIZZ

vCash: 500
Edm/nyi

Here Are Two Proposals. NYI has alot of cap space but they have only 1 proven goalie who is frequently injured.

To NYI: Dwayne Roloson

To Edm: Robin Figren

or

To NYI: Dwayne Roloson and 4th Round in either 2009 or 2010

To Edm: Jeff Tambellini (Because it was only a matter of time before and idiot came up with that proposal

GRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
40oz

Islanders dont do either. Not only is it terrible value wise, but it makes zero sense from the NYI perspective.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Heist

No the Islanders are not going to give up two young players who are projected to play prominent roles in the rebuild for packages consisting of Dwayne Roloson and a 4th rounder.

Heist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think the Isles would want Roloson at any price. He is still very capable of being a very good backup, IMO. But, 3 million is hard to swallow for a backup and the the Isles already have Joey Mac on a one-way.

And, yeah, the Isles have plenty of cap space. What they don't have is payroll space - since they are right up against Wang's internal cap.

I also don't know why EDM would move Roloson. Do they have another backup ready to step in? If anybody is going to be back to the playoffs, it would be very nice to have an experienced goalie like that on the bench. And, with Garon making so little, the Oil are still spending way below NHL average on their netminding.

The final problem with all of this is there is no way a year of Roloson is worth good prospects (although I understand that neither Figern or Tambellini projects as a blue chipper).

08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I don't think the Isles would want Roloson at any price. He is still very capable of being a very good backup, IMO. But, 3 million is hard to swallow for a backup and the the Isles already have Joey Mac on a one-way.

And, yeah, the Isles have plenty of cap space. What they don't have is payroll space - since they are right up against Wang's internal cap.

I also don't know why EDM would move Roloson. Do they have another backup ready to step in? If anybody is going to be back to the playoffs, it would be very nice to have an experienced goalie like that on the bench. And, with Garon making so little, the Oil are still spending way below NHL average on their netminding.

The final problem with all of this is there is no way a year of Roloson is worth good prospects (although I understand that neither Figern or Tambellini projects as a blue chipper).
I wouldn't give them blue chip status but they both seem to be very promising prospects. Tambellini's always been intriguing but with his father here I think it actually hurts the Oilers chances of acquiring him through a trade.

And you're absolutely right, going into the season with Garon and JDD could end up being a nightmare. Cap space does no one any good unless it's being utilized to better the team and with the Oilers it's not as if the space will be used to bring in a big name free agent, there's the possibility of a trade but it looks slim at the moment. I'm quite content with our goaltending to have Garon play the 1 role and Roloson the 1A while being challenged by JDD.

Old
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Roloson, who will be a back-up in NY for a young promising forward......How does that make any sense? Robin Figren was Sweden's second/third best player and I doubt Isles trade him before giving him a chance.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
the only way Roloson will get dealt (if at all) is at the trade deadline when some playoff teams need some goaltending depth.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 11:36 PM
IslesFTW

Why would we trade one of two pretty good young prospects for a backup goalie?

IslesFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I wouldn't give them blue chip status but they both seem to be very promising prospects. Tambellini's always been intriguing but with his father here I think it actually hurts the Oilers chances of acquiring him through a trade.

And you're absolutely right, going into the season with Garon and JDD could end up being a nightmare. Cap space does no one any good unless it's being utilized to better the team and with the Oilers it's not as if the space will be used to bring in a big name free agent, there's the possibility of a trade but it looks slim at the moment. I'm quite content with our goaltending to have Garon play the 1 role and Roloson the 1A while being challenged by JDD.
I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall that Jeff and Steve have an agreement not to be associated with the same organization.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Kamina
Amok

Uh, Rick DiPietro? Doesn't really matter that he's injured sometimes... Just the fact that he's there.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall that Jeff and Steve have an agreement not to be associated with the same organization.
I remember hearing it also shortly after Tambellini was hired in Edmonton. Can you imagine how trading for your son would be interpreted? Or trading your son if he is on the team?

Old
08-17-2008, 05:48 AM
CrossCheck

Your elderly overpaid goalie has ZERO trade value, ZERO.

Nobody in the league wants/needs him... Don't ever put him in trade proposal anymore, alright?

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 07:14 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

hahahahaha

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smid4327 View Post
Here Are Two Proposals. NYI has alot of cap space but they have only 1 proven goalie who is frequently injured.

or

To NYI: Dwayne Roloson and 4th Round in either 2009 or 2010

To Edm: Jeff Tambellini (Because it was only a matter of time before and idiot came up with that proposal
I think the isles are really high on Figren and doubt they look to move him.

They seem determined to give Tambellini every chance in the top 6 this season, even though he's done nothing in the nhl to this point.

No interest in Roloson.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smid4327 View Post

If the Islanders looked like they had a solid shot of making the playoffs and needed to improve there goaltending I would do it but the trade makes 0 sense from an Islanders perspective at this point.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

yeah i can see tamby going to edmonton, even before his dad became GM. i thought tamby+ we could get nilsson back.

tamby+2nd(BOS) for nilsson

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
cfrancis

vCash: 855
Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
Horrible offers.

cfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
How about this?

To New York: Roloson
To Edmonton: 5th round pick

Actually, I don't see why Edmonton moves him, to be honest. They don't need the cap space for anything, and his contract is up at the end of the year. He's better for the backup role than Deslauriers, so what's the point?

08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
yeah i can see tamby going to edmonton, even before his dad became GM. i thought tamby+ we could get nilsson back.

tamby+2nd(BOS) for nilsson
I really doubt that Nilsson is going back to Long Island.

Old
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
tambs and his father have an agreement that they wont be part of the same organization, i forgot where i read it it was a long time ago but they dont want to make it look like hes been given anything and have any strain on their relationship

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
How about this?

Actually, I don't see why Edmonton moves him, to be honest. They don't need the cap space for anything, and his contract is up at the end of the year. He's better for the backup role than Deslauriers, so what's the point?
DiPi's reportedly gonna be ready to start training camp on time.The isles aren't spending $3m on a backup.

If anything,they'll look at him like they have McCabe: another team's salary dump.What will that team give up to entice the isles into taking that contract off their hands?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
GagnerforGod

As an Oilers fan, even I'd feel bad for the Islanders in the proposed deals.

GagnerforGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Since youre new, I'm here to teach you a lesson, so next time maybe u can think before you post.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
OilCountry6

got a chance to watch Figren here in edmonton on the oil kings and i'll tell you what if the isles were to offer him up for rolli tambellini would have an easy decision...absolutely....great for edm. not so much for the isles

OilCountry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
How about this?

Pass. Roloson is over our budget and Isles are not in the market for a backup.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote