HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Which skates are the best threads

Old
07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Ti-girl

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebavalanche View Post
hey im trying to find a pair of size 14 and a half inline skates for my friend to buy - are there any stores online that sell that big? or any site that can make them that big? thanks
How big are your friend's feet? 17?

07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
sebavalanche

he is size 16 shoe

sebavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
for you guys that wear the eastons, what is the difference between teh S9 and se10 skates??
For starters, one's from the Stealth line the other from the Synergy.

The SE10 is a composite boot, the S9 is traditionally constructed boot. I believe the fit is different too, but I'm not 100% positive about that.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
For starters, one's from the Stealth line the other from the Synergy.

The SE10 is a composite boot, the S9 is traditionally constructed boot. I believe the fit is different too, but I'm not 100% positive about that.
yea i knew they were differnet models much like the vapors and the supremes i just wanted to know the difference structurealey and size wise. i knew the se10 was a one piece boot

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
octopi

vCash: 844
i currently wear and old school ccm super tacks size 7, looking to maybe get a lighter skate...anyone?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
i currently wear and old school ccm super tacks size 7, looking to maybe get a lighter skate...anyone?
CCM=Reebok

I went from supertacks to RBK. I love tacks and love RBK. Though, I wear super small skates. RBK 9K size 5.

I'm 5'9

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Picked up a pair of one95s over the summer and converted them to roller. I've owned pair after pair of top end skates and these easily take the cake.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Elshupacabra

Need new skates

Hey, I'm looking to buy some new skates. My season is starting soon and I want to pick up some new skates either before or just after it starts.

6' 6" 190lbs

Intermediate skater

Looking to spend somewhere in the range of $100-$150

Any good suggestions?

Elshupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
ILuvLucic*

Just picked up a pair of last year's Vapor 40's. Really impressed so far with the comfort and weight. Got a pretty good deal (300$ off) too.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
f2racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
CCM=Reebok

I went from supertacks to RBK. I love tacks and love RBK. Though, I wear super small skates. RBK 9K size 5.

I'm 5'9
I concur with ti-girl, I think that most of the recent RBK skates fit like tacks. So if you found your tacks comfy, RBKs will fit well. That being said, RBKs aren't going to be significantly lighter than your tacks...

f2racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Ti-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2racer View Post
I concur with ti-girl, I think that most of the recent RBK skates fit like tacks. So if you found your tacks comfy, RBKs will fit well. That being said, RBKs aren't going to be significantly lighter than your tacks...
Depends on which tacks you're going from and which RBKs you switch into.

Supertacks/RBK 9K...not much of a difference...but both are high end skates seeing as I was playing AAA hockey.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3V0R View Post
Just picked up a pair of last year's Vapor 40's. Really impressed so far with the comfort and weight. Got a pretty good deal (300$ off) too.
I got those a couple of months ago on closeout as well. Great skates, only problem is I want the limited edition X60's now.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

What difference will I be able to observe as I play in my new skates this upcoming friday?

I had Mission Fuel 75's and now switched to the very sexual, very sleek and very pro CCM Vector U+ Pro. They are 100x stiffer and lighter but will I really feel a big difference between the two skates?

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 04:31 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
What difference will I be able to observe as I play in my new skates this upcoming friday?

I had Mission Fuel 75's and now switched to the very sexual, very sleek and very pro CCM Vector U+ Pro. They are 100x stiffer and lighter but will I really feel a big difference between the two skates?
One is a traditional skate the other is comp. Of course you are going to feel a big difference.

I love the 75's as a rec skate, i have used them in games if i had too and have no complaints about them.

Too bad they dont make them anymore.

PS i always change out the holders on my missions. The one on the 75 wasnt bad, Tuuk is still a better holder, but i cant stand the Pitch. oh ya and the Pure's are just brutal, time to find a new brand of skate once my 120's bite it.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:11 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I got those a couple of months ago on closeout as well. Great skates, only problem is I want the limited edition X60's now.
Yeah the limited editions are pretty sweet. Can't believe someone on my junior B team actually shelled out 700$+ for them.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3V0R View Post
Yeah the limited editions are pretty sweet. Can't believe someone on my junior B team actually shelled out 700$+ for them.

