HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

cherepanov

Old
08-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Avy*

vCash: 500
People don't understand what they talking about. Yashin never ever was lazy player he just one big trauma right now with ****ed knees and wrists. He never was fast player but now after all this injuries he just can't skate at all. Only his skills saving him from immediate retainment.

Player like Nash looked like peace of lard last year clearly overweighted but... no he is not lazy! He is canadian.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
People don't understand what they talking about. Yashin never ever was lazy player he just one big trauma right now with ****ed knees and wrists. He never was fast player but now after all this injuries he just can't skate at all. Only his skills saving him from immediate retainment.

Player like Nash looked like peace of lard last year clearly overweighted but... no he is not lazy! He is canadian.
Dunno, we got to see plenty of Yashin through the years and while I don't think he was outright lazy, he basically didn't bring his game up to match his skills, or else he could have been pretty great. I think we can get a pretty good handle on Yashin after watching him for many years. I'm sure injuries didn't help, but there was something else missing in his overall game as well that became even more glaringly apparent when he started slowing down.

As for Nash, I don't ever watch him play so I couldn't tell you a damn thing about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
but I think Russians have not been getting a fair shake around these parts because of the KHL.
Probably true. I'd guess it's the pretty big cultural differences that can make people think Russian players are lazy, especially if a player doesn't speak English and hasn't really "westernized" themselves to some degree. If you're in a strange, foreign country and you don't speak the language, it's harder to integrate tightly into the team and all of that...eh, overall, I dont' think it's a laziness factor, it's just a difficult transition for some.

Though obviously some players are "lazier" than others, but that goes for all players and not just Russians.

I could also hypothesize that it has something to do with the style of play most Russians learn as they grow up, but maybe I'll do that later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
It's a subjective statement that a professional athlete is lazy. It's comparing one to their peers. Are they lazy in general? Clearly not, otherwise they wouldn't be considered for the NHL let alone play in it. It's the same way I can call a co-worker lazy. They may still function at a high level but they can be lazy in comparison to other co-workers. I think most people in the everyday world would benefit from a guy like Zherdev or Yashin's work ethic even though they may be considered lazy by NHL standards.
There's also something to be said for in-game intensity. You can be the hardest worker in the world, training and practicing like mad, but some people just lack that "go balls out every second you're on the ice (or whatever sports surface you're on)" type of mentality, and it can be pretty hard to train yourself to be like that. Doesn't mean they can't be good players, but it can make people think that they're lazy

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
There's also something to be said for in-game intensity. You can be the hardest worker in the world, training and practicing like mad, but some people just lack that "go balls out every second you're on the ice (or whatever sports surface you're on)" type of mentality, and it can be pretty hard to train yourself to be like that. Doesn't mean they can't be good players, but it can make people think that they're lazy
Maybe thats more of a competitive edge issue? Intensity level? Your right though, they get labeled as lazy and its an unfair assessment because we as fans have no idea what goes into making a professional sports team.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

This "lazy" thing is ridiculous.

Just because he doesn't skate around erratically like Ortmeyer, doesn't mean he lacks intensity.

He turns it on when he NEEDS to.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
This "lazy" thing is ridiculous.

Just because he doesn't skate around erratically like Ortmeyer, doesn't mean he lacks intensity.

He turns it on when he NEEDS to.
We're actually discussing that. One person trashed him and the entire conversation following it has been detesting his statement of Cherry being lazy.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Avy*

Quote:
As for Nash, I don't ever watch him play so I couldn't tell you a damn thing about him
Watch pics from last year draft and WC08. Yashin is also very big man with technically good skating. Half of pens fanbase still probably think
Malkin lazy because of his excellent long strides.

But Cherepanov is well... yes he is lazy player. I want to see him on NHL sized rink.

Old
08-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Ola

Cherepanov isn't lazy -- but he cuts corners; and thats not all that usual for a proffesional hockey player.

Its something he have to work on and its something we have to live with.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Cherepanov isn't lazy -- but he cuts corners; and thats not all that usual for a proffesional hockey player.

Its something he have to work on and its something we have to live with.
Ola after watching as many games with him as possible i think he is bit lazy and likes to conservate energy but fairly responsible and defensively smart player. You think he is nit lazy but sucks defensively
and lacks all-round game. Explain why you think so?

Old
08-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Ola after watching as many games with him as possible i think he is bit lazy and likes to conservate energy but fairly responsible and defensively smart player. You think he is nit lazy but sucks defensively
and lacks all-round game. Explain why you think so?
He reminds me of how Jagr plays. Conserving energy, try to just glide into position instead of going hard, etc. Problem is, he's not as good as Jagr, so he can't get away with it as well.

From what I saw of him, he can and will get back on defense, so he's not terrible at that, it's just that when the puck is away from him, he likes to watch the play and glide into the position he thinks the play will go. I think someone just needs to spend more time with him working on the details of playing without the puck

Old
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
He reminds me of how Jagr plays. Conserving energy, try to just glide into position instead of going hard, etc. Problem is, he's not as good as Jagr, so he can't get away with it as well.

From what I saw of him, he can and will get back on defense, so he's not terrible at that, it's just that when the puck is away from him, he likes to watch the play and glide into the position he thinks the play will go. I think someone just needs to spend more time with him working on the details of playing without the puck
Nor is he as big and strong as Jagr. Jaromir's size was a key part of his game.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 09:31 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
right, because of his size, it took him a while to get moving, so he didn't have explosive speed. but once he got up a full head of steam, he was like a freight train.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about.

Old
08-19-2008, 09:57 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

That is also another aspect to consider here.

They play on larger ice surfaces in Europe.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
That doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about.
Simply used what you said to make a point of my own. Quoted you to keep it relevant to the conversation.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Levitate

Gotcha.