HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Recommend New Skates

Old
08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Elshupacabra

vCash: 500
Recommend New Skates

I'm looking into buying new ice hockey skates and I was hoping that someone could give me some recommendations as to what to look at.

As of now, I only play drop in hockey a few times a week so I don't need to spend $600 on skates. I've been skating for years and I'm OK at it but not great. I just need a solid intermediate skill skate that will hold up for a while.

Thanks

Elshupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
stick9

There is only one answer, the skate that fits the best.

Go to your local hockey shop and try on a bunch of skates and get the ones that fit you feet and your budget. You should be able to find a decent pair of skates between 200-300 bucks US. If you aren't knowledgeable in how to fit a skate properly, make sure you ask for someone to help you.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
After skating with CCM skates for 3 years then Graf 707's for 5 years and going to a Bauer classic cuz someone stole my hockey bag out of the trunk of my car (including my amp and stereo) I'm going to be going back to CCM's

I'm going for the CCM Vector U+ Pro's

I really love the direction CCM is going with their new stuff. I'd prefer the Graf's but I don't like any of their new skates.

Try on a few skates and see what fits you best.

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Heat McManus

The answer is whatever fits your foot the best. NikeBauer makes incredible skates, but if you've got a foot like the hoof of a wildebeast then you might was to try another brand.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 11:55 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
There's probably still a lot of good closeout gear left at your local hockey store, so if you don't mind last year's product you can either save some cash or move up a step. A good store will be willing to spend as much time with you on the closeout stuff as they will to get you into U+ or One95 gear.

I went in for my first set of gear with my heart set on CCMs, but I ended up with a pair of Bauer Supreme 8090s, well after the swoosh had been put on Bauer gear, for something like $270. (I'd love to recommend the Supremes, but they're for a VERY specific foot.)

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote