Notices

Duane Sutter on Flames prospects heading into 2008-09

Old
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
After watching the two prospects games, I like Nemisz a lot more than I did a week ago.

He's actually pretty damn good. Nothing at all like Chucko. He'll be in the NHL within 3 years
Amazing what actually SEEING someone will do...

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Shocking!

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Nemisz won't be Chucko but he still really needs to work on his skating. I thought he was slow in comparison to others even in the rookie tournament. He will be an NHLer but it remains to be seen if he'll be a first, second or third liner.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Seeing is overrated, I prefer looking at only some stats through a biased lens and then argue them to death with people who know more about it then I do. Can't wait for the season to start!

Go unnamed team from Alberta!

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Nemisz won't be Chucko but he still really needs to work on his skating. I thought he was slow in comparison to others even in the rookie tournament. He will be an NHLer but it remains to be seen if he'll be a first, second or third liner.
For someone who watched him live in Camrose I would hardly call him slow, sure he needs to work on his stride but by no means did I ever find his foot speed an issue agaisnt those uber rookies from out West or up North.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Nemisz won't be Chucko but he still really needs to work on his skating. I thought he was slow in comparison to others even in the rookie tournament.

From what I saw, I thought his skating was better than advertised.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
From what I saw, I thought his skating was better than advertised.
Me too. Really didn't think his skating was a problem at all. The people comparing him to Chucko are just clueless.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Scott Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the Flames no longer have his rights
Without a transfer agreement in place the Flames hold his rights indefinitely. Until a new agreement is in place, all of the players that were drafted and remain unsigned are still property of the team that drafted them. What will likely happen when they sign a new transfer agreement, is there will be a deadline to get all unsigned picks signed to pro contracts.

Scott Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
Without a transfer agreement in place the Flames hold his rights indefinitely. Until a new agreement is in place, all of the players that were drafted and remain unsigned are still property of the team that drafted them. What will likely happen when they sign a new transfer agreement, is there will be a deadline to get all unsigned picks signed to pro contracts.
there was a ruling on this where the Flames no longer kept his rights because he was playing in North America last year... when the Flames never qualified him Sutter made a statement much like the one you just did saying he expects to keep his rights because there is no agreement... but the NHL ruled otherwise.. i will do my best to find a link... i will post one when i do

edit: unfortunately I was unable to find the link(s)... as I can't even remember what message board I was posting on when I read it... but as the poster below varies he remembers reading that as well

Last edited by Lunatik*: 09-18-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
there was a ruling on this where the Flames no longer kept his rights because he was playing in North America last year... when the Flames never qualified him Sutter made a statement much like the one you just did saying he expects to keep his rights because there is no agreement... but the NHL ruled otherwise.. i will do my best to find a link... i will post one when i do
I remember reading this as well.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Lunatik*

well a couple days later I finally found the link (by accident of course)

Quote:
* EDIT TO ADD: The Flames have lost the rights to Finnish forward Juuso Puustinen. The Flames had suggested that the 2006 fifth-round pick was a defected player (because he was drafted out of Finland and has left North America to sign with a Finnish club) and that the club should retain his rights but the NHL has ruled otherwise. In any event, Sutter said the loss of the Finn, who spent the past two winters with the Kamloops juniors, "is not a big deal."
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...the-draft.aspx

the link was originally posted by StreakingRed in the thread about the Flames top 20 prospects

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Ronald Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Seeing is overrated, I prefer looking at only some stats through a biased lens and then argue them to death with people who know more about it then I do. Can't wait for the season to start!

Go unnamed team from Alberta!

Uhm it's not just unnamed team from Alberta. It's Flames fans in this very forum.

Cactus Jack et al. I'm looking at you.

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Dude, I watch the kids play. I catch a few junior games, I went to the development camp, I went to training camp saturday and saw the games 2nd rookie tournament game online (thankfully I have a girl that understands and watches with me). And as a seasons ticket holder, I'm going to the preseason games so I do see these guys play but I do not think just because Sutter drafted them means they're going to turn into gold.

Last edited by Cactus Jack: 09-22-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote