HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Acquisitions Introduced?

Old
08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

vCash: 500
New Acquisitions Introduced?

I was just wondering if the Rangers are going to introduce players like Redden, Zherdev...etc, just like they did last yr for Chris and Scotty..if they are when do you think it will be?

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

yeah, i was wondering the same thing. i doubt it though since Dru, and Gomer were introduced about the day they signed.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

They won't.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:56 PM
AK2794

^ why not?

AK2794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Because training camp is so close, they can just talk to the media then.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:14 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

It's not as hyped as the 1-2 punch big free agent centers as last year. I mean, they probably wouldn't even have been introduced them if we had signed only one of them.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
It's not as hyped as the 1-2 punch big free agent centers as last year. I mean, they probably wouldn't even have been introduced them if we had signed only one of them.
That's not the case, it was probably just tougher to get them all together in the middle of the summer, when last year it was two Americans who lived relatively close to the NY. This year, Naslund is either in Vancouver or Sweden, Redden is home in Ontario getting married and training with some Sens, and Zherdev & Kalinin probably returned to the motherland.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
That's not the case, it was probably just tougher to get them all together in the middle of the summer, when last year it was two Americans who lived relatively close to the NY. This year, Naslund is either in Vancouver or Sweden, Redden is home in Ontario getting married and training with some Sens, and Zherdev & Kalinin probably returned to the motherland.
Naslund is in Sweden practicing with Forsberg, the Sedins, and Enstrom. And your answer is Bang on Correct.

Old
08-28-2008, 10:04 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Naslund is in Sweden practicing with Forsberg, the Sedins, and Enstrom. And your answer is Bang on Correct.
forsberg? what? wasin't forsberg supposed to be out till christmas much less skate 5 months away from that.

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
forsberg? what? wasin't forsberg supposed to be out till christmas much less skate 5 months away from that.
its not serious Hockey. its just like Beer League, but with team Modo and Nazzy, Foppa, Sedins, and Enstrom.

Old
08-28-2008, 10:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
forsberg, i can see the papers tomorrow.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Redden is home in Ontario getting married and training with some Sens
Yeah, just saw him on SportsCentre and was out with some Sens guys. He was skating around with a parachute strapped around him.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
yeah, they won't introduce them and to be honest i don't really know why they didn't maybe because they aren't as "big" of superstars as some people might want to call it, i have no clue just a little guess there.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Yeah, just saw him on SportsCentre and was out with some Sens guys. He was skating around with a parachute strapped around him.
Yep, I found this tidbit in the Sun:

Quote:
Ex-Senators D Wade Redden stopped in Ottawa earlier this week to skate at the Bell Sensplex with his former teammates. Redden, who signed a six-year deal with the Rangers in the off-season, will head to New York next week. "The thought of going now is coming pretty quick. Yeah, it's going to be a big change, but we are excited about it," Redden told TSN. "Knowing that I'm not going to be here in a week, I'm sure it will sink in when I get down there and get into new surroundings. It will be a lot different."
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...03496-sun.html

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDieHardNYRFan02 View Post
yeah, they won't introduce them and to be honest i don't really know why they didn't maybe because they aren't as "big" of superstars as some people might want to call it, i have no clue just a little guess there.
I don't think it was given as much thought as we here are giving it. They probably just figured since the players were spread all over the world over the summer that it'd be too difficult to have a similar introduction.

Also, I tend to think they want to avoid some of the fanfare that went on last season, where everyone was talking big and the Cup was a topic of constant discussion - that seemed to really work against them. It's tough to meet expectations when you set the bar too high, so maybe they figure if they set the bar lower, they won't boo the acquisitions out of town if any or all get off to a rough start.

Maybe it's me, but the Rangers seem to play better when they're the "under dog", and without the lofty expectations and media attention last year's acquisitions had, maybe management thinks they'll transition more quickly than Gomez and especially Drury did last year. And this way, if the team "arrives", at least it'll do so unheralded.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote