HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Waive Vishnevski

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Jon Jordan

vCash: 500
Devils Waive Vishnevski

Vitaly Vishnevski's on waivers ...

Though I truly don't think another defenseman will be added before training camp, he's someone to consider. I haven't checked to see if there's any interest from the Lightning just yet but he's a heavy hitter, for those that aren't familiar and an intriguing possibility.

He's a bit overpaid, mind you, as well. So there probably isn't a fit there for those reasons too. Still ... something to talk about anyway.

Old
08-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Link to Vishnevski being waived..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2472...=headlines_nhl

Old
08-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

As I posted in another thread about Vishnevski being waived...god, please no....hes overpaid, he goes way out of a position to make a hit to frequently and sometimes he looks like he is just lost out there...some of the things I've seen him do with the puck when hes put in pressure situations would just make our coaching staff lose years off their life cause he doesn't know what to do with a puck, period. Why do we need someone like that to be a bottom pairing defenseman? I'd rather stick with what we have.

I know, someone is going to say we need a physical defenseman though, we have enough puck handlers...but we don't need him. Theres a big reason hes bounced between so many teams the last three seasons(Anaheim, Atlanta, Nashville and New Jersey and now is on waivers) he stinks.

Old
08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
bassassin

Just ignore the fact of whether he is wanted, and think of where would he go??
As Picard, Ranger, Kuba, Carle, SOB, Niskala, Hutchinson are all on one way contracts and Lundin has to pass through waivers so may as well be counted as on a one way contract, add another dman in to the mix and it just gets stupid.

Old
08-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Jon Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Just ignore the fact of whether he is wanted, and think of where would he go??
As Picard, Ranger, Kuba, Carle, SOB, Niskala, Hutchinson are all on one way contracts and Lundin has to pass through waivers so may as well be counted as on a one way contract, add another dman in to the mix and it just gets stupid.

Exactly. A fantastic point that few have failed to recognize thus far ...

The team is quite content, as of now, to let Hutch, Niskala and Lundin battle it out for the 6th blueline spot.

I was just submitting the Vishnevski news as food for thought on an otherwise boring morning.

JJ

Old
08-23-2008, 02:18 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I'll pass on this guy as well. If he can't play defensive hockey in New Jersey where they play on of the best trap systems in the league, how good is he going to be here? Although he is a much needed stay at home guy, I don't think he will fit well here. We have enough competition for camp, and unless he wants to try to earn a spot like the rest of them, which I doubt, he will quickly go somewhere else.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Hockeyfan02

I was a big fan of Vish in Anaheim, but he's not really good in the new NHL. He's physical like Hitman pointed out, but his positioning is awful. He never developed in to the top 4 defenseman he was supposed to be. I'd pass on him and try to get someone that's more experienced and doesn't fly around looking for a big hit that leads to scoring chances.

Old
08-24-2008, 01:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...vski-clea.html

Quote:
Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said today that Vishevski has cleared waivers and that the 28-year-old defenseman will play in Russia in 2008-09.

Closed Thread