HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need a pick me up?

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 01:06 PM
LiquidClown

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Need a pick me up?

I know I do with the way the Rangers are playing....

So at 2pm (eastern) today (sunday) on ESPN classic they are showing the Rangers vs Canucks game 7 1994.

Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Old
02-22-2004, 04:17 PM
nyr5186

Brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it. I was 8 years old at the time, and I regret being too young to really understand what that Cup meant to Ranger fans and New York in general. If this team ever finds a way to win a Cup during my lifetime, I doubt it'll be as emotional and fulfilling as '94 because of the whole "1940' thing. But who knows, with the way this team is going, we could still be hearing Isle fans chant '1997' at the Mausoleum 50 years from now!

Old
02-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Mitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it. I was 8 years old at the time, and I regret being too young to really understand what that Cup meant to Ranger fans and New York in general. If this team ever finds a way to win a Cup during my lifetime, I doubt it'll be as emotional and fulfilling as '94 because of the whole "1940' thing. But who knows, with the way this team is going, we could still be hearing Isle fans chant '1997' at the Mausoleum 50 years from now!
Same with me nyr4life. I was 10, and I remember watching it a little with my Mom but had no idea what was going on. I didn't become a real Ranger fan until 1995 then in 1997 I became I die hard. I remember so many things that year especially the playoffs, it was so exciting. The way things are going now it looks like 54 years to making the playoffs now.
It's funny, the season's over this early and it got me thinking how much of my life has past by with this team in the sh!!hole. Last time we made the playoffs I was in 8th grade, my entire high school life has passed by with this team out of it, and if they dont make it next year, my entire college career will as well. My friend's talking about the Flyers and there chances and what have I had to talk about for the past 7 years...NOTHING!!

Like I look at the Knicks, a team I'm also a diehard fan of, and the way they turned it around, however I am keeping it in mind that you cant just switch a few players in hockey like you can with basketball and have a COMPLETE turnaround, but it really does show how much of a jackass Sather is. He's had 4 YEARS!! And despite knowing( or does he) that signing top talent has not helped this team the past 4 years, he continues to think that is the answer. Its freaking unbelievable. What's more depressing is the future. I'm happy that the early downfall of this year's team may lead to a teardown, but NOTHING will change as long as Sather is here. NOTHING. And I won't believe he will be canned until it is officially done.

Old
02-22-2004, 06:10 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

How to explain 1994?

Here goes...I've been a Ranger fan since 1972. Saw more than my share of heartache. Even thought 1992 was the year that the curse would end. Of course Ron franics and that fifty-footer would put an end those dreams. Simply put, no other championship will ever feel the same again in my lifetime. Now, as a Met, Giant and Knick fan, I do have a couple of championships won during my fandom. (I did catch the Knick's last championship in 1973.) But, the emotion of that playoff run and its culmination will never be matched. I remember be unable to sleep after both Game 1 losses in OT against the Debbies, then Canucks. And, the feeling of euphoria after winning lasted all summer. I have never felt any higher as a fan of any of my teams. Even if the Rangers were to do the unthinkable and win the Cup in the near future, I can honestly say that it could not match the feeling of 1994. The weight thrown off the franchise that season was immense. What still amazes me to this day is that the organization would have had a clean slate. After 1995, he could have started rebuliding and infusing more youth. Instead, he catered to Messier and went after older players. And, the organization has never rebounded.

Old
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
rickyrod

dont suppose any of you guys taped this?

Closed Thread