HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matty Cooke's alter ego

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2004, 03:05 PM
  #1
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 528
Matty Cooke's alter ego

The real Matt Cooke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matty.jpg‎ (10.3 KB, 65 views)

Surly Furious is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 03:16 PM
  #2
aylib
User and abuser
 
aylib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Stale ol' Hockey
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Visor-check.
Turtle shell-missing.
Gloves-surgically removed.
Hockey stick- stuck in Matt Johnson's gut.
Skates-missing.
Pink panties-stolen from Bert.
Probable outcome- death, due to the lack of key elements (skates to run, shell to turtle).

aylib is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM
  #3
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
LOL

You people are too funny....

Matt Johnson reminds me of Albert Pujols with that swing last night.... Wrong sport there Johnson......

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
  #4
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Oo! Can I play?

Should do one of Johnson's head on Satan(the Devil, not Miroslav)'s body for the Canucks fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooke.jpg‎ (19.0 KB, 57 views)

ceber is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 03:55 PM
  #5
Scott Lucidi
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
The NHL just keeps proving what a joke it really is. I'm not defending MJ, but the league is basically protecting visor wearing punks like Cooke. Get ride of the instigator rule!!!!!

Scott Lucidi is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 04:01 PM
  #6
LaVal
Registered User
 
LaVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
pretty soon the entire Vancouver roster will be boo'd in Minnesota

LaVal is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 04:21 PM
  #7
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lucidi
The NHL just keeps proving what a joke it really is. I'm not defending MJ, but the league is basically protecting visor wearing punks like Cooke. Get ride of the instigator rule!!!!!

huh? Cooke wearing a visor means he is subject to more penalties. Logic, does a brain good.

rye&ginger is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 04:32 PM
  #8
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Well I have a question? Why defend Cooke's cheapshots when he is wearing a visor, when Mitchell was wearing one too (this time for protecting his jaw)

 
Old
02-20-2004, 05:19 PM
  #9
Scott Lucidi
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger
huh? Cooke wearing a visor means he is subject to more penalties. Logic, does a brain good.
Where did I saw he was subjected to more penalties with a visor? Reading, helps prevent yourself from looking stupid.

Scott Lucidi is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 08:56 PM
  #10
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
You say he is protected in the rules by wearing a visor, while the rules dictate that isnt the case. And what does the instigator rule have to do with visors in general, other than the extra 2 minutes for such players? If you are suggesting Cooke doesnt fight because he wears a visor, Cooke wasnt a fighter in Jr. hockey either. He is a pest/checker, not a goon. Most pest types dont fight.

rye&ginger is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 09:30 PM
  #11
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,734
vCash: 500
I love it when Canucks player's piss of other team's fans! Great stuff!

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 09:55 PM
  #12
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Lets keep the personal insults out of the argument fellas.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 10:08 PM
  #13
Scott Lucidi
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger
You say he is protected in the rules by wearing a visor, while the rules dictate that isnt the case. And what does the instigator rule have to do with visors in general, other than the extra 2 minutes for such players? If you are suggesting Cooke doesnt fight because he wears a visor, Cooke wasnt a fighter in Jr. hockey either. He is a pest/checker, not a goon. Most pest types dont fight.
You've missed the point. He's protected by the rules because of the instigator rule. The visor comment is thrown in because he is a player who hides behind the instigator rule, and the visor, much like Maltby. Ruttu is a pest too, but atleast he fights and doesn't hide, so I guess that kinda contradicts your pests don't fight thought. But most pests don't fight because of the instigator rule, and because they hide behnid the visor, teammates, and the ref.

Cooke wasn't a fighter in Jr? Better not tell Sean Avery that, because Cooke KO'd him back in the OHL. I tell you what, don't tease the pit bull if you're too scared to get bitten.

Scott Lucidi is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 10:16 PM
  #14
LaVal
Registered User
 
LaVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterH
Minnesota fans are lucky, they do not have to pay for playoff tickets. Here in Vancouver we'll have to pay out some more money, because unlike the Wild Vancouver will be playing in the post season.

Look for me with my visor on.
get a life... you make give Canucks fans a bad name

LaVal is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 10:33 PM
  #15
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
This thread has gotten kinda ugly. It should be a happy, fun time. What's nearly synonymous with happy, fun times? Clowns! Everyone likes clowns. How 'bout a clown to cheer things up? (Just in case anyone missed it: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=72981)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jovanovski_59268.jpg‎ (13.0 KB, 32 views)

ceber is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 11:39 PM
  #16
DW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
This thread has gotten kinda ugly. It should be a happy, fun time. What's nearly synonymous with happy, fun times? Clowns! Everyone likes clowns. How 'bout a clown to cheer things up? (Just in case anyone missed it: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=72981)

Geez, You guys are the best! it's been all day since I had a good laugh.

Too bad some of the Wild fans are sitting on there hands over at wild.com. We could use some home team support on this forum. Wishful thinking I guess.

DW is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 01:24 AM
  #17
SedinFan*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 10,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
pretty soon the entire Vancouver roster will be boo'd in Minnesota
Players love getting booo'd....please continue Wild fans.

SedinFan* is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 01:11 PM
  #18
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 528
Weeeee, are we having fun yet?

Surly Furious is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 12:38 AM
  #19
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lucidi
You've missed the point. He's protected by the rules because of the instigator rule. The visor comment is thrown in because he is a player who hides behind the instigator rule, and the visor, much like Maltby. Ruttu is a pest too, but atleast he fights and doesn't hide, so I guess that kinda contradicts your pests don't fight thought. But most pests don't fight because of the instigator rule, and because they hide behnid the visor, teammates, and the ref.

Cooke wasn't a fighter in Jr? Better not tell Sean Avery that, because Cooke KO'd him back in the OHL. I tell you what, don't tease the pit bull if you're too scared to get bitten.

Ruutu only fights non-goons.

and a few fights in Jr doesnt make a goon. I see your point, but it applies to so many players in the NHL.

rye&ginger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.