HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mezaros traded to T-Bay

Old
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Guillemin

vCash: 500
I heard Phoenix on the trade rumors board, which sounded like a nice fit to me, given the holes on their blueline. The only problem might arise if they think the picks will be top 10 and therefore too valuable.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM
AD

No one wants to fix the name of the thread?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Too much of a pain, so at this point. It would probably make more sense for him to change his last name to Meszarous.

08-29-2008, 04:04 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Since Tampa currently doesn't have their own 3rd rd pick for next year. (Sent to Pittsburgh when Malone signed with Tampa). So there are two price ranges that they could offer, one is way too low. The other, 4 1st rd picks...do I have to continue?

RFA offer sheet compensation:

$863,156 or less None
$863,156 - $1,307,811 3rd round pick
$1,307,881 - $2,615,623 2nd round pick
$2,615,623 - $3,923,434 1st and 3rd round pick
$3,923,434 - $5,231,246 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick
$5,231,246 - $6,539,061 Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick
$6,539,061 or more Four 1st round picks

http://nhlscap.com/offer_sheets.htm
It's Tampa.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
It's Tampa.

They're working to reclaim their 3rd rounder from Pitts.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:19 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I do remember a classic 'Marlea on blocks' in the trade forum.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=393488

fun starts at post 88

Last edited by ti-vite: 08-29-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: found it
ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
It's Tampa.
The guy you quoted from said the offer was made last Monday. Well as of last monday, Tampa did not have their 3rd rd pick.

Actually, as far as I know they still don't have their 3rd rd pick as no deal has been announced between them and Pittsburgh.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
The guy you quoted from said the offer was made last Monday. Well as of last monday, Tampa did not have their 3rd rd pick.
Maybe the reason we don't have all of the details yet is because Tampa is looking to make both the RFA signing and the 3rd round pick trade at the same time through NHL Offices?

It's kind of like how at trade deadline, teams can send in that they are working on a deal before its officially made, which allows them to slip under the deadline minute.

Maybe Mezzy signed the offer sheet, but its not officially sent to the NHL offices until Tampa gets their 3rd Round pick, thats what I'm saying. People also need to remember that teams have made "compromises" when they don't have the pick. New Jersey received Scott Stevens for losing Brendan Shanahan because St. Louis did not have the right picks for compensation.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Magic33

tsn just said tampa is in the final stages of acquiring meszarous

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Magic33

scratch that

Ottawa trade meszarous to tampa for Kuba, Pickard and a 1st

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Maybe the reason we don't have all of the details yet is because Tampa is looking to make both the RFA signing and the 3rd round pick trade at the same time through NHL Offices?

It's kind of like how at trade deadline, teams can send in that they are working on a deal before its officially made, which allows them to slip under the deadline minute.

Maybe Mezzy signed the offer sheet, but its not officially sent to the NHL offices until Tampa gets their 3rd Round pick, thats what I'm saying. People also need to remember that teams have made "compromises" when they don't have the pick. New Jersey received Scott Stevens for losing Brendan Shanahan because St. Louis did not have the right picks for compensation.
Can't be done that way. The 3rd rd pick has to be officially transfered over to the Bolts, before they could proceed with making the RFA signing.

I remember the whole Stevens/Shanahan incident. But if I remember correctly, the rules were changed in the new CBA.

Old
08-29-2008, 06:02 PM
ti-vite

I googled (feeling lucky) 'meszarous' and it sent me right back here...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
scratch that

Ottawa trade meszarous to tampa for Kuba, Pickard and a 1st
lol...well that ends the whole RFA debate.

Hey AH, did you know about this trade and that's what you were talking about when you said he was going to Tampa?

The Ottawa Senators have traded defenceman Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning for defencemen Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and a first round pick (previously acquired from San Jose).

It's actually not a bad trade for both teams.

Old
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
The Ottawa Senators have traded defenceman Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning for defencemen Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and a first round pick (previously acquired from San Jose).

It's actually not a bad trade for both teams.
I was skeptical about Tampa being a threat this year, but now, I have to wonder. Adding Meszaros, even at the loss of Kuba, is a very good acquisition and if this Tampa squad clicks, they could be the damning for a team like Ottawa or New Jersey and slick into 8th in the playoffs.

I hate how there are two Alex Picards, both from Quebec, in the NHL. So annoying. Damn the Nick Backstroms while I'm at it.

Quote:
I remember the whole Stevens/Shanahan incident. But if I remember correctly, the rules were changed in the new CBA.
Yeah? If so, bummer. I liked how that all came about. While Stevens in NJ was a huge success, they did turn down a young Rod Brind'amour, Curtis Joseph and two draft picks to get Stevens instead. I wonder how NJ would have been with that instead of Scotty.

Old
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
goalchenyuk

i think it's a lot from Tampa . Imagine if he doesn't sign a long term contract with his new team !

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I was skeptical about Tampa being a threat this year, but now, I have to wonder. Adding Meszaros, even at the loss of Kuba, is a very good acquisition and if this Tampa squad clicks, they could be the damning for a team like Ottawa or New Jersey and slick into 8th in the playoffs.

I hate how there are two Alex Picards, both from Quebec, in the NHL. So annoying. Damn the Nick Backstroms while I'm at it.
I'm not totally convinced with Tampa just yet. But adding Meszaros to their line up is definitely a step in the right direction.

lol..I know what you mean. I'm always mixing up the two Alex Picards, if they ever get sent to the same team. I'm screwed.

Old
08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
anarmandaleb

Defense on the Sens = ?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
because of the parity , a lot of things could happen . People that are just puting the Habs first team in the conference could be deceived a lot . Tampa could surprise , The flyers will have Gagné , the Bruins will have Bergeron and who knows what ottawa are going to do without Emery with the team .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
because of the parity , a lot of things could happen . People that are just puting the Habs first team in the conference could be deceived a lot . Tampa could surprise , The flyers will have Gagné , the Bruins will have Bergeron and who knows what ottawa are going to do without Emery with the team .
1. Montreal
2. Pittsburgh
3. Washington
4. Boston
5. Philadelphia
6. New York Rangers

Everything else is a guess but Toronto, NYI, Atlanta and Ottawa will all be out of the play-offs.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Personally, I predict Habs at 2nd. I think we'll win the division but the whole year is going to be bizarre for both Conferences.

Most people give the Southeast to Washington, but what if Theodore cracks again? And Tampa, who the hell do they have in goal, Mike Smith? Can he hold on all year? His first year as starter? Boston is going to have a lot of guys back and healthy, but with a healthy Fernandez, is that going to cause tension with him and Thomas? The Flyers will have Gagne, but I'd say they are a worse team this year defensively, and losing Umberger could hurt more than they think.

Not much is predictable other than "Florida, Atlanta and Toronto will suck".

Old
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM
One Trick Pony

We never know so I say Islanders finish 1st.

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Uwey

If the Sens are suckin' by the New Year, is there a good chance that ownership will blow the team up & start from scratch again???

They could probably get some very good young players for Alfie, Heatley, Spezza & Phillips at the deadline to reshuffle the deck like Philly did a couple of seasons ago!!!

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Ford Prefect

Mezaros traded to T-Bay

Link

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=247902&l...s=topStory_nhl

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
Mezsarous

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
If the Sens are suckin' by the New Year, is there a good chance that ownership will blow the team up & start from scratch again???

They could probably get some very good young players for Alfie, Heatley, Spezza & Phillips at the deadline to reshuffle the deck like Philly did a couple of seasons ago!!!
I doubt they would trade Alfie. If they do, I'll be shocked. As for Heatley and Spezza, damn right they will get a lot. People forget that Heats is 27 and Spezza is 25. Both got a lot of juice, like 10 years each. Phillips is another I don't see going. Both Ontario teams sucking would/will be wonderful.