HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Daigle doing fine in Minny

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Sonik

vCash: 500
Alex Daigle doing fine in Minny

I was looking at some stats around the league and I stopped on Alexandre Daigle profile. I was really surprised to see him getting on the board so often. I'm really happy for him.

GP----G-----A----PTS---(+/-)-- PIM
57----12----19----31-------4------8

Not bad for a finished player going back last year. If you add the assist he got today, for a total of 32 points, that's only 2 behind Zednik.

What do you think about that? Do you feel he's gonna stick to the NHL for another couple of years or will he go back to his old self in a near future?

Old
02-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
I think he is going to get better, maybe top out as a 20 goal guy.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
02-23-2004, 12:17 AM
chicpea*

Good for him. I hope he continues for many years and has a great career.

Old
02-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Daigle is in the best plae he could be, no other coach could get this much out of his game nor turn him into a decent hockey player.

Old
02-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
I was looking at some stats around the league and I stopped on Alexandre Daigle profile. I was really surprised to see him getting on the board so often. I'm really happy for him.

GP----G-----A----PTS---(+/-)-- PIM
57----12----19----31-------4------8

Not bad for a finished player going back last year. If you add the assist he got today, for a total of 32 points, that's only 2 behind Zednik.

What do you think about that? Do you feel he's gonna stick to the NHL for another couple of years or will he go back to his old self in a near future?
He'll be back to his old self soon enough.

Old
02-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Darz

Dailge is a completely different player now than the guy who broke in with Ottawa imo. He has grown up and accepted certain facts and has moved on. The unrealistic goals that were set out for him from the beginning of his NHL career had him set up for failure no matter what he did. He was mislabel as a star player. His skills didn't translate into star skills once he entered the NHL. Also the league changing from the 80's style of hockey,which he would of been much more successful at, to a more defensive style hurt him. His lack of effort didn't help, but even at 100% effort he would of always been considered a disappointent.
He has seemed to reinvent himself this year in Minny (with Lemaires help, no doubt) and has found a way to become a useful NHL'er. I think he will have a somewhat decent NHL career from this point in now that he has grown up. He does deserve a little credit for coming full circle when it would of been much easier to walk away with all the money and disappear forever.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Let's hope he don't ask too much when his contract expires because the Wild won't pay him a lot and i'm sure he'll be a bust elsewhere .

Old
02-23-2004, 02:44 PM
slyc

There is nothing there. 12 g in 57 g. He would cleared the waivers if the Wilds don't protect him.

Last edited by slyc: 02-23-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old
02-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyc
There is nothing there. 12 g in 57 g. He would cleared the weavers if the Wilds don't protect him.
Maybe the weavers... but what about the waivers?

Closed Thread