HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Strange phenoma/things you've discovered

Old
08-28-2008, 05:21 PM
habsrock60

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk View Post
I always get goosebumpy tingly feelings (good ones, not ones like you're scared) at completely weird but consistent situations. Kinda like that feeling you sometimes get when someone slowly combs through your hair?

Usually I get them when people demonstrate doing something that takes care, like widdling a toy, or painting a picture, or even assembling an appliance or something.

I also get them whenever someone talks patiently and softly but [not passionately but I can't think of the word] about something. For example I get them constantly whenever Gary Oldman talks about anything, or even sometimes Christopher Walken.

I even had a short phase where I kept watching Antiques Roadshow because everytime I did I would get a whole bunch of those and I could try to pinpoint what it was.

I dunno, it's kinda weird. Nobody else I know seems to have that, although usually I don't bother asking because it sounds so stupid.

Dude, that happens to me too!

habsrock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Did not expect that.

I've been getting it from this stuff recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkZ7YSVL8JU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26kUQeuSdMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ME9H...eature=related

I think it might be the same brand of feeling as nails on a chalkboard, but different. Surprised nobody else ever mentions it.

I can watch an entire hour long episode of Antiques roadshow daily even though it's boring as hell and something I don't care about at all, ONLY because of that feeling.
The voice of the chick who is interviewing The Cure gives me goosebumps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Hi2ER3r-M

Morrissey has a very pleasent voice to listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JOl3YaDCQI

I guess I just like British accents.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
I always get goosebumpy tingly feelings (good ones, not ones like you're scared) at completely weird but consistent situations. Kinda like that feeling you sometimes get when someone slowly combs through your hair?

Usually I get them when people demonstrate doing something that takes care, like widdling a toy, or painting a picture, or even assembling an appliance or something.

I also get them whenever someone talks patiently and softly but [not passionately but I can't think of the word] about something. For example I get them constantly whenever Gary Oldman talks about anything, or even sometimes Christopher Walken.

I even had a short phase where I kept watching Antiques Roadshow because everytime I did I would get a whole bunch of those and I could try to pinpoint what it was.

I dunno, it's kinda weird. Nobody else I know seems to have that, although usually I don't bother asking because it sounds so stupid.

I get that too. I thought it was just something wierd that happened to me. I remember the first time it ever ahppened was when my aunt was helping me put together a Chip 'n Dale puzzle when I was like 2 or 3.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I get that too. I thought it was just something wierd that happened to me. I remember the first time it ever ahppened was when my aunt was helping me put together a Chip 'n Dale puzzle when I was like 2 or 3.
I remember when I was little and didn't know how to tie my shoelaces I got goosebumps if someone tied them for me. Especially if it was a female.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Sportacus
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguyman View Post
I have a tendency to look at clocks exactly at 12:34 am or pm. It started about a year ago, at first I just did it socially. But then I used to cut class and hide out in the parking lot to look at clocks! Then, one day, they found me, face up in a ditch, with a clock at 12:34...Needless to say, I've cut back, but I still see it sometimes.

Note: The above is based on a tv show moment, the actual 12:34 thing is indeed true.

It's always 12:48 for me. Dunno y.

08-28-2008, 11:49 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamheadaches View Post
I always seem to catch 12:55 am or pm on a daily basis. The weird thing about the numbers is that Jochen Hecht is my favorite player. When he first became my favorite player, he wore #12 for the Worcester Ice Cats and now he wears #55 for the Sabres.
what is your avatar from?

that guy vaguely reminds me of my half brother. it is weird

invictus is online now   Reply With Quote