HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hasek looking to return...again

Old
08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
SR

vCash: 500
Hasek looking to return...again

Quote:
Czech hockey legend Dominik Hasek may soon be able to confirm the old "third time's a charm" axiom.

The forty-three year old goalie retired in June after helping the NHL's Detroit Red Wings capture the Stanley Cup. "My body is still ready, but I lack motivation," Hasek told reporters in Detroit at the time.

Once back in Prague, however, he succumbed to second thoughts.

Make that third thoughts: In the summer of 1999 he summoned TV crews to a Prague news conference where the great Czech goalie announced he was preparing for his last NHL campaign. Hasek said his decision was final and that he called the conference in order to avoid speculation throughout the season. But he missed a number of games due to a groin injury, so he continued to play...
http://www.praguepost.com/articles/2...-to-return.php

Last edited by Redwingsfan: 08-29-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: cant post entire articles
SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
He insists, though, that another season on the NHL circuit is out of the question. "I don't want to talk about it at the moment," he explains. "It's clear, however, that I wouldn't go to the NHL. If I were to return, I would play with a Czech team."
If he wants to play at home let him.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
If he wants to play at home let him.
I think his time has run up in the NHL. Although I would not be suprised to see him picked up back home.

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Esoteric88

It would be good for him to still play, but at home. I can't imagine him playing in the NHL anymore.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay tossed an offer his way.....

Esoteric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:00 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric88 View Post
It would be good for him to still play, but at home. I can't imagine him playing in the NHL anymore.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay tossed an offer his way.....
i think the kings can make him a good offer, i think he would do ok on the kings, maybe make the playoffs.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
RingoCalamity

With the shorter season and lower shot counts, no reason he couldn't play there for at least a couple more years. Go for it, I say. If you love it, play as long as you can, once it's too late, it's too late.

RingoCalamity is offline   Reply With Quote