HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The LW-Beaker Thread Part XIII The Beaker's Away... PARTY! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
ESunlin

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
I have this friend, his name is Jason, and we met in class this past January. After class got out, we started hanging out more often, and talking on the phone all the time. Because of my show schedule and his work schedule we haven't gotten to hang out all the time, but we do when we can...

He started occassionally making comments that make me think that he likes me as more than friends, which I definetely return... A few weeks ago, he said "It's just hard to go from being friends to having a relationship, like with you." Without thinking, totally stuck my foot in my mouth and said "Yeah, that never works."

Anyhow, since then, he hasn't said anything else about a relationship. He even has started calling less and almost sounding cranky when we do talk. I don't know what to do, and I'm sooo worried to ruin our friendship if I do say something, and I misread the message....

I am THIS close to just coming out and telling him, because this is making me miserable as it is...

Old
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That's wonderful "A"

*Has no idea what carphernalia means*
paraphenalia for your car

Old
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
SELL IT ALL...NOW...

YOU NEED THIS CAR

I have an idea that may make me that kind of money...

I just need a sugar daddy to back me up...
I could just see the conversation now.

H10H: Honey, would you still love me if we had to sell the house and live in an apartment.

G/F: Of course, it's not your money that I'm interested in *covers her face and laughs*

H10H: That's great, cause we're moving out tomorrow so that I can buy a brand new Bugatti Veyron!

G/F: Are you outta you're ****ing mind?

H10: But...But....*blacks out for no apparent reason*

- Ken Dryden
Old
08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
I have this friend, his name is Jason, and we met in class this past January. After class got out, we started hanging out more often, and talking on the phone all the time. Because of my show schedule and his work schedule we haven't gotten to hang out all the time, but we do when we can...

He started occassionally making comments that make me think that he likes me as more than friends, which I definetely return... A few weeks ago, he said "It's just hard to go from being friends to having a relationship, like with you." Without thinking, totally stuck my foot in my mouth and said "Yeah, that never works."

Anyhow, since then, he hasn't said anything else about a relationship. He even has started calling less and almost sounding cranky when we do talk. I don't know what to do, and I'm sooo worried to ruin our friendship if I do say something, and I misread the message....

I am THIS close to just coming out and telling him, because this is making me miserable as it is...

You need an internet bf...

I think WTK is in heat this time of year

Old
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Quite a situation E, my answer would be to talk to him face to face and ask if anything is wrong. If he says no, you can say that since the topic of relationships was brought up, you seem different.

This way you can gauge the reaction on his face. Before you step up and tell him how you really feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
paraphenalia for your car
ooooooooo...I get it, thanks AD...what would I do without you pointing things out for me?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-31-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Aaaaaand of course someone already had my great idea...ugh...

THis sucks...

I want to be an entrepreneur so bad but if feels like Im always a step behind

Old
08-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Aaaaaand of course someone already had my great idea...ugh...

THis sucks...

I want to be an entrepreneur so bad but if feels like Im always a step behind
What was your idea? Maybe we could...hmmmm....alter it a little bit.

Old
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
What was your idea? Maybe we could...hmmmm....alter it a little bit.
http://www.simplebackoffice.com/virtual_staffing.html

Virtual staffing...

I was lying in bed and thought of this....excatly what this company offers

Oye...Im into the beer now

Old
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
ESunlin

Pretty much the only advice I have gotten thus far is to show up in a trench coat with a 6-pack...

Old
08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Pretty much the only advice I have gotten thus far is to show up in a trench coat with a 6-pack...
Maybe he's not that into you...I know the truth hurts, but guys tend to not be very direct when it comes to these things

Old
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
znk

Quote:
"You know that time when I answered 'That never works' ? It's not what I really meant.

Quote:
http://www.simplebackoffice.com/virtual_staffing.html

Virtual staffing...

I was lying in bed and thought of this....excatly what this company offers

Oye...Im into the beer now
On this topic.
Touch screen terminals in grocerie stores where you could view andIf there were these little print recipies. Would you use it?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-31-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old
08-19-2008, 10:01 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
You need an internet bf...

I think WTK is in heat this time of year
I'm always in heat.

Quote:

I don't really know, but if this guy is anything like myself. If he got the hint from you that you don't think the two of you would work, he's trying to move on himself. Just hint back at him that you would like to pursue something and he should warm back up. If he doesn't, I'd just suck it up and find somebody else.

But, I've never fought for a girl before. Usually once I know they aren't interested, I just back off and find someone else. If you really like this guy, you might do things differently. I'm really not much help right now. I can't even get into a stage where these are complications I'd have to deal with.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Probably not a good idea. Since a guy would be happy to see Rosie O'Donnell if she showed up with a 6-pack. Ok..maybe not...maybe a 24 of very very strong beer and a 40 oz of rye.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:05 PM
AD

E (can I call you E?).. you should say this textually:

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
"You know that time when I answered 'That never works' ? It's not what I really meant.

Z.. you're on a roll tonight.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:

Ecstacy and Zurtak?

Old
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
znk

Quote:

Once in a while...
By accident.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
On this topic.
Touch screen terminals in grocerie stores where you could view andIf there were these little print recipies. Would you use it?
Hmm interesting....may be more of a novelty

Old
08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
AD

Quote:
I know a guy who makes interactive touch screen menus in restaurants, with wireless connection that can give you specific ingredients about the dish, health information (calories, sugar, etc.) info about the history..

Old
08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Why can't people just be honest?

Next time you talk to him you ask him if he's ever wondered what it would be like if you two dated each other. Then take the pressure off with something like "wouldn't that be weird?"

With difficult questions like these, it's often easier to just do it with messenger. He can't pick up on the tone of your voice, whether you're being serious or just being silly. It's easily dismissable if it blows up in your face. I wouldn't send it as a text though. Sounds desperate.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
znk

Quote:
Probably. But I rarely check out recipes before I go to the store. With this I could be there check out a few recipes. "Hummm LordChezz special? Stuffed portobella mushrooms. Grilled eggplans in a basil feta sauce. Broiled shark steaks marinated in an spicy orange soy sauce."

Prints list and instructions, buys the **** with the list. Goes home happy! Store is happy because they sold their ****ing unsellable shark steaks.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Blades 0f Steel

actually 6-pack and trenchcoat sounds pretty good.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
AD

Quote:
Probably. But I rarely check out recipes before I go to the store. With this I could be there check out a few recipes. "Hummm LordChezz special? Stuffed portobella mushrooms. Grilled eggplans in a basil feta sauce. Broiled shark steaks marinated in an spicy orange soy sauce."

Prints list and instructions, buys the **** with the list. Goes home happy! Store is happy because they sold their ****ing shark steaks.
Most grocery stores give out recipes on small papers or cards near the produce or meat sections.

So the touch screen thing has to be MUCH better or MUCH more complete.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:

Prints list and instructions, buys the **** with the list. Goes home happy! Store is happy because they sold their ****ing unsellable shark steaks.
We sell Shark better than we sell Salmon. But the price might have something to do with that.

Old
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
ESunlin

Well, trust me. The trench coat idea won't happen. I'm trying to gear up to tell him face to face.

I'm not going to puke, I'm not going to puke....

Old
08-19-2008, 10:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Well, trust me. The trench coat idea won't happen. I'm trying to gear up to tell him face to face.

I'm not going to puke, I'm not going to puke....
Are you sure you want to do it face to face? Like Blades0fSteel said, it's better to do it on messenger.

What happens if it gets awkward after you tell him? Then you actually have to excuse yourself from his presence and it's just going to be some really long moments. Where on messenger, it's recoupable, all you gotta do if it gets awkward is sign out.

But if you're doing it face to face, well, you got more balls than I do.

Closed Thread