HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes-Sabres

Old
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 500
Coyotes-Sabres

Daniel Carcillo for Clarke MacArthur and Maxim Afinogenov

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Over payment from the Sabres, unless they are going to take Morris back or something.

I think Carcillo + 4th for Afinogenov would get it done.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
JPurp26

it would be that easy? DONE

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Why would Phoenix do this?

It's not like they need the offensive depth. Carcillo add's a special element to the team.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 72
Well - I'm sure the value is there - but I don't see the Yotes with needing to do this. I think he's a fan favorite there and is an element that the team needs.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Ya know......Carcillo is going no where. He is too important to this team's future...maybe not on the level of Turris or Mueller but he is still a key component to the Coyotes organization. Pass big time.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I don't know that the value is terrible, but I don't see Phoenix trading away Carcillo. They might be able to use Max, but I don't know that they can afford him, and if they could, I'd prefer that money be spent on a top four defenseman.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Carcillo aint going anywhere, he's a staple on the team.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:58 AM
Haddock

Value is not bad, but as others have said, Carcillo is worth more to Phoenix than his real trade value would suggest.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Others have already nailed it. The value is good for Phoenix, but no way they do that deal. Carcillo is and will be more important to the Coyotes than Afinogenov and MacArther would be. The Coyotes have already made moves with Carcillo's development in mind. The organization thinks so highly of him that they went out and traded for Brian McGrattan, then signed Todd Fedoruk. The idea being that Carcillo can now focus on playing hockey, rather than all of the rough stuff. People who don't follow him closely assume that his game is only about being a tough guy. They don't realize how talented Danny is. Our team captain believes that Carcillo could be a 25 goal scorer, some day. Shane Doan hasn't seen a whole lot of those come through Phoenix, so that's a pretty nice compliment.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Others have already nailed it. The value is good for Phoenix, but no way they do that deal. Carcillo is and will be more important to the Coyotes than Afinogenov and MacArther would be. The Coyotes have already made moves with Carcillo's development in mind. The organization thinks so highly of him that they went out and traded for Brian McGrattan, then signed Todd Fedoruk. The idea being that Carcillo can now focus on playing hockey, rather than all of the rough stuff. People who don't follow him closely assume that his game is only about being a tough guy. They don't realize how talented Danny is. Our team captain believes that Carcillo could be a 25 goal scorer, some day. Shane Doan hasn't seen a whole lot of those come through Phoenix, so that's a pretty nice compliment.
Even if they have brought in McGrattan and Fedoruk, this would not be the first time that a team has tried to get Carcillo to restrain himself and it wont be the last.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 12:32 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Even if they have brought in McGrattan and Fedoruk, this would not be the first time that a team has tried to get Carcillo to restrain himself and it wont be the last.
There are HHOFers who always played right on the edge, often crossing it.

Old
09-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
There are HHOFers who always played right on the edge, often crossing it.
So what Carcillo is never going to be a hall of famer.

Old
09-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Gwyddbwyll

RT's point is that having a temper never stopped those guys from being pretty good hockey players.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
RT's point is that having a temper never stopped those guys from being pretty good hockey players.
Who played in much different times than Carcillo does. Carcillo makes Avery look like a Lady Byng candidate.

Old
09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why do Pittsburgh fans always want to tell Coyotes fans who Dan Carcillo is? How many times have you seen him play in the NHL versus how many times we have? Most of the time you guys have no clue what you are talking about, anyway. Always claiming he's a dirty player when he's clearly not. He doesn't cheapshot or attempt to injure. His problems come from not backing down when he should. Especially when it comes to officials. If he could stop abusing officials, he'd cut his penalty minutes in half. The concern has never been how he treats other players. He plays hard and likes to fight. There's nothing wrong with that. Our coaching staff likes that. The reason he's run into problems at the NHL level, so far, is because he doesn't show any respect to officials who resent him for it. They don't even like it when veteren players show them up. When a rookie does it, he gets tossed. It was that simple. I think Danny will learn to show more respect to the officials as he grows up and gains experience and the officials will learn to respect Danny more as he grows up and gains experience. This problem takes care of itself, in my opinion.

Old
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Why do Pittsburgh fans always want to tell Coyotes fans who Dan Carcillo is? How many times have you seen him play in the NHL versus how many times we have? Most of the time you guys have no clue what you are talking about, anyway. Always claiming he's a dirty player when he's clearly not. He doesn't cheapshot or attempt to injure. His problems come from not backing down when he should. Especially when it comes to officials. If he could stop abusing officials, he'd cut his penalty minutes in half. The concern has never been how he treats other players. He plays hard and likes to fight. There's nothing wrong with that. Our coaching staff likes that. The reason he's run into problems at the NHL level, so far, is because he doesn't show any respect to officials who resent him for it. They don't even like it when veteren players show them up. When a rookie does it, he gets tossed. It was that simple. I think Danny will learn to show more respect to the officials as he grows up and gains experience and the officials will learn to respect Danny more as he grows up and gains experience. This problem takes care of itself, in my opinion.
Maybe because other people have seen Carcillo be unable to control himself before despite being asked by management to do so? meanwhile you guys continue to preach to us how he is going to settle down and work on his hockey skills etc, the fact that Carcillo has skills isnt a new revelation hence why people have tried to settle him down in the past and it hasnt worked. I also didnt suggest he cheapshots or anything like that, many of his penalties are just completely stupid yet he still hasnt learned that.

Old
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Maybe because other people have seen Carcillo be unable to control himself before despite being asked by management to do so? meanwhile you guys continue to preach to us how he is going to settle down and work on his hockey skills etc, the fact that Carcillo has skills isnt a new revelation hence why people have tried to settle him down in the past and it hasnt worked.
The question though is do you want Carcillo to settle down? He's at his best when he's driving people nuts. Carcillo reminds me a lot of a young Rick Tocchet. If you look at Tocchet's progession as a player, he was a very similar style player to that of Carcillo. Carcillo will settle down a bit as he gets older.

As well, I don't know where the Avery comparisons come from. Unlike Avery, Carcillo does not go out looking for the smallest player on the ice to fight with. Avery does. Carcillo doesn't need to hide behind anyone and does his own dirty work. Avery doesn't. Carcillo is a legitimate tough guy with a good skill set. I have to agree with RT in that Fedoruk and McGrattan being brought in will lighten the load on Carcillo and he will be able to focus on playing hockey.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The question though is do you want Carcillo to settle down? He's at his best when he's driving people nuts. Carcillo reminds me a lot of a young Rick Tocchet. If you look at Tocchet's progession as a player, he was a very similar style player to that of Carcillo. Carcillo will settle down a bit as he gets older.

As well, I don't know where the Avery comparisons come from. Unlike Avery, Carcillo does not go out looking for the smallest player on the ice to fight with. Avery does. Carcillo doesn't need to hide behind anyone and does his own dirty work. Avery doesn't. Carcillo is a legitimate tough guy with a good skill set. I have to agree with RT in that Fedoruk and McGrattan being brought in will lighten the load on Carcillo and he will be able to focus on playing hockey.
Ofcourse you want him to settle down the idiot racks up penalty minutes on stupid crap like pushing around officials. If the Avery comparison was directed at me I wasnt comparing them at all I was saying that Carcillo makes Avery look like a Lady Byng winner because of all the stupid penalties he takes, Carcillo is far from worthy of being compared to Avery, Avery is much more effective and beneficial to a team than a guy who had 324 penalty minutes in 57 games. I really dont see how so many on HF have this mancrush on a guy who takes 324 penalty minutes in 57 games to put this in perspective Avery had 154 in 57 games. These 324 penalty minutes also were for a team ranked 24th in the league in pk percentage.

Old
09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Ofcourse you want him to settle down the idiot racks up penalty minutes on stupid crap like pushing around officials. If the Avery comparison was directed at me I wasnt comparing them at all I was saying that Carcillo makes Avery look like a Lady Byng winner because of all the stupid penalties he takes, Carcillo is far from worthy of being compared to Avery, Avery is much more effective and beneficial to a team than a guy who had 324 penalty minutes in 57 games. I really dont see how so many on HF have this mancrush on a guy who takes 324 penalty minutes in 57 games to put this in perspective Avery had 154 in 57 games. These 324 penalty minutes also were for a team ranked 24th in the league in pk percentage.
HE WAS A ROOKIE. ROOOOOKIEEEEEE.

Old
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
HE WAS A ROOKIE. ROOOOOKIEEEEEE.
Since when was being a rookie an excuse for pushing around officials? have you even seen his penalty numbers before he hit the NHL? its not like this was his first season of hockey and didnt know the rules lol.

Old
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Maybe because other people have seen Carcillo be unable to control himself before despite being asked by management to do so? meanwhile you guys continue to preach to us how he is going to settle down and work on his hockey skills etc, the fact that Carcillo has skills isnt a new revelation hence why people have tried to settle him down in the past and it hasnt worked. I also didnt suggest he cheapshots or anything like that, many of his penalties are just completely stupid yet he still hasnt learned that.
You haven't seen a thing. He played a couple of partial seasons for your minor league affiliate and not one single game for your team. Quit acting the expert.

Old
09-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
You haven't seen a thing. He played a couple of partial seasons for your minor league affiliate and not one single game for your team. Quit acting the expert.
So because I say Carcillo has skills but takes stupid penalties I have now proven I have not seen a thing lol..

Old
09-01-2008, 07:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Since when was being a rookie an excuse for pushing around officials? have you even seen his penalty numbers before he hit the NHL? its not like this was his first season of hockey and didnt know the rules lol.
Being a rookie excuses mistakes. You're telling me you've been hanging around a website called hockeysfuture for this long and have never heard of rookie mistakes. Guys settle down, learn, and get better. Thats generally how things have always worked. You know this just as well as everyone else, as it's plainly common knowledge. You just refuse to acknowledge it because your team got hosed in a trade and gave up on a badass player for a big worthless teddy bear. I'm sorry that your team made a terrible trade. Get over it.

Old
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
So because I say Carcillo has skills but takes stupid penalties I have now proven I have not seen a thing lol..
How many hockey games have you watched this particular player play in? Maybe none? None at all? Just going off of his stat lines and second hand info?

Sometimes rookies improve there weak points over time. Why should Carcillo be any different?