Take

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Cactus Jack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Take

After watching the last 2 games, Calgary really needs a spark. I think if we could get another 2 way or offensive forward, that would really help things out. I'm not a big fan of ideas of Perrault or Sundstrom for Gauthier (trades I think montreal would jump at), I would rather get someone like Marcel Hossa from them.

Calgary really is missing something, and although in the last 2 games they put in the effort, the results weren't there. They need a spark like I said to get them going.

So I guess what I'm asking is what does everyone think Calgary will do at the trade deadline?

Old
02-22-2004, 03:49 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
After watching the last 2 games, Calgary really needs a spark. I think if we could get another 2 way or offensive forward, that would really help things out. I'm not a big fan of ideas of Perrault or Sundstrom for Gauthier (trades I think montreal would jump at), I would rather get someone like Marcel Hossa from them.

Calgary really is missing something, and although in the last 2 games they put in the effort, the results weren't there. They need a spark like I said to get them going.

So I guess what I'm asking is what does everyone think Calgary will do at the trade deadline?
I'm starting to agree, I wouldn't mind Parrish or even Bates outta NYI, whats Sanderson's contract like in C-Bus? I wouldn't mind an offensive RW, just cause I don't quite trust Kob yet. I'd like this kind of line-up

Reinprecht-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-McAmmond-(Insert Here)
Gelinas-Yelle-Donovan
Oliwa-(Lombardi/Kob/scrub)-Clark

Old
02-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I really don't think it is time to start to panic just yet. This was a tough 3 game road trip. Spots 5 through 9 will probably change every week until the end of the season. I think the big thing to look at is that even though we have lost 3 in a row, we haven't played horribly. We haven't been good enough though.

Goals seem to be a problem right now, but teams always go through stretches where goals are hard to come by. I think we have enough capable scorers up front. When Yelle comes back, that will give Sutter more flexibilty with the line combos. I really don't see the need to make a trade for a forward(I would rather get a puck moving defencemen, like Berard). There are guys like McAmmond, Lombardi and Reinprecht that can play center and wing, so Sutter should just change some lines, and eventually the goals will come again. I liked the McAmmond-Reinprecht-Kobasew combo today. Stick Sapy back with Iggy and Conroy, and throw whatever other combonations together, just to try something new.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
02-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Boomstick

Marin St. Louis would look so good as a Flame these days.
Yeah, I agree, quite the tough road trip.
At least they're not getting blown out, but a loss is a loss.

Keeping the faith.

Go Flames Go

Old
02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Badger Bob

Bottom line 3 games - 0 points. This can't continue, especially since it doesn't get any easier against Colorado. In order to prove that they're contenders, it's necessary to win some of the games against winning teams.

Old
02-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Cerebral

The Oilers are coming, the Oilers are coming!! I personally think Calgary should look at a move to acquire Parrish..

Old
02-23-2004, 09:39 PM
OBCT

Send a message via MSN to OBCT
The three game Eastern roadtrip summarized:

-Montreal outplayed us.
-Chara shut down Iggy, who had been carrying us offensively for awhile.
-The Devils are the Devils (they've allowed the fewest goals in the NHL for a reason).

The Flames are hardly the first team to have a hard time scoring against the Sens and Devils. We haven't been lackluster, but we do need to start winning again.

Conclusion: this is no time to panic - yet.

Closed Thread