HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Klesla. are you satisfied with his development?

Old
08-20-2008, 11:00 AM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
So I was browsing through the Hockey publications at Barnes and Noble when I came upon the Hockey News: Ultimate Fantasy Guide 2008-2009.

Interesting that CBJ defensemen point projections ranked our top 4 boys in this order:

1.Klesla
2.Russel
3.Tyutin
4.Backman

Could we see Rusty's big shot featured on the PP this season? I'm also very curious to see if Voracek doesn't get some 2nd PP unit time on the point.

Forwards were ranked, predictably:

1. Nash(40 goal projetion)
2. Huselius
3. Umberger

If R.J. is your third scoring leader you are in trouble..

good points of views about Klesla. thanks again

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
If R.J. is your third scoring leader you are in trouble..
Feel free to expand on your RJ statement. Is it you don't believe he's a top line center, which no one will really argue, or his potential production? He had 50 points last year, any improvement on those numbers with more ice time and we really aren't in trouble. Most teams have around 4 players with 50+ points, including a good number of playoff teams.

Back to the real topic here. IMO it's hard to be disappointed with what Klesla brings, however you generally are hoping for more offense from a 4th overall pick. He was supposed to have offensive upside. Early in his career he showed some offensive instincts I haven't seen much of since. Don't know if the coaching staff beat it out of him or what.

If this is all Klesla will become, he'll have a good career. I was hoping for a great career, but no biggie.

Last edited by blahblah: 08-20-2008 at 01:05 PM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
So I was browsing through the Hockey publications at Barnes and Noble when I came upon the Hockey News: Ultimate Fantasy Guide 2008-2009.

Interesting that CBJ defensemen point projections ranked our top 4 boys in this order:

1.Klesla
2.Russel
3.Tyutin
4.Backman

Could we see Rusty's big shot featured on the PP this season? I'm also very curious to see if Voracek doesn't get some 2nd PP unit time on the point.

Forwards were ranked, predictably:

1. Nash(40 goal projetion)
2. Huselius
3. Umberger
Upon further thought, I do think we'll see a huge jump in Kleslas production.

I've yet to hear one positive thing on Backman. He sounds like a Gallant player.
Russell is just as likely to be in Syracuse as he is in Columbus
Wilson is a longshot.

Someone has to play the point on the power play. And I think it will probably be Klesla.

08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Upon further thought, I do think we'll see a huge jump in Kleslas production.

I've yet to hear one positive thing on Backman. He sounds like a Gallant player.
Wilson is a longshot.

Someone has to play the point on the power play. And I think it will probably be Klesla.

Your Wrighton Sam...

Nords link about Klesla, although fantasy league in nature, was spot on. Look for Rusty to be given the green light to go all out offensively this season. With the defense Howson has signed it's obvious he is going to tell Hitch to let Rusty lose.

Klesla is now a seasoned veteran-look for him to be a key in our first ever playoff push! I guess it's obvious I'm a Klesla homer, but that homerism is based on what I've seen from this guy over the years, not blind faith.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Wilson is a longshot.
See Light the Lamp for updates on these players directly from the Coach.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Feel free to expand on your RJ statement. Is it you don't believe he's a top line center, which no one will really argue, or his potential production? He had 50 points last year, any improvement on those numbers with more ice time and we really aren't in trouble. Most teams have around 4 players with 50+ points, including a good number of playoff teams.
Thats right. If he centers Nash I'm not sure how he could possibly not be 3rd or better on the team in points.

He had 50 points bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd lines in Philly, with 2nd PP unit time. He's likely to see 1st PP unit time here, and another 1-2 minutes TOI and he's playing alongside more talent than he did in Philly(Nash and Huselius with 70 goal potential).

60 points is a real possibility. Anything less than 50 would be a shocker.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote