HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Perfect Deadline?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 01:15 PM
TwineSniper

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
What I would like is a Rental D-man, a UFA at the end of season more specifically.

A D-man that is first and foremost Defence minded. (A player like Greg DeVries, although he isn't a rental)

Another forward could also be helpful. Not necessarily a 1st liner, etc. But just some more added depth to give us more options.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:17 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I have a general sick feeling (no, not the fake sickness you pull off on deadline day morning) that something very bad is going to happen on trade-deadline day. Regardless, I'll still have my now annual twelve pack of coke and re-heated Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza in celebration of the day, but as I said, I think Gainey will pull of a shocker that a lot of us won't be in agreement with.
I have the same feeling, Koivu or Zed or both being traded!

Old
02-23-2004, 02:17 PM
scosar

[QUOTE=Darz]I think hab fans who expecting something big from Montreal between now and March 10 are goingto be really disappointed.

I agree, the only deal I could have forseen was trading from strength (winger prospects) for our weakness (center prospect or a Big Center under 24 years old) There just aren't that many of them out there. I had thought we could possibly have swung a deal for Svitov as Tampa was getting fed up with him. But I don't think Columbus is willing to part with him now.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Tuggy

The perfect deadline for me would bring Robert Lang to Montreal....because not only would he help us now but he could be a great part of our future! But I really doubt this would ever happen, I would be happy with Halpern aswell. And we desperately need a physical defenseman!

Old
02-23-2004, 02:50 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
We could sign Madden at the end of the year (he's gonna be an UFA). He'd be a great 3rd center.
i bet you we will go after madden before next season, madden's just awsome.

as for trade deadline a couple of small trades will happen no biggies. thats what i think.

Old
02-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 2600
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
as for trade deadline a couple of small trades will happen no biggies. thats what i think.
Yeah , Gainsey should be able to trade for another player we don't know ( a la Begin )

Closed Thread