You really cant believe that? its junior hockey

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
jmacie3

Just bought a pair of RBK 8k's. First skate and hopefully only one for a couple years. Perfect fit for my flat feet.

jmacie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

I have a wide-ish forefoot and a narrow heel. The Supreme line fits great, but after I play for a while my feet start to hurt until I take them off. I did some research and narrowed my options down to the RBK 5k, 4k, and Flexlite 3. Money isn't really important, I just want the best fit. I also don't mind paying extra if it's a better value. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 01:19 PM
jmacie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
I have a wide-ish forefoot and a narrow heel. The Supreme line fits great, but after I play for a while my feet start to hurt until I take them off. I did some research and narrowed my options down to the RBK 5k, 4k, and Flexlite 3. Money isn't really important, I just want the best fit. I also don't mind paying extra if it's a better value. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't think my feet were that wide but the only skate that felt comfy was RBK for me. Have you tried switching up how tight you lace your skates around the forefoot area?

jmacie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Pog Form

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacie3 View Post
I didn't think my feet were that wide but the only skate that felt comfy was RBK for me. Have you tried switching up how tight you lace your skates around the forefoot area?
Jmacie3, that is a great point. Das Uber, you might want to experiment with leaving the forefoot/midfoot area a little bit looser when you lace up your skates. It can make a big difference. I was having pain in the top of my foot a few months back, and I realized it was because my laces were too tight in the midfoot area. I switched it up and loosened the laces a bit and haven't had any pain since.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog Form View Post
Jmacie3, that is a great point. Das Uber, you might want to experiment with leaving the forefoot/midfoot area a little bit looser when you lace up your skates. It can make a big difference. I was having pain in the top of my foot a few months back, and I realized it was because my laces were too tight in the midfoot area. I switched it up and loosened the laces a bit and haven't had any pain since.
I've tried loosening the laces, getting different insoles, etc. The Supreme just seems to be hitting some pressure points in my feet because after 10-15 minutes it hurts like hell. The second I take them off the pain goes away.

Old
10-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Pog Form

Quote:
I've tried loosening the laces, getting different insoles, etc. The Supreme just seems to be hitting some pressure points in my feet because after 10-15 minutes it hurts like hell. The second I take them off the pain goes away.
Yikes, I guess they're just not the right shape for your feet then.

I tried some wide Easton SE10s last night and they felt quite a bit different from my Vapor XVIs. Not too sure about the difference between the Vapor and Supreme lines (I believe the Supremes are wider), but maybe try on a pair of wide Eastons if possible? The heel might not feel snug though, if you have a narrow heel in the wide boot. Just a thought. Good luck, though. I'm in the process of finding new skates and it's a tough job.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog Form View Post
Yikes, I guess they're just not the right shape for your feet then.

I tried some wide Easton SE10s last night and they felt quite a bit different from my Vapor XVIs. Not too sure about the difference between the Vapor and Supreme lines (I believe the Supremes are wider), but maybe try on a pair of wide Eastons if possible? The heel might not feel snug though, if you have a narrow heel in the wide boot. Just a thought. Good luck, though. I'm in the process of finding new skates and it's a tough job.
Yea, what sucks though is that there aren't many places close by where I can try skates on before I order them. The closest pro shop is really small and they can be real ****** so I try to avoid going there.

Old
10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Is there any difference between these RBK 5K's and the 09 model?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RBK-5K-PUMP-SIZE...item45ed88697f

They look exactly the same, except the 09's are a different color.

Edit: That store is an official RBK retailer so I went ahead and bought the skates. I ended up getting them for $165 after 8% Bing Cashback.

Last edited by Das Uber: 10-29-2009 at 08:48 PM.