HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Vector 8.0 Pants

Old
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Blueshirt24

vCash: 500
CCM Vector 8.0 Pants

Thoughts? I just ordered a pair off of hockeymonkey and they seem awfully uncomfortable now that they've arrived. The size is right, but the pants seem to almost NO padding on the legs (literally none on the back of the leg) but a huge butt pad that extends way further down than it has too. It feels like these are going to severely hinder my movement and comfort if I wear them, as well as not protect the insides or backs of my thighs at all. I swear I'm putting these things on every 10 minutes and then taking them off and looking around the inside to see if there's a pad out of place that I need to put on the back of the legs; I can't imagine there would just be no padding there.

What IS a good pant for a college level player? I'm pretty sure I'm going to send these back, but what should I pick up? Anyone try the Vapor XXXX's? Supreme One90? What's comfortable and actually has padding below the tailbone? I know I take way too many pucks off the back of my legs to get away with wearing these.

Blueshirt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Go to your LHS and try the pants on.

I had to get mine customized, but mine are an older style Nike pant and they've held up for 3 years of competitve B level men's hockey and AAA women's.

09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Go to your LHS and try the pants on.

I had to get mine customized, but mine are an older style Nike pant and they've held up for 3 years of competitve B level men's hockey and AAA women's.

Unfortunately, unless I want to drive 2.5 hours the only kind of pro-shop around here is one that sells mylec plastic blades. I grabbed new gloves and stuff when I ordered the new pants and everything else is as expected but these pants don't even really LOOK like the stock photo. I mean, I'm going from CCM pants (352's or something like that) to CCM pants and keeping the same size and all, but these are just a really awkward fit. Like the tail bone pad goes about 6 inches past my tailbone and the legs are just like a shell would be; cloth and no padding. I'm disappointed. I guess I'll have to send them back and than just plan a roadtrip for the weekend and do it the smart way. I hate going to school in an area that doesn't have a single pro-shop nearby; I never used to have to order anything online because I grew up with about 4 great shops all within 30 minutes of me.

Old
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The One90 pants have a TON of protection while still being fairly mobile. I've got Vapor XXV right now and they are even less protection than the Vector 8.0's (but I love them), so I'd imagine you want to stay away from that line. If you want bigger pants, check out the RBK's and Missions.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
KillerCanuk

I love my synergy 300's. lots of movement and good protection, especially for a big guy

KillerCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I got the One70's. Very good mobility and seemed fairly well protective. I really haven't used other pants to compare them, but they feel like a great set, I would only imagine the One90's would be a more protective version of these.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 10:10 AM
stick9

I take it you play full contact then, correct?

I recently looked at and bought new pants. Looking online I thought I would check out the Vector 8's, but wasn't taken by them when I saw them and held them.

Protection wise, the Vapor XXX lite was awesome, but I didn't like the snug griddle like fit. The One90 was recommended to me by a few people. I don't play full contact so I don't need that level of pant.

Crappy thing about pants is, you never know until you look at them and try them on.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
I take it you play full contact then, correct?

I recently looked at and bought new pants. Looking online I thought I would check out the Vector 8's, but wasn't taken by them when I saw them and held them.

Protection wise, the Vapor XXX lite was awesome, but I didn't like the snug griddle like fit. The One90 was recommended to me by a few people. I don't play full contact so I don't need that level of pant.

Crappy thing about pants is, you never know until you look at them and try them on.
I just went out and picked up the One90's on Friday. They seem great; comfortable when I tried them on with plenty of protection. Practice is in 2 hours; I guess I'll see how they do on the ice now.

Old
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
deanosaur

Best pants I ever bought were TPS Redlight and good old Tacklas.
Unfortunately you can only Frankenstein pants so long before they pass away.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsyuk40 View Post
I just went out and picked up the One90's on Friday. They seem great; comfortable when I tried them on with plenty of protection. Practice is in 2 hours; I guess I'll see how they do on the ice now.
Cool.

I got to wear my new ones (mission fuel 110) for the first time last night. It was a little weird since I had been using the same pant for over five years. They seemed small at first, but it was just a narrower fit than my old Vic's.

Strange thing about these pants is there are two small spots in the front and two in the back they are not protected. Not really a big deal since they are small and the area doesn't really need to be covered. For 60 bucks I got a hell of a pant.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote