HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/atl

Old
08-23-2008, 05:37 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Edm/atl

To EDM: Ondrej Pavelec
To ATL: Rob Schremp

-Edmonton has an abundance of young centres already, and I think if Schremp doesn't make the team this year that he'll ask to be traded.
-Pavelec is a very good young goalie, but Lehtonen is the obvious starter in Atlanta, and since Hedberg was resigned to a 3-year extension as the backup, Pavelec will probably end up playing the AHL.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

-Edmonton has an abundance of young centres already, and I think if Schremp doesn't make the team this year that he'll ask to be traded.
-Pavelec is a very good young goalie, but Lehtonen is the obvious starter in Atlanta, and since Hedberg was resigned to a 3-year extension as the backup, Pavelec will probably end up playing the AHL.
Atlanta has for center:
Esposito
Little
Christiansen
Holephazel
Slater
the train wreck that is Todd white

Also, Hedberg has a ton of respect as a back up in this league and a decent contract, if we want Pavelic in the NHL we can move Hedberg.

Plus, why would we trade a future number one goalie or great back up for a center who hasnt cracked the edmonton line up in 2 yrs. Not that your team is worse than ours, but the value does not add up.

thrashers=cup05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
God
Free Citizen

Nope.

Schremp has been in the AHL for quite some time and still can't make the Oilers. Pavelec has constantly shown improvement and if, when he makes it to the NHL, he isn't injury prone, I'd say that the Thrashers might be looking to move Lehtonen instead.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:11 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

No way do the Thrashers do this deal. Lehtonen has not lived up to expectations and just in case he doesn't pan, ATL has Pavelec to step in. Schremp has all world talent but there has all been the question of if he can apply himself. Pavelec is a much better prospect overall imo.
I would also like to throw in the fact that Oilers have Dubnyk and Deslauriers in the system so its not like they dont have depth in goal.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Hahaha you're obviously an oilers fan. Atlanta laughs at your knowledge of the NHL prospects.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Atlanta laughs at this one.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:37 PM
voxel

Schremp is a winger now.

Oilers had too many NHL centers - Horc, Gagner, Cogliano, Stoll, Brodziak, Reasoner, Pouliot, Nilsson... so they forced certain ones to become wingers.

Schremp is one of those 2004 draftees who will have a make or break season. He's still one of the better non-NHL regulars from that draft year - unfortunately 2003 + 2005 + 2006 were much better draft years.

Not sure there is room for Ondrej Pavelec unless one of JDD or DD flop (i.e next season they show no improvement)

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:39 PM
AK

Coming from someone who has seen Schremp play for the WBS Pens many times, I can say, honestly, that he is the biggest waste of natural talent that I have seen. Ever.

Atlanta's getting ripped off here.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:54 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWGRD View Post
Coming from someone who has seen Schremp play for the WBS Pens many times, I can say, honestly, that he is the biggest waste of natural talent that I have seen. Ever.

Atlanta's getting ripped off here.
The WBS Pens were so two years ago when he was being scratched for poor defensive plays. He's still a tweener until his skating drastically improves.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Oilers give a prospect who is very boom or bust (looks like he's much closer to the bust side of things) and in return get a top 5 goalie prospect. Maybe even top 3. That is why this doesn't work.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 03:44 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05 View Post
Atlanta has for center:
Esposito
Little
Christiansen
Holephazel
Slater
the train wreck that is Todd white

Also, Hedberg has a ton of respect as a back up in this league and a decent contract, if we want Pavelic in the NHL we can move Hedberg.

Plus, why would we trade a future number one goalie or great back up for a center who hasnt cracked the edmonton line up in 2 yrs. Not that your team is worse than ours, but the value does not add up.
Just curious.. Do you think Esposito will play in NHL next season? How did he do in training camp?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Just curious.. Do you think Esposito will play in NHL next season? How did he do in training camp?
He needs to work on his play in traffic. other than that, he has good instincts and skills. he just needs to work on his traffic game and bulk up a little. oh and get away from his dad.

thrashers=cup05 is offline   Reply With Quote