HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cal O'Reilly ready for the NHL ???

Old
08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
golgoXIII

vCash: 500
Cal O'Reilly ready for the NHL ???

(sorry for my english) I would like to have opinions from people who saw him play a lot in the AHL or junior.I never saw him play so i base my comment on scout report and stats,first of all this guy seem's to have a terrific work ethique ,he's working hard every game and look like a real pro. Describe as a two way player ,very good in the défensive zone and he finish 5th scorer in the AHL last year at 21 years old. For me all this point make me believe he is ready for the NHL but the fact his i read almost everywere that Patric Hornqvist will take a top 6 spot on the team and i don't understand why this guy ,who seem's to have a foot speed probleme and a lower body strengh probleme, is considered a better player then O'Reilly.

i think O'Reilly is very underated and Patric Hornqvist is totaly overhyped ( a la Alexei Mikhnov)

Can you give me some info on this situation cause i believe O'reilly will make the top 6 before Hornqvist ,but i never saw those guy play .

golgoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Jarnberg

Nashville needs wingers and not centers right now, which is why you see Hornqvist's name coming up so much. Hornqvist had a good camp last year and didn't make the team because he was already going back to Europe per his contract. He also had a good showing this past year at the worlds.

Even so, with Legwand and Arnott locked up for a while and with players like Spaling and Wilson in the next few years (assuming they continue their growth), it is doubtful that O'Reilly gets a shot on the team.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
golgoXIII

O'Reilly can only play center position or he can play wing???

golgoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

O'Reilly has NHL hands but not much else. He was invisible at training camp last year. He's played center his whole career and with Wilson getting picked up in the Draft this year, the writing is pretty well on the wall for him.

I'd like to see if we could get something for him, but if his play in the preseason is any indicator, he's not worth much.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Nashville needs wingers and not centers right now, which is why you see Hornqvist's name coming up so much. Hornqvist had a good camp last year and didn't make the team because he was already going back to Europe per his contract. He also had a good showing this past year at the worlds.

Even so, with Legwand and Arnott locked up for a while and with players like Spaling and Wilson in the next few years (assuming they continue their growth), it is doubtful that O'Reilly gets a shot on the team.
Perfect synopsis.

08-27-2008, 11:25 PM
adsfan

Cal is a play making Center, like Greg Claussen. Last season in 80 Milwaukee games he had 16 G, 63 A for a team leading 79 points and 22 PIMs. He is not the rugged winger type and I would rate him behind Peverly as a Center and Pihlstrom as a Winger in NHL readiness. That would make him the #6 Center on the depth chart. He may play the first half of the season in Milwaukee and get called up to show if he can play in the NHL. Maybe another NHL team can use him.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote