HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

08-09 player predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2008, 02:16 AM
  #1
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
08-09 player predictions

Lets assume that MVR is traded for McCabe, what is everyones player predictions for this coming season? Im going to paste mine from the other Panthers forum.

I predict the team is going to have:

1 - 40 goal scorer
Horton (42) I predict this is Nate's breakout season

4 - 20 goal scorers
Weiss (26) maybe doubling his goal scoring is a bit much, but he has the skill to be a 20 goal scorer
Booth (24) I see him around the same amount as last season, but with a better assist total
Stillman (23) consistency is his game
Olesz (21) Rusty breaks 20 this season

7 - 10+ goal scorers
McLean (18) 14 in 67 last season, even that would be fine with me
Matthias (16) strong rookie showing for him, centering the second line
Bouwmeester (16) his goal total has gone up each of the last few seasons, so whats one more from last season
Zednik (15) if he doesnt get into that 20+ game rut like last season, he scores double digits
McCabe (14) If healthy, he will prove all the naysayers wrong
Kreps (13) eight last season, double digits isnt out of the question
Ballard (10) scored six last season, four more isnt out of the question, especially playing with either Bouw or McCabe

Thats 238 goals, and thats not even counting anyone else that will score 1-9 goals. While we probably arent going to see this team score 250 goals, I dont think all of these numbers are out of the question. Even if you take away five goals off of Hortons total, it still puts us over the amount of goals we scored last season. Even if you take off 20 goals from everyone above, the rest of the forwards and Dmen I didnt post should cover that 20 goal difference. I just dont see where this team is going to be lacking the scoring as some predict. If we can get 238 goals total next season, we are a playoff team, especially with this defense and goaltending.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 12:20 AM
  #2
Cats Gambler
 
Cats Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
I think a lot of those are reasonable...but I don't think Horton will break 40. I can see him around 35-38 but not quite at 40. Really depends if Peter can motivate him not to be so lazy.

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
  #3
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,357
vCash: 500
Here are my predictions:

1 - 40 goal scorer
Horton (42) I agree this will be Nate's breakout season

5 - 20 goal scorers
Olesz (28) I see Rusty as a more consistent scorer under Deboer this season. He has the leg strength and I believe he will be one of our best players out there
Stillman (25) consistency is his game
Booth (24) Booth well, he's Booth
Weiss (22) I think Weiss breaks 20
Matthias (20) I see a strong rookie season out of him with a few of his goals being lucky ones to get him to 20



6 - 10+ goal scorers
Bouwmeester (19) I think Bouw will really excel with more defense here to help him & I say he gets 50-55 points this year
Zednik (18)I think if he is healthy and able to put all that out of his mind he can pot that many for us
McLean (16) Very hard worker. I think we get around the same from him this year adding a few more games played in there
McCabe (12) I think most of his goals will be on the PP, but I have to say he gets about 3 dozen assists because of his shot
Kreps (10) Kreps will do okay but I don't think he will get as much playing time with Matthias up here and that will hurt his numbers
Ballard (10) I say playing with either Bouw or McCabe really helps his offense too

Thats 246 goals by my count and I really believe we will hit 250 mark. I actually think we will score 255. I agree especially adding McCabe to the lineup that we are a playoff team and we will see this team score their fair share of goals because many teams will not expect much and really underestimate us when they play us.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
  #4
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Here are my predictions:

1 - 40 goal scorer
Horton (42) I agree this will be Nate's breakout season

5 - 20 goal scorers
Olesz (28) I see Rusty as a more consistent scorer under Deboer this season. He has the leg strength and I believe he will be one of our best players out there
Stillman (25) consistency is his game
Booth (24) Booth well, he's Booth
Weiss (22) I think Weiss breaks 20
Matthias (20) I see a strong rookie season out of him with a few of his goals being lucky ones to get him to 20



6 - 10+ goal scorers
Bouwmeester (19) I think Bouw will really excel with more defense here to help him & I say he gets 50-55 points this year
Zednik (18)I think if he is healthy and able to put all that out of his mind he can pot that many for us
McLean (16) Very hard worker. I think we get around the same from him this year adding a few more games played in there
McCabe (12) I think most of his goals will be on the PP, but I have to say he gets about 3 dozen assists because of his shot
Kreps (10) Kreps will do okay but I don't think he will get as much playing time with Matthias up here and that will hurt his numbers
Ballard (10) I say playing with either Bouw or McCabe really helps his offense too

Thats 246 goals by my count and I really believe we will hit 250 mark. I actually think we will score 255. I agree especially adding McCabe to the lineup that we are a playoff team and we will see this team score their fair share of goals because many teams will not expect much and really underestimate us when they play us.
If we net anywhere from 230 goals + this season, we are making the playoffs. Its not like some of these predictions are far fetched anyways. Even if Horton scored 22 instead of 42, thats still more than we scored last year, and thats not even us counting in the rest of the team. We did give up only the sixth fewest goals last season (226), but I really feel that our improved defense can really decrease that number significantly. This team is a lot better than most give us credit for, and Im very excited to see what this season has in store for us.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
  #5
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Predictions?!? PAAAAAAAAAIN!

With this defense and lack of offense, they better bring the pain.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
  #6
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
i believe olesz and booth will be fine with more consistant ice time and power play time.

our power play needs to be good this year. we have plenty of quarterbacks now if mccabe does come here and stillman can play the point. but i don't want him too i rather have him low feeding someone like horton in front or from the slot.

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:21 PM
  #7
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
i believe olesz and booth will be fine with more consistant ice time and power play time.

our power play needs to be good this year. we have plenty of quarterbacks now if mccabe does come here and stillman can play the point. but i don't want him too i rather have him low feeding someone like horton in front or from the slot.
We will have a lot of options on the point on the PP, especially if Frolik makes the team. We have McCabe, Bouw, Ballard, and Welch that we can put out there. Also as you said Stillman, and Frolik also plays the point. We can really play around with things. No more Allen on the PP.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
  #8
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
We SHOULD have an amazing powerplay. If the deal with McCabe goes through, that replaces Olli's shot from the point AND adds some extra offense to the team. Simply aquiring him means more goals for this team.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 04:15 AM
  #9
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
We will have a lot of options on the point on the PP, especially if Frolik makes the team. We have McCabe, Bouw, Ballard, and Welch that we can put out there. Also as you said Stillman, and Frolik also plays the point. We can really play around with things. No more Allen on the PP.

No Murphy? If he's on the team I'd like him at the very least QB. #2 PP. unit. McCabe/Bou on #1 unit if the McCabe trade goes through.

Frolik and Stillman,no. Welch,maybe. Allen and Ballard...sit on the bench and wait for the PK.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
  #10
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
No Murphy? If he's on the team I'd like him at the very least QB. #2 PP. unit. McCabe/Bou on #1 unit if the McCabe trade goes through.

Frolik and Stillman,no. Welch,maybe. Allen and Ballard...sit on the bench and wait for the PK.
I hope to God Murphy is not in the top 6. If he's replacing someone due to injury, then I'd definitely like to see him on the PP, that's pretty much all he's good for.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.