HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for Hawk fans regarding Wirtz

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Question for Hawk fans regarding Wirtz

I would like to say I absolutely hate Bill Wirtz,he is the epitome of corporate greed these days. Has anyone here ever had an encounter with him?does anyone here know of someone who has? What is his response to those who criticize his idea about blacking out home games?

Is this man in touch with reality?Does he not realize he has alienated his fan base?I admire those of you that continue to cheer for your team despite this man's apparant will to want to destroy the Hawks franchise. As a ducks fan I know what its like to have horrible management in Disney who penny pinched for years,bringing in big name hasbeens to sell tickets. But not even they blackedout home games.

I guess this is the Bill Wirtz bashing thread?

Old
02-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Terrier

SI Article

You might want to check out the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, which has an article on the demise of the Blackhawks. I'm a lifelong Bruins fan, but in 1994 I flew to Chicago just to see one game in the old Stadium before it closed. The next day, I ended up on the same plane as the Hawks and got Jeremy Roenick to sign my ticket. What's happened to that franchise is a sad story for any hockey fan. As for the home game TV blackout policy, it's one of the longest ongoing jokes in sports. Here in New England, they even televise HIGH SCHOOL hockey games.

http://careermisconduct.com/ :mad:

Old
02-27-2004, 04:15 PM
RI Canuck

I'm not a fan of Chicago but I am familiar with Wirtz. He is a business man and not
a hockey fan which is why he does not care about the team and why he says he won't bring a championship team to Chicago because they cost money.

Old
02-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Hawkalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
I would like to say I absolutely hate Bill Wirtz,he is the epitome of corporate greed these days.
id put Kenneth Lay ahead of him

Quote:
Has anyone here ever had an encounter with him?does anyone here know of someone who has? What is his response to those who criticize his idea about blacking out home games?
he feels home games on TV arent fair to season ticket holders.....

Quote:
Is this man in touch with reality?Does he not realize he has alienated his fan base?I admire those of you that continue to cheer for your team despite this man's apparant will to want to destroy the Hawks franchise. As a ducks fan I know what its like to have horrible management in Disney who penny pinched for years,bringing in big name hasbeens to sell tickets. But not even they blackedout home games.

I guess this is the Bill Wirtz bashing thread?
1. I think hes in touch with reality, seems he knows whats going on with the CBA
doubt he cares about the team, or the fans outside of the season ticket holders.

Closed Thread