HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nagy Signs in Russia

Old
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Haha, expected.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
God
Free Citizen

vCash: 500
I'm just surprised that it didn't happen earlier.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Widely considered to be a very stupid move when it happened.
According to you.. unfortunately Eklund is more reliable than you when it comes to the Coyotes.

Guy had been at a PPG rate for 2 seasons since the lockout. I'd say the deal showed those who didnt expect him to be worth a very late 1st rounder were the stupid ones.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Wow, poor Nagy, this board is not a big fan...

Well, I still am, after he left Phoenix he wasn't quite the same, but the talent was still there...injuries really got to him, but there's some good talent there...on the right Russian team, he's certainly better than point-per-game...I feel at 100%, he could be fairly, if not very, dominant in Europe...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 03:08 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I always liked Nagy, but his injuries caught up with him. He'll be better in Russia with a less physical game.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
insertwittynamehere

This might sound like a stupid question but... how reliable is a blog? Are there any other reports of this?

insertwittynamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 04:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why all the hate for Nagy? All of this talk about laziness seems like ignorance, to me. He is a player with a once bright future that has been ruined by injuries. Laziness has nothing to do with it. If he goes full throttle, playing his up-tempo, gritty game, he's an amazing talent that gets injured right away. If he goes half speed, and plays a passive, perimeter game, he's ineffective, and gets injured eventually, anyhow. I don't think it's his fault that he's fragile.

I actually believe that this is a really good move for him. I think, due to his injuries, he was unable to play the style that made him effective in the NHL. However, in Russia, I'm guessing he'll be able to play a style of game that is based soley on talent alone, and be a very valuable player. He's a fantastic playmaker, and it seems to me that the bigger ice surface, less frequent contact, and sort of east-west style of hockey, would lend itself perfectly to the game he now has to play.

I don't think he has to be that crash the net, sick one on one moves, sniper he was in his early NHL days to produce over there. The more cerebral, perimeter, slick playmaker that he's become should work quite nicely. It didn't in the NHL, but he'll have more time and space over there.

I think there are a lot of assumptions and misinformation being posted in this thread. You can't just looks at his statistics and assume he was just some lazy, soft, European primadonna. It helps to actually know what the hell you are talking about, instead of just posting whatever the hell flies out of your ass.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Pure sports terrorism.

These guys need to be stopped.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
God
Free Citizen

Alright, fine. I'll give him credit.

...for being awesome in EHM.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why all the hate for Nagy? All of this talk about laziness seems like ignorance, to me. He is a player with a once bright future that has been ruined by injuries. Laziness has nothing to do with it. If he goes full throttle, playing his up-tempo, gritty game, he's an amazing talent that gets injured right away. If he goes half speed, and plays a passive, perimeter game, he's ineffective, and gets injured eventually, anyhow. I don't think it's his fault that he's fragile.

I actually believe that this is a really good move for him. I think, due to his injuries, he was unable to play the style that made him effective in the NHL. However, in Russia, I'm guessing he'll be able to play a style of game that is based soley on talent alone, and be a very valuable player. He's a fantastic playmaker, and it seems to me that the bigger ice surface, less frequent contact, and sort of east-west style of hockey, would lend itself perfectly to the game he now has to play.

I don't think he has to be that crash the net, sick one on one moves, sniper he was in his early NHL days to produce over there. The more cerebral, perimeter, slick playmaker that he's become should work quite nicely. It didn't in the NHL, but he'll have more time and space over there.

I think there are a lot of assumptions and misinformation being posted in this thread. You can't just looks at his statistics and assume he was just some lazy, soft, European primadonna. It helps to actually know what the hell you are talking about, instead of just posting whatever the hell flies out of your ass.
Well him being unsigned in mid-August speaks a lot more about him than anything else, and supports what most others have said about him on here more than some fanboy. He's not a quality NHL player at this point and he's a perfect fit for the washed up NHL'er league they now have over there.

Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Well him being unsigned in mid-August speaks a lot more about him than anything else, and supports what most others have said about him on here more than some fanboy.
Yup.

The fact that he was benched on a weak LA Kings team multiple times last season for his lack of hustle in games AND practice goes to show the kind of commitment he displayed early in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT
I actually believe that this is a really good move for him. I think, due to his injuries, he was unable to play the style that made him effective in the NHL. However, in Russia, I'm guessing he'll be able to play a style of game that is based soley on talent alone, and be a very valuable player.
Of course. Because he's soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT
Says the Phoenix fan.

I, however, am a Kings fan and watched him play all season.

Face it, rt, the Nagy you knew DIED... or has been "ruined", as you put it. And injuries haven't been the only determining factor.

Dude no longer fit in the NHL. Was not physical enough to transition to the new NHL. He wasn't skilled enough to get away with it. And he wasn't tough or durable enough to avoid being hurt every year. So, he had to go find work elsewhere.

Last edited by Zizou: 08-18-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
I remember him and Tanguay here in Halifax, man he was awesome that year with the Mooseheads

Carbonneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Im a big fan of Nagy, he was one of the top dogs in Phoenix a few years back. I really thought he was going to blossom into a legit top line player in the NHL but injuries totally messed it up.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

good riddance

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
jcbio11

vCash: 50
I also dont understand all the hate for Nagy. He was a great player for Phoenix and the national team and I wish him luck in his career in Russia.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
kingbrutis

Good luck. I was happy when he left PHX. I do wish hom luck, after all he probley has more skill and money than any of us.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Well him being unsigned in mid-August speaks a lot more about him than anything else, and supports what most others have said about him on here more than some fanboy. He's not a quality NHL player at this point and he's a perfect fit for the washed up NHL'er league they now have over there.
What exactly are you disagreeing with, then? I already said he's become ineffective in the NHL and that he'd be a good fit over in Russia. All you've done is echo, insult, and echo me. Kind of strange.

Old
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
deanosaur

Who did that 1st rounder turn out to be?

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Riley Nash by Edmonton...though I'm not sure how they got the pick from Dallas.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Yup.

The fact that he was benched on a weak LA Kings team multiple times last season for his lack of hustle in games AND practice goes to show the kind of commitment he displayed early in the season.

Of course. Because he's soft.

Says the Phoenix fan.

I, however, am a Kings fan and watched him play all season.

Face it, rt, the Nagy you knew DIED... or has been "ruined", as you put it. And injuries haven't been the only determining factor.

Dude no longer fit in the NHL. Was not physical enough to transition to the new NHL. He wasn't skilled enough to get away with it. And he wasn't tough or durable enough to avoid being hurt every year. So, he had to go find work elsewhere.
Yes, says the Phoenix fan. You know, one of the fans who can actually speak to his game, pre and post injuries. One of the fans who may actually have some insight into why he crashed and burned, rather than misplaced bitterness about their team being stupid enough to waste money on damaged goods. It's not Nagy's fault that your team made an idiotic decision and signed a broken player to a moronic contract. Not the only one of that summer either, if I recall correctly, am I right? Why don't you blame your management for the recent ineptitude of your struggling franchise? And before you even go there, believe me, I do blame our old management for crappy teams we've had in Phoenix. I don't go around cursing Brett Hull for being too old to live up to the contract that our ******** general manager gave him. And that's because I'd like to think of myself as someone who's not that much of an idiot.

He was not a soft player until he ran into injury problems. This is your ignorance shining through. You obviously didn't follow him early in his career, so you probably shouldn't speak as though you have. It makes it look like your let your anus do the typing. By the way, as long as we are blaming players for their injury problems, then perhaps we should have been saying "good riddance" to that Adam Deadmarsh who "wasn't tough or durable enough to avoid being injured".

Old
08-18-2008, 07:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Phoenix traded down, selected Nick Ross, and added another pick.

Old
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Scored over 50 points every year (except last year...where he was on a pace for 50).

He was consistant. And a 7th rounder. One of the best 7th rounders you can find. Deserved better.

08-18-2008, 08:57 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yes, says the Phoenix fan. You know, one of the fans who can actually speak to his game, pre and post injuries. One of the fans who may actually have some insight into why he crashed and burned, rather than misplaced bitterness about their team being stupid enough to waste money on damaged goods. It's not Nagy's fault that your team made an idiotic decision and signed a broken player to a moronic contract. Not the only one of that summer either, if I recall correctly, am I right? Why don't you blame your management for the recent ineptitude of your struggling franchise? And before you even go there, believe me, I do blame our old management for crappy teams we've had in Phoenix. I don't go around cursing Brett Hull for being too old to live up to the contract that our ******** general manager gave him. And that's because I'd like to think of myself as someone who's not that much of an idiot.

He was not a soft player until he ran into injury problems. This is your ignorance shining through. You obviously didn't follow him early in his career, so you probably shouldn't speak as though you have. It makes it look like your let your anus do the typing. By the way, as long as we are blaming players for their injury problems, then perhaps we should have been saying "good riddance" to that Adam Deadmarsh who "wasn't tough or durable enough to avoid being injured".
As a Deadmarsh fan since juniors this would normally get my blood going but in this instance perfect use of it. Too many fellow Kings fans expected too much of DL's signings that offseason and when they didnt live up to their expectations this is what happened. In Nagys case it was a lingering neck injury that caused him problems all year long that most detractors would obviously be able to play through at the NHL level taking the game in game out pounding. In Handzus's case coming off a major knee surgery and having a surgery 3 wks before camp that left him under 100% for a good portion of the season. Seems alot fo Kings fans expected these guys to have career seasons as Kings despite being injured.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
As a Deadmarsh fan since juniors this would normally get my blood going but in this instance perfect use of it. Too many fellow Kings fans expected too much of DL's signings that offseason and when they didnt live up to their expectations this is what happened. In Nagys case it was a lingering neck injury that caused him problems all year long that most detractors would obviously be able to play through at the NHL level taking the game in game out pounding. In Handzus's case coming off a major knee surgery and having a surgery 3 wks before camp that left him under 100% for a good portion of the season. Seems alot fo Kings fans expected these guys to have career seasons as Kings despite being injured.
I am also a huge Deadmarsh fan. One of my all-time favs. I don't blame players for severe injuries that ruin their careers.

Old
08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Widely considered to be a very stupid move when it happened.
actually, at least around here, there were some moments of mixed opinion, but the general tone was fairly positive.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...aded%2C+Dallas

including this guy, for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I think it's a great deal for both teams.

I've never been sold on Ladislav Nagy as a player, but as an offensive threat there is no doubt. It's a good move for both teams, frankly I didn't think Nagy would fetch a 1st.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote