HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gainey has called Rutherford...Hill Rumor

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 07:12 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Gainey has called Rutherford...Hill Rumor

Bob Gainey has contacted GM Jim Rutherford to see the availability of Sean Hill, this is a Toronto based rumor.

Rutherford has informed Gainey that Hill a former Hab is not available. The Hurricanes also do not envision on trading Ron Francis or Rod brind'amour, due to their no trade clauses in their contracts

Luke Decock a reporter for a Raleigh newspaper said the only two players that could leave are the winger Jeff O'Neill and goalie Arturs Irbe.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniqu...AN403FD2AF.html

I think that this shows BG has some interest in getting some help for the playoff push and the playoffs period.

Old
02-27-2004, 07:25 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Bob Gainey has contacted GM Jim Rutherford to see the availability of Sean Hill, this is a Toronto based rumor.

Rutherford has informed Gainey that Hill a former Hab is not available. The Hurricanes also do not envision on trading Ron Francis or Rod brind'amour, due to their no trade clauses in their contracts

Luke Decock a reporter for a Raleigh newspaper said the only two players that could leave are the winger Jeff O'Neill and goalie Arturs Irbe.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniqu...AN403FD2AF.html

I think that this shows BG has some interest in getting some help for the playoff push and the playoffs period.
is this rumor which is toronto based credible?

Old
02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
is this rumor which is toronto based credible?
There is a link to RDS, a rumor is a rumor...crediabilty or speculation??? Who knows, there is always some truth to these things.

Old
02-27-2004, 07:47 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
There is a link to RDS, a rumor is a rumor...crediabilty or speculation??? Who knows, there is always some truth to these things.
true i hope we can try to get o'niell out of carolina, who knows maybe hill can get added in a package

Old
02-27-2004, 10:10 PM
EaGLE1

logical

Old
02-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Jacob

Sean Hill is a bad defenseman that makes bad plays.

Old
02-28-2004, 01:29 AM
craig1

Rutherford already said that Hill and Wesley were not going to be traded. He then gave reasons for both. I doubt he did it to raise value, since he probably turned off a few GM's by saying it publicly.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:44 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
Rutherford already said that Hill and Wesley were not going to be traded. He then gave reasons for both. I doubt he did it to raise value, since he probably turned off a few GM's by saying it publicly.
Status report:

Wesley - has been reported he does not want to be traded again, Rutherford will honor that
Brind A'Mour - has been reported he won't waive his no-trade clause
Francis & Hill - nothing but rumors, in my opinion. But....if Decock has reported Hill won't be traded, I'd believe Decock.
O'Neill- Big mouth just reminded me why I'm not in love with the guy. If Rutherford unloads him, I wouldn't shed a tear. Nonetheless, the GM that gives Rutherford what he wants will be branded "village idiot"

Hill has been playing well lately, i.e. hitting the damn net when he shoots the puck. Ward was beginning to play like he did when he first came to Carolina before he was injured. I seriously doubt we move any of the d-men. Ward getting injured might have saved him from being traded, but he has responded well to Laviolette so there was a chance he would be move anyway. I won't be surprised if he will re-sign, but for less money.
Svoboda and some of our other "prospects" (Surma, DeFauw) could probably be had for a bag of pucks.

Now, on with the show....

Last edited by HughJass*: 02-28-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Closed Thread