HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McCabe Trade Ideas...

Old
08-28-2008, 08:58 AM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
McCabe Trade Ideas...

McCabe Trade Ideas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple ideas I thought I'd throw around if McCabe did decide to waive his NMC clause.

1) Florida

McCabe for Van Ryn, and one of McArdle/Stewert/Repik/Dadonov/Zednik

2) Tampa Bay

McCabe for Ranger and one of Craig/Tyrell

3) Buffalo

McCabe for Spacek and McArthur or Afinogenov and one of Weber/Butler/Schutz/Mancari

4) Philadelphia

McCabe for Upshall and one of Kukkonen/Eminger/Syvret

Thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to leave some constructive criticisms.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
McCabe Trade Ideas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple ideas I thought I'd throw around if McCabe did decide to waive his NMC clause.

1) Florida

2) Tampa Bay

3) Buffalo

McCabe for Spacek and McArthur or Afinogenov and one of Weber/Butler/Schutz/Mancari

4) Philadelphia

Wow, really going out on a limb there. Forget Repik and Dadonov and possibly even McArdle, but Stewart and Zednik are likely candidates.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Capa*

Hasnt it been decided hes going to go to Florida...why even involve the other teams...plus your proposal with Buffalo is Ludacris lol.

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
I think I speak for the entire site minus Leafs fans that we really don't give a crap.
Well, instead of posting in each and every teams forums, I figured I'd post it here to see what maybe the fans of each team involved would think.

You don't have to read it or post in it if you don't like.

Cheers

Old
08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
Hasnt it been decided hes going to go to Florida...why even involve the other teams...plus your proposal with Buffalo is Ludacris lol.
Hasn't Buffalo been rumoured in getting rid of Afino? Not to mention Spacek makes a pretty big contract and has been injured alot these last 2 years hasn't he?

Old
08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Caps8112

understand that its exciting to think of trades but they got to be remotely fair. not sure what pairing Mccabe plays with on the leafs but hes a 5th/6th on most teams. As selfish and unreliable as Afino is he is still worth way more then mccabe alone. Think the leafs are gonna have to suck it up if they just want to dump his salary.

Caps8112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps8112 View Post
understand that its exciting to think of trades but they got to be remotely fair. not sure what pairing Mccabe plays with on the leafs but hes a 5th/6th on most teams. As selfish and unreliable as Afino is he is still worth way more then mccabe alone. Think the leafs are gonna have to suck it up if they just want to dump his salary.
I'm sorry are you trying to say that a defensemen that is capable of putting up 50 to 60pts is a 5th or 6th defenseman??? Woah, wow. Um, I'll admit that he may be a 3rd or 4th on some teams, but there still would be some teams out there that he would easily be the 1st pairing.

Old
08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
4) Philadelphia

not going to happen. that puts us over the cap

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
not going to happen. that puts us over the cap
Maybe Hatcher could be dumped somewhere to make room?

Old
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
McCabe Trade Ideas...

1) Florida

2) Tampa Bay

3) Buffalo

4) Philadelphia

McCabe for Upshall and Kukko?!?! Done deal IMO, well, if I was Holmgrem that is.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
McCabe for Upshall and Kukko?!?! Done deal IMO, well, if I was Holmgrem that is.
Imagine a defense pairing of Timonen and McCabe......pretty sweet. Timonen would do what Kaberle does.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:18 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Imagine a defense pairing of Timonen and McCabe......pretty sweet. Timonen would do what Kaberle does.

It would be insane, the Flyers would easily become cup contenders with the addition of Gags up front and McCabe on the blueline. The loss of Upshall insures Giroux who is just sick and so ready to play.

Now i guess the only question is who do we trade/waive to take on McCabes salary? And how much does he make, like 4.5 mil/yr or something?

Old
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Some of those aren't really all that balanced. Ranger for example is a hell of a lot more valuable than Van Ryn. Considering the acquisition cost though I wouldn't mind if the Canucks made a try for McCabe. He seems to get bashed a lot, or at least some Leaf fans whine about him getting bashed a lot, but he is what he is, a good hard nosed offensive dman that's a bit overpaid. Paired with someone steady like Ohlund he'd be a great addition.

I wouldn't have a problem if we traded say Krajicek and Hansen for him, which beats the supposed Florida offer. The only concern would be if it throws our excellent dman payroll structure out of whack.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Roo

I would take a potential McCabe - Upshall swap over Van Ryn any day.
Im sure Holmgren would find a way to get under the cap, and I think McCabe would be a solid addition to Philly. Especially if Hatcher is gone, McCabe would go a long way to deliver the physical play Hatcher did plus so much more.

McCabe - Upshall is a good starting point, but needs some fine tuning.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
I wouldn't have a problem if we traded say Krajicek and Hansen for him, which beats the supposed Florida offer. The only concern would be if it throws our excellent dman payroll structure out of whack.
Well, technically McCabe only earns $4.15 million/season though his cap hit is higher, which is in line with the team's other defensemen.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
Some of those aren't really all that balanced. Ranger for example is a hell of a lot more valuable than Van Ryn. Considering the acquisition cost though I wouldn't mind if the Canucks made a try for McCabe. He seems to get bashed a lot, or at least some Leaf fans whine about him getting bashed a lot, but he is what he is, a good hard nosed offensive dman that's a bit overpaid. Paired with someone steady like Ohlund he'd be a great addition.

Actually, I completely agree with you. I personally don't see McCabe as a the guys for a weak defense (like my Isles). But, paired with a stud defensive dman like Ohlund, McCabe's grit, offensive abilities, and physical play, would be a great complement. I think McCabe would be a huge asset to a team like VCR.

08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

You have some good proposals here and I like to think McCabe is capable of a good season next season.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Wait... McCabe is a elite dman if he's deal to a team like Philly but pure crap if he's dealt to Florida?

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Wow, really going out on a limb there. Forget Repik and Dadonov and possibly even McArdle, but Stewart and Zednik are likely candidates.
Yeah, I don't think so!!!!!!!! So far, the rumors that have been said are McCabe+????for Vanryn and thats it!

I don't see the Panthers sending any prospects the other way, I think we'll get an extra player because of the Kilger situation. Definately no Repik or Dandonov. Stewart might depending on IF this trade does go down, and if we get another scorer coming back. Zednik I don't believe will go anywhere because of the injury and him wanting to come back to FL.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Wait... McCabe is a elite dman if he's deal to a team like Philly but pure crap if he's dealt to Florida?
Since when is Upshall the kind of return that gets you an "elite" dman?

I don't think the value is equal across these deals at all - but it is also not as unbalanced as you are suggesting.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
McCabe Trade Ideas...

1) Florida

2) Tampa Bay

3) Buffalo

4) Philadelphia

This is a long, long way from the days when you were starting flame wars when other posters said that McCabe couldn't bring Okposo, Comeau et al.

Old
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Since when is Upshall the kind of return that gets you an "elite" dman?

I don't think the value is equal across these deals at all - but it is also not as unbalanced as you are suggesting.

So you send Upshall and Knuble for McCabe and a 3rd rounder in this years draft. That'll get it done i think. But the cap is still the issue for Flyers, that would put us about 2.5 over (excluding Hatcher of course).

Old
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
This is a long, long way from the days when you were starting flame wars when other posters said that McCabe couldn't bring Okposo, Comeau et al.
Well, McCabe didn't help by having a sub par year last year. Not to mention with him publically stating that he doesn't want to be traded. That there alone will negatively effect Toronto's ability to bring in what he's actually worth.

Old
08-28-2008, 12:38 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Well according to the Toronto Sun yesterday they said it is most likely to be Zednik and Van Ryan since the two of them almost equal the McCabe contract value... Keep in mind that they also said that Zednik might nto be included b/c Florida is weak on forwards as is

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well, McCabe didn't help by having a sub par year last year. Not to mention with him publically stating that he doesn't want to be traded. That there alone will negatively effect Toronto's ability to bring in what he's actually worth.
You were posting those deals as recently as the draft, when McCabe had already had a bad season and had declared he didn't want to be traded. And, you were also expecting fairly outrageous retrun at the deadline, when much of his bad season was over.

I'm not one to gloat to much, but I think I could be forgiven for reminding you of that, after all the flames you initiated over McCabe's market value